ACT Joins Australian States in Restricting Sydneysiders Amid NSW Cluster
The Australian Capital Territory has joined every state in Australia and the Northern Territory in slapping travel restrictions on greater Sydney, as an outbreak in the city continues to grow days out from Christmas.
From midnight on Sunday, the ACT will require anyone coming from greater Sydney, the Central Coast, Illawarra-Shoalhaven and Nepean Blue Mountains to enter quarantine.
“If you are not an ACT resident and have been in any of these places, our message is simple … do not travel to the ACT,” ACT Chief Health Officer Kerryn Coleman told reporters on Sunday.
Anyone in the same household as the traveller will also be required to quarantine, she said.
ACT Health will not be considering exemption requests for non-residents coming from these regions, except in extremely extenuating circumstances, Coleman added.
“I do understand that this will be difficult for many people and we definitely don’t take these decisions lightly.
“While we will not have the restrictions in place any longer than we need to, we need the community to be prepared, this is likely to continue over Christmas and potentially into the New Year.”
NSW recorded 30 new cases in the 24 hours to 8 p.m. on Saturday, taking the number of cases believed to be linked to the northern beaches cluster to 70.
By Tiffanie Turnbull
- Q&A On The Infrastructure Bill And Biden Fiscal Package August 3, 2021
- Right Hand Man of George Soros Accused of Running Human Trafficking Ring, Raping Children & Women August 3, 2021
- Beijing Denounces Video Games As “Spiritual Opium”, Tencent Tumbles After Imposing Limits August 3, 2021
- 3rd DC Police Officer Who Saw What Really Happened on Jan. 6 Found Dead August 3, 2021
- Escobar: The Taliban Go To Tianjin August 2, 2021
- Ed Markey and Squad Sing ‘Communist’ Song ‘This Land Is Your Land’ August 2, 2021
- Pandemic Performance: AOC Masks up for Photo with Supporters August 2, 2021
- The Internet Celebrates the Collapse of the Left’s Woke Olympic Icons August 2, 2021
- Evictions Start With Nancy Pelosi & The House On A 7-Week Break August 2, 2021
- A Grossly Defective Product. How Strong Is The Economy Really? August 2, 2021
- Millions Locked Down As China Battles Worst COVID Outbreak Since Wuhan August 2, 2021
- The Road To Totalitarianism August 1, 2021
- Bipartisan ‘Infrastructure’ Bill Allows Feds to Bypass ‘Buy American’ Rules, Outsource U.S. Manufacturing August 1, 2021
- Senators Finally Introduce ‘Infrastructure’ Bill After Unauthorized Leak to Breitbart News August 1, 2021
- Exclusive: Bipartisan So-Called ‘Infrastructure’ Bill 2,700 Pages Long August 1, 2021
- Key Cryptocurrency Developments And Updates From JPMorgan August 1, 2021
- Bill Maher Rips Woke Mentality Now Driving Olympic Games: “Belongs In Stalin’s Russia” August 1, 2021
- Brandon Smith: Why Are Globalists And Governments So Desperate For 100% Vaccination Rates? July 31, 2021
- Gavin Newsom: Democrats will face ‘Profound Consequences Nationwide’ in 2022 if Recall Successful July 31, 2021
- Larry Elder Rallies Beach Crowd in L.A. to Recall Gov. Gavin Newsom July 31, 2021
- 1,653,541 hits