Army Football Coach Jeff Monken Says Games Being Played Should Be A ‘Message Of Optimism’
September 7, 2020 6:00 am
Tags: College football, Coronavirus, DC Exclusives - Opinion, Editorial, Smoke Room, Smoke Room Cross Post, Video, West Point
Categories: College football Coronavirus Daily Caller DC Exclusives - Opinion Editorial Smoke Room Smoke Room Cross Post Video West Point
Army football coach Jeff Monken wants people to be optimistic about games being played.
The Black Knights opened the season with a 42-0 win over Middle Tennessee this past Saturday, and Monken thinks America can look at games being played during the coronavirus pandemic as something that can provide hope. (RELATED: David Hookstead Is The True King In The North When It Comes To College Football)
Monken said the following after the game, according to Yahoo Sports:
Today should send a message of optimism. Every game that’s played should give everyone more confidence that we can do things that we want to do. … And really, it comes down to each individual person. They have to wash their hands and wear a mask and be physically distant from people. And it can be done. I hope in general we don’t become complacent because we see this is working and we let our guard down.
I couldn’t agree more with Monken if I tried. He’s 100% correct. We had an entire Saturday slate of games, and everything went just fine.
After months and months of being told that football wasn’t possible during the coronavirus pandemic, the critics and haters turned out to be wrong.
Army and several other teams took the field this past weekend and balled out. I loved watching it unfold, and it was a sign that the season can happen during the pandemic.
At this point, you’d have to be willingly ignoring the facts in order to be cheering against football.
We need Monken and every other possible coach in America speaking out in favor of football happening. We need the games to happen, and they 100% can happen. It’s that simple.
Props to the Army Black Knights for opening the season with a monster win. We love to see!
- Democrats In Congress Try To Abolish Space Force September 25, 2021
- Watch Live: President Trump Hosts a Political Rally in Georgia September 25, 2021
- Mayorkas Tells Migrants How to Get Through Title 42 Border Barrier September 25, 2021
- A Nationally Televised Example Of The Chaos False Positive COVID Tests Create September 25, 2021
- Arizona Senate Report on the Maricopa County Election Audit Highlights 49,000 Questionable Votes, Asks AG to Investigate September 25, 2021
- “Immunity As A Service” – The Snake-Oil Salesmen & The COVID-Zero Con September 24, 2021
- Los Angeles Homeless Moving Back Onto Street After Cleanups September 24, 2021
- LIVE: Audit Report Released To AZ Senate in Phoenix, AZ 9/24/21 on JoshWho September 24, 2021
- DHS Secretary Alejandros Mayorkas Considers Eliminating Border Horse Patrol Citing ‘Systemic Racism’ September 24, 2021
- DHS Secretary Alejandro Mayorkas: We Did Not Test Haitian Migrants for Coronavirus Before Releasing Them into U.S. September 24, 2021
- Exclusive: Dan Crenshaw Says Some Democrats ‘Quietly’ Interested in Cutting Catch and Release for Illegal Aliens September 24, 2021
- Pentagon Belatedly Releases Name Of Misidentified “ISIS-K Target” Killed In Kabul Drone Strike September 24, 2021
- Chairman, CEO Of China’s HNA Group Arrested For “Suspected Crime” September 24, 2021
- The European Energy Crisis Is About To Go Global September 24, 2021
- Unbiased, Mobility-Enabling, Open, Global Network: How Crypto Enables Economic Freedom September 23, 2021
- Report: California Put Coronavirus-Infected Inmates, Including Illegal Aliens, into Communities September 23, 2021
- Gov. Newsom: Vaccine Mandate for Kids ‘on the Table’ September 23, 2021
- The Latest Coronavirus Death Tolls, According to the CDC September 23, 2021
- Submitting VAERS COVID Vaccine Death Reports became a Full Time Job and is Overwhelmingly Climbing in Deaths. September 23, 2021
- Molecular Biologist Speaks At Dawson Creek City Council Meeting. September 23, 2021
- 1,660,383 hits