Army Football Coach Jeff Monken Says Games Being Played Should Be A ‘Message Of Optimism’
September 7, 2020 6:00 am
Tags: College football, Coronavirus, DC Exclusives - Opinion, Editorial, Smoke Room, Smoke Room Cross Post, Video, West Point
Categories: College football Coronavirus Daily Caller DC Exclusives - Opinion Editorial Smoke Room Smoke Room Cross Post Video West Point
Army football coach Jeff Monken wants people to be optimistic about games being played.
The Black Knights opened the season with a 42-0 win over Middle Tennessee this past Saturday, and Monken thinks America can look at games being played during the coronavirus pandemic as something that can provide hope. (RELATED: David Hookstead Is The True King In The North When It Comes To College Football)
Monken said the following after the game, according to Yahoo Sports:
Today should send a message of optimism. Every game that’s played should give everyone more confidence that we can do things that we want to do. … And really, it comes down to each individual person. They have to wash their hands and wear a mask and be physically distant from people. And it can be done. I hope in general we don’t become complacent because we see this is working and we let our guard down.
I couldn’t agree more with Monken if I tried. He’s 100% correct. We had an entire Saturday slate of games, and everything went just fine.
After months and months of being told that football wasn’t possible during the coronavirus pandemic, the critics and haters turned out to be wrong.
Army and several other teams took the field this past weekend and balled out. I loved watching it unfold, and it was a sign that the season can happen during the pandemic.
At this point, you’d have to be willingly ignoring the facts in order to be cheering against football.
We need Monken and every other possible coach in America speaking out in favor of football happening. We need the games to happen, and they 100% can happen. It’s that simple.
Props to the Army Black Knights for opening the season with a monster win. We love to see!
- Musk Tweets “Wild $T1mes!” After TSLA Joins ‘Four Commas’ Club October 25, 2021
- Musk Tops $250 Billion Net Worth After TSLA Rockets Past FB As 5th Biggest US Stock October 25, 2021
- Goldman Cut’s China’s 2022 GDP To Just 5.2% October 24, 2021
- ADL Warns: Avoid Culturally Insensitive, Gender-conforming Halloween Costumes October 24, 2021
- New Zealand Prime Minister Admits She Wants to Create Two Classes of Citizens Based on Vaccination Status October 24, 2021
- ‘The Richest He’s Ever Been’: Trump Set To Gain Billions In Net Worth On Moonshot SPAC October 24, 2021
- Washington Post ‘Forced to Admit They Lied’ After Pretending ‘F*ck Joe Biden’ Chant Was ‘Let’s Go, Brandon’ October 24, 2021
- Citigroup Becomes First Wall Street Megabank To Commit To “Racial Audit” October 24, 2021
- Gordon Chang: Joe Biden’s Taiwan Policy Is Now A Total Disaster October 23, 2021
- Pinkerton: Bidenflation Meets Bidenunemployment October 23, 2021
- President Biden Delays Release of JFK Assassination Records, Blaming Pandemic October 23, 2021
- CDC Director Admits “We May Need To Update Our Definition Of ‘Fully Vaccinated'” October 23, 2021
- Poland Will Not Be “Blackmailed” Into Accepting European Union Laws, PM Morawiecki Says October 23, 2021
- Why Should American Soldiers Die For Taiwan? October 22, 2021
- Mutated Strain Of Delta Variant Causing Panic In UK Has Been Found In US October 22, 2021
- Rep. Tiffany Grills AG Merrick Garland on Race-Based Loan Relief for Black Farmers October 22, 2021
- Democrat Terry McAuliffe Uses ‘Very Fine People’ Hoax in Campaign Ad Attacking Youngkin October 22, 2021
- Report: Joe Biden Builds ‘Wall’ Around His Delaware Beach House, Makes America Pay for It October 22, 2021
- Watch: Marine Vet Single-Handedly Disarms Gun-Wielding Robber In Seconds October 22, 2021
- Peter Schiff: Transitory Permanence October 22, 2021
- 1,663,609 hits