Activists Pressure Georgia to Boycott MLB, PGA After Election Reform Law
March 28, 2021 11:42 am
Tags: MLB, PGA, Politics, Social Justice, Sports, Transgender, Transgender Athletes
Categories: Breitbart News JoshWho News MLB PGA Politics Social Justice Sports Transgender Transgender Athletes
Athlete activists and activist groups have joined in an effort to force Major League Baseball (MLB) and the Professional Golfers Association (PGA) to boycott the state of Georgia after the state government passed an election reform bill.
The Masters is scheduled to be held in Augusta, Georgia, in August. The MLB All-Star Game is scheduled to take place in July. However, several different activist groups are doing their best to prevent either event from taking place after Georgia passed a voter reform law that will make it harder for Democrats to steal elections.
As Breitbart Warner Todd Huston reports, “The new law was praised by Heritage Action Executive Director Jessica Anderson, who said, ‘Reforms to make voter ID requirements and early voting access more consistent statewide, modernize the state’s voting rolls, and ensure robust oversight of voting and elections will protect Georgia’s votes and make the state a model for the rest of the country.’”
MLB Players Association (MLBPA) President Tony Clark has already signaled a willingness to hold talks on moving the All-Star Game out of Georgia.
“Players are very much aware” of the Georgia bill, Clark told the Boston Globe. “As it relates to the All-Star Game, we have not had a conversation with the league on that issue – if there is an opportunity to, we would look forward to having that conversation.”
The National Black Justice Coalition has reminded MLB and the PGA of their commitment to address “racial inequities.”
“The PGA Tour and Masters Tournament have both made commitments to help diversify golf and address racial inequities in this country – and we expect them to not only speak out against Georgia’s new racist voter suppression law – but to also take action,” the NBJC said.
As Huston reports:
If Major League Baseball removes the All-Star Game from Georgia, it would not be the first time that a professional sports league punished a state for its politics. In 2017 the NBA pulled its All-Star Game from the state of North Carolina when that state passed a law preventing biological men from using female restrooms. NBA Commissioner Adam Silver demanded that the state reverse the law — which it did not do — and then moved the game to New Orleans when the state refused to comply.
The PGA and MLB have yet to say whether they plan to cancel the events.
- GMRS is the New CB Public 2-way Radio Best Alternative communication for when SHTF January 18, 2022
- Futures Tumble As Global Bond Yields Surge January 18, 2022
- Dr. Peter McCullough: Official COVID “Narrative Has Crumbled” January 17, 2022
- Luke Philip Robinson Removed from FBI Most Wanted #343 Jan 6th Fed January 17, 2022
- Civil Rights Icon Barbara Jordan’s Legacy, 26 Years Later: Protecting Americans from Mass Immigration January 17, 2022
- NBA Owner Who Said ‘Nobody Cares’ About Uyghurs Is Democrat Mega-donor January 17, 2022
- Report: Black Americans Fleeing Democrat-Controlled New York, California January 17, 2022
- WEF’s Schwab Gives China’s Xi Propaganda Platform Against “Hegemonic Bullying… Cold War Mentality” January 17, 2022
- Peloton Will Hit New Customers With Hundreds Of Dollars In Fees For Bikes, Citing Inflation Woes January 17, 2022
- What Drives The Price Of Gold? Part 2 January 17, 2022
- Report: Ted Lieu Vacationed in Bermuda During ‘Build Back Better’ Vote January 16, 2022
- State-Backed Doping Strategy Imposed On Chinese Athletes, Former Doctor’s New Book To Release Before Beijing Olympics January 16, 2022
- U.K. Police Arrest Two Teens in Connection to Texas Synagogue Hostage-Taking January 16, 2022
- Texas Synagogue Terrorist’s Brother Says He ‘Was Suffering from Mental Health Issues’ January 16, 2022
- American Students Organize Classroom “Walk Outs” To Demand Return To Remote Learning January 16, 2022
- Utah’s Largest Newspaper Calls For Unvaxxed To Endure Draconian Lockdowns Enforced By National Guard January 16, 2022
- Europe’s Spendthrifts Are Stuck In Irreversible Debt-Traps January 16, 2022
- For Leftists, Your Freedom Is Their Misery – Your Slavery Is Their Joy January 15, 2022
- Huge Crowd Attends Trump Rally in Arizona: ‘Nobody’s Ever Had a Movement Like This’ January 15, 2022
- EXCLUSIVE — Trump Will Call on Republicans to Increase ICE Officers to ‘Find, Detain, and Deport’ Every Illegal Alien Biden Let into USA January 15, 2022
- 1,673,405 hits