14-Year-Old Girl Sentenced In Death Of DC Uber Eats Driver
A 14-year-old girl has been sentenced to juvenile detention over the fatal carjacking of a Uber Eats driver in Washington D.C.
The girl, who was 13 at the time of the incident on March 23, is one of two teenagers charged in connection to the death of 66-year-old Mohammad Anwar, a grandfather and immigrant from Pakistan. The identities of the two girls have not been disclosed by officials.
She will remain in juvenile detention until she is 21. According to NBC Washington, the sentence was the maximum sentence requested by prosecutors.
Alongside a 15-year-old, she used a taser on Anwar during a carjacking attempt near Nationals Park, police said.
A police homicide detective, Chad Leo, testified in court late March that witnesses told him the teen girls and the driver were arguing loudly. The witnesses said the driver complained the girls were attempting to steal his car.
Leo said one witness shot a video showing one girl behind the car’s steering wheel with a Taser as the other girl partially wedged between the open driver’s door sitting on top of the other girl, according to Fox Baltimore. Social media footage reviewed by The Epoch Times showed one girl starting the car as the other girl was behind the wheel as Anwar was hanging on.
The original witness’ twitter account has since been suspended!
They murdered an Uber Eats driver in DC. https://t.co/Zz7xOu0Piv
— Ian Miles Cheong @ stillgray.substack.com (@stillgray) March 27, 2021
Leo cited footage showing the car speeding down Van Street before hitting a tree box.
The car then took a right turn on N Street before it hit other cars and flipped on its side, throwing Anwar from the vehicle. According to the Fox affiliate, he suffered broken ribs, a broken pelvis, and other significant injuries before he was taken to a hospital and pronounced dead.
“When Mr. Anwar called out for help and bystanders came, she chose to lie about whose car it was,” a prosecutor said Tuesday, reported WUSA9.
“[She] chose to grab the steering wheel, chose to put the car in gear, chose to repeatedly tell [the other girl] to go.”
A GoFundMe for Anwar’s family raised $1 million.
“Anwar was a beloved husband, father, grandfather, uncle, and friend who always provided a smile when you needed one. He leaves behind a family, near and far, who cherish, love, and miss him dearly,” his family wrote on the GoFundMe page.
Last month, the 14-year-old girl pleaded guilty to second-degree murder. The second teenager received the same sentence in June. Other charges against the teenagers were dropped as part of their plea deals with prosecutors.
- When The Levee Breaks… September 20, 2021
- If Only We Could Find A Cure For Trump Derangement Syndrome September 19, 2021
- The Fed Has Liquidated Its Entire Corporate Bond Portfolio September 19, 2021
- Report: Secondary Schools in Afghanistan Open Without Female Students or Teachers September 19, 2021
- U.S., Mexico Begin Removal Flights for Haitian Migrants September 19, 2021
- Report: Beto O’Rourke Eyes Political Comeback in Texas Gubernatorial Race September 19, 2021
- Rickards: No Recovery Until 2045? September 19, 2021
- Kadish: Is It Puppeteers Or Puppets In Control In Washington? September 18, 2021
- Hospital Staff That Decline COVID Vaccine For Religious Reasons Must Attest To Also Swearing Off Tylenol, Tums, & Other Common Meds September 18, 2021
- ‘Justice for J6’: Protesters Call for Due Process for Capitol Attack Detainees September 18, 2021
- Mexican State Cops Stop Buses with Caribbean Migrants Headed for Border, They Kept Walking September 18, 2021
- EXCLUSIVE VIDEO: Venezuelan, Colombian Migrants Cross Border Upstream from Del Rio Migrant Camp September 18, 2021
- Could Biden Nominate Anti-Gun Activist David Chipman As “Gun Czar”? September 16, 2021
- COVID Hysteria Could Destroy A Generation September 16, 2021
- The Illusion Of Getting Rich While Producing Nothing September 16, 2021
- Report: John Durham Will Seek Indictment of Democratic Lawyer for Allegedly Lying to the F.B.I. During ‘Russian Collusion’ Investigation September 16, 2021
- Watch: Joe Biden Forgets Who He’s Talking To — Calls Australian PM ‘That Fella Down Under’ September 16, 2021
- Major UK Fertilizer Plants Shuttered Due To Skyrocketing Natural Gas Prices September 16, 2021
- Canada’s Conservatives Are Using Soaring Inflation To Help Defeat Trudeau September 15, 2021
- Mary Trump: Donald’s Entire Cabinet in ‘Dereliction of Its Duty’ for Not Invoking 25th Amendment September 15, 2021
- 1,659,908 hits