Australia Has to Accept Quarantine Errors: Berejiklian
December 9, 2020 7:40 pm
Tags: Australia, CCP Virus, Gladys Berejiklian, hotel, New South Wales, quarantine, World
Categories: Australia CCP Virus Epoch Times Gladys Berejiklian hotel JoshWho News New South Wales quarantine World
New South Wales Premier Gladys Berejiklian has said her hotel quarantine system is susceptible to human error after it was placed in the spotlight twice this week after returnees allegedly evaded hotel quarantine in Sydney before boarding a flight to Melbourne.
It is not guaranteed events like these won’t happen again said Berejiklian in an ABC interview on Wednesday.
“We have to accept that human error and mistakes are going to happen. I cannot promise that will not happen again,” she said.
“When you are managing that many thousands of people every week, you’re not going to have perfection as much as we would all like it. I cannot guarantee that there will not be incidents like that in the future,” she said.
Berejiklian also noted that NSW was dealing with thousands of overseas returnees a week, carrying the heaviest load for the whole of Australia.
NSW, for 9 months has been consistently involved in the nation’s programme to welcome back Australians stranded abroad due to CCP virus travel restrictions.
Since the start of the virus outbreak around 100,000 Australians have landed at Sydney international airport, with 45 percent not residents of NSW according to Berejiklian.
The quarantine system in Australia has been a source of numerous outbreaks around the country as state and territory governments deal with teething issues in the operation.
South Australia was forced into a four-day state-wide lockdown following a breach of its quarantine system. While an outbreak in Victoria from Melbourne’s hotel quarantine program led Victorian Premier Daniel Andrews to enforce a staged lockdown with curfews, limited travel and mandatory masks.
The Victorian outbreak led to over 800 fatalities and around 16,000 infections.
Due to the outbreak, the Victorian government was forced to pause their quarantine system, but have restarted the program this week. Their system is capped to bring in no more than around 160 returnees a day.
- Victor Davis Hanson: The Afghanistization Of America September 20, 2021
- Cuba Becomes First Country To Mass Vaccinate Children As Young As 2-Years Old September 20, 2021
- Ron DeSantis and 25 Republican Governors Demand Southern Border Crisis Meeting with Biden September 20, 2021
- White House: Illegal Aliens Do Not Need Proof of Vaccination Because ‘Not Intending to Stay’ September 20, 2021
- DHS Steps Up Removal Flights for Haitian Migrants at Border Bridge Camp September 20, 2021
- When The Levee Breaks… September 20, 2021
- If Only We Could Find A Cure For Trump Derangement Syndrome September 19, 2021
- The Fed Has Liquidated Its Entire Corporate Bond Portfolio September 19, 2021
- Report: Secondary Schools in Afghanistan Open Without Female Students or Teachers September 19, 2021
- U.S., Mexico Begin Removal Flights for Haitian Migrants September 19, 2021
- Report: Beto O’Rourke Eyes Political Comeback in Texas Gubernatorial Race September 19, 2021
- Rickards: No Recovery Until 2045? September 19, 2021
- Kadish: Is It Puppeteers Or Puppets In Control In Washington? September 18, 2021
- Hospital Staff That Decline COVID Vaccine For Religious Reasons Must Attest To Also Swearing Off Tylenol, Tums, & Other Common Meds September 18, 2021
- ‘Justice for J6’: Protesters Call for Due Process for Capitol Attack Detainees September 18, 2021
- Mexican State Cops Stop Buses with Caribbean Migrants Headed for Border, They Kept Walking September 18, 2021
- EXCLUSIVE VIDEO: Venezuelan, Colombian Migrants Cross Border Upstream from Del Rio Migrant Camp September 18, 2021
- Could Biden Nominate Anti-Gun Activist David Chipman As “Gun Czar”? September 16, 2021
- COVID Hysteria Could Destroy A Generation September 16, 2021
- The Illusion Of Getting Rich While Producing Nothing September 16, 2021
- 1,659,973 hits