Biden Adviser Cecilia Rouse on MLB’s Georgia Boycott: ‘Undoubtedly Going to Be a Cost’ to Stadium Workers
April 4, 2021 1:34 pm
Tags: Cecilia Rouse, Clips, Georgia, Joe Biden, MLB, Politics, Sports, voter fraud
Categories: Breitbart News Cecilia Rouse Clips Georgia Joe Biden JoshWho News MLB Politics Sports voter fraud
Council of Economic Advisers chair Cecilia Rouse said CBS’s “Face the Nation” that “there is undoubtedly going to be a cost” to the majority-black city of Atlanta’s stadium workers because Major League Baseball moved it’s All-Star game move out of Georgia to protest the new voting law.
Partial transcript as follows:
BRENNAN: This past week, we had a number of corporations weigh in on this controversial move in a number of states to change voting rights laws. The president said that he would like to see the All-Star game move out of Georgia. And then the very next day, Major League Baseball did just that. Is the White House urging corporations to use their economic power to take political positions?
ROUSE: Well, look, the president has said very strongly that he is opposed to the state laws restricting voting rights. He’s called them the Jim Crow of the 21st century, just, you know, period in terms of these companies. They are exercising their right to vote with their feet. It’s a little early to judge what the economic impact will be, but they have a right to to vote with their feet and to and to express their dissatisfaction with the laws.
BRENNAN: But for a popcorn stand worker in Atlanta who just learned he’s not going to be hired in July. I mean, this comes at a cost, does it not?
ROUSE: There is undoubtedly going to be a cost, I think that was the point that the- Major League Baseball was trying to make. Major League Baseball will, however, move its- its game and workers at another place will benefit. You know, that is exactly the message that Major League Baseball was trying to send. The president opposes these laws. He believes that they are restrictive, they are discriminatory. These businesses- these companies have the opportunity to vote with their feet and they’re using their economic power to just express their dissatisfaction.
Follow Pam Key on Twitter @pamkeyNEN
- When The Levee Breaks… September 20, 2021
- If Only We Could Find A Cure For Trump Derangement Syndrome September 19, 2021
- The Fed Has Liquidated Its Entire Corporate Bond Portfolio September 19, 2021
- Report: Secondary Schools in Afghanistan Open Without Female Students or Teachers September 19, 2021
- U.S., Mexico Begin Removal Flights for Haitian Migrants September 19, 2021
- Report: Beto O’Rourke Eyes Political Comeback in Texas Gubernatorial Race September 19, 2021
- Rickards: No Recovery Until 2045? September 19, 2021
- Kadish: Is It Puppeteers Or Puppets In Control In Washington? September 18, 2021
- Hospital Staff That Decline COVID Vaccine For Religious Reasons Must Attest To Also Swearing Off Tylenol, Tums, & Other Common Meds September 18, 2021
- ‘Justice for J6’: Protesters Call for Due Process for Capitol Attack Detainees September 18, 2021
- Mexican State Cops Stop Buses with Caribbean Migrants Headed for Border, They Kept Walking September 18, 2021
- EXCLUSIVE VIDEO: Venezuelan, Colombian Migrants Cross Border Upstream from Del Rio Migrant Camp September 18, 2021
- Could Biden Nominate Anti-Gun Activist David Chipman As “Gun Czar”? September 16, 2021
- COVID Hysteria Could Destroy A Generation September 16, 2021
- The Illusion Of Getting Rich While Producing Nothing September 16, 2021
- Report: John Durham Will Seek Indictment of Democratic Lawyer for Allegedly Lying to the F.B.I. During ‘Russian Collusion’ Investigation September 16, 2021
- Watch: Joe Biden Forgets Who He’s Talking To — Calls Australian PM ‘That Fella Down Under’ September 16, 2021
- Major UK Fertilizer Plants Shuttered Due To Skyrocketing Natural Gas Prices September 16, 2021
- Canada’s Conservatives Are Using Soaring Inflation To Help Defeat Trudeau September 15, 2021
- Mary Trump: Donald’s Entire Cabinet in ‘Dereliction of Its Duty’ for Not Invoking 25th Amendment September 15, 2021
- 1,659,904 hits