Americans’ Concern About Catching CCP Virus Drops to Record Low
Only 35 percent of the people surveyed from March 15 to 21 said they were worried about catching COVID-19, the disease caused by the CCP (Chinese Communist Party) virus, commonly known as the novel coronavirus.
The pollster has surveyed sentiments related to the pandemic since April last year when 60 percent of Americans were concerned with becoming infected.
The percentage of those concerned about becoming infected has steadily dropped since the start of the year, according to the poll. Americans have likely grown less worried about access to testing and treatment. Only 14 percent of the respondents told Gallup in March they were either very or moderately concerned about access to testing. Only 22 percent were very or moderately concerned about access to hospital and health services.
The perception of the CCP virus situation overall has likewise reached a record high last month when 77 percent of the respondents said that the situation was getting a little or a lot better. The number of those who thought the situation was getting a little or a lot worse dropped to a record low of 7 percent.
Despite the positive sentiments, a huge swath of Americans still say that the pandemic continues to cause at least a fair amount of disruption in their lives, according to the poll. Sixty-four percent, or nearly two in three Americans, said their lives were still disrupted, down slightly from 70 percent who said the same in February.
“Americans have become substantially less worried about contracting COVID-19 as a growing proportion of adults have been fully vaccinated and as satisfaction with the vaccine rollout has improved. These shifts have occurred while coronavirus infection rates have fallen substantially from highs reached in January of this year,” RJ Reinhart wrote in a news release announcing the results of the poll.
“Optimism about the COVID-19 situation has also spiked to a record high,” Reinhart added. “Gallup previously observed a meaningful relationship between Americans’ perceptions of the coronavirus situation and changes in reported numbers of daily new cases.”
The survey was conducted on the web on March 15-21, with a random sample of 3,905 adults aged 18 and older. The margin of error is plus or minus 2 percent with a 95 percent confidence level.
- Could Biden Nominate Anti-Gun Activist David Chipman As “Gun Czar”? September 16, 2021
- COVID Hysteria Could Destroy A Generation September 16, 2021
- The Illusion Of Getting Rich While Producing Nothing September 16, 2021
- Report: John Durham Will Seek Indictment of Democratic Lawyer for Allegedly Lying to the F.B.I. During ‘Russian Collusion’ Investigation September 16, 2021
- Watch: Joe Biden Forgets Who He’s Talking To — Calls Australian PM ‘That Fella Down Under’ September 16, 2021
- Major UK Fertilizer Plants Shuttered Due To Skyrocketing Natural Gas Prices September 16, 2021
- Canada’s Conservatives Are Using Soaring Inflation To Help Defeat Trudeau September 15, 2021
- Mary Trump: Donald’s Entire Cabinet in ‘Dereliction of Its Duty’ for Not Invoking 25th Amendment September 15, 2021
- Bonds & Dollar Dump; Crypto Jumps As Debt-Ceiling Doubts Build September 15, 2021
- European Gas Prices Continue Parabolic Rise As EU Debates Nord Stream 2 Certification September 15, 2021
- Larry Elder, ‘Gracious in Defeat’: ‘We May Have Lost the Battle, but We Are Going to Win the War’ September 15, 2021
- Over Two-Thirds Of Businesses Worldwide Report Hiring Difficulties September 15, 2021
- WATCH – Gavin Newsom After Recall Victory: ‘We Said Yes to Science, We Said Yes to Vaccines’ September 15, 2021
- Gavin Newsom to Remain in Office; Democrats Want to Limit Future Recalls September 14, 2021
- Nikki Minaj Sparks MSM Meltdown After Suggesting Americans Think For Themselves About Vaccines September 14, 2021
- Nolte: Elites Violate Mask Mandate at Grotesque Met Gala September 14, 2021
- Biden, Newsom Continue Democrat Tradition of Blaming Climate Change for Wildfires September 14, 2021
- FBI Fires Lead Agent In Whitmer Kidnapping Case September 14, 2021
- Amnesty Alert: Bill ‘Blows Away All Numerical Limits’ on Employer-Based Green Cards — for an Entire Decade September 14, 2021
- A Father Speaks About the Death of his 16yr old son Ernest Ramirez Jr. after he received the COVID19 Vaccine September 13, 2021
- 1,659,679 hits