California Man Allegedly Beaten to Death by Group After Driving Truck Towards Host of People on Sidewalk
October 10, 2021 4:16 pm
Tags: California, Crime, investigation, Local, Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department, Pre-Viral, truck
Categories: Breitbart News California Crime investigation JoshWho News Local Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department Pre-Viral truck
A man in Hawthorne, California, died after he allegedly drove his truck on a sidewalk in an attempt to hit several people and was pulled out of his vehicle and allegedly beaten to death October 9.
According to a press release from the Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Department, the incident took place at the 14200 Block of Hawthorne Boulevard in Hathorne, California.
Hawthorne Police responded to the scene after receiving multiple calls around 12:08 a.m. on October 9 “for service regarding a vehicle driving on the sidewalk attempting to strike people that were standing,” a press release from the Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Department states.
The diver had a “verbal altercation” inside a business on the block and was asked to leave, “but returned, driving his truck onto the sidewalk and nearly striking several patrons standing on the sidewalk,” the release states.
UPDATE: The coroner has identified 40-year-old Melguin Lopez Santos as the driver of a pickup truck beaten to death by a crowd of people in Hawthorn early Saturday morning, after he allegedly tried to run people over with his vehicle. https://t.co/xfvaZToEwE
— CBS Los Angeles (@CBSLA) October 10, 2021
The driver almost hit multiple patrons before he lost control of the vehicle and struck a tree.
“Surrounding patrons attempted to take the driver out of his vehicle, but the driver was able to accelerate and drove his truck into a nearby building,” the L.A. County Sheriff’s Office stated. “Patrons again took the driver out of his vehicle, and a physical altercation ensued; at this time, Hawthorne police officers arrived on scene.”
Hawthorne officers observed what seemed to be blunt force trauma on the driver as he laid on the ground. Paramedics attempted to save the man with “life-saving measures,” but the driver “was pronounced dead on scene,” according to the statement.
Homicide investigators with the Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Office are working with the Hawthorne Police Department to investigate the death.
The Daily Breeze reports that the majority of people involved in the altercation “were interviewed by detectives and released, pending the result of the coroner’s autopsy.”
- Report: ‘Fragile’ Democrats Face Dire 2022 Prospects October 18, 2021
- One Bank Reveals The Dismal Truth About The $150 Trillion Crusade Against Climate Change October 18, 2021
- State Department Inspector General Will Investigate President Biden’s Botched Afghanistan Pullout October 18, 2021
- Fraternal Uprising: College Students Reject ‘Surveillance State’ Coronavirus Restrictions October 18, 2021
- Colin Powell Died from COVID Booster Shot Complications at age 84— He Was Fully Vaccinated October 18, 2021
- Peter Schiff: Stock Up Now! Inflation Could Get Very Ugly October 18, 2021
- Investors Starting To Realize “Stagflation” Is A Problem October 18, 2021
- Beijing, Moscow, Ankara Push US Out Of Red Sea Dominance October 18, 2021
- WATCH– President Biden Violates Mask Mandate in D.C. October 17, 2021
- 40% Of California State Workers Are Unvaccinated Despite Newsom’s Order October 17, 2021
- Donald Trump Mocks Biden Corruption: ‘Hunter Has Inspired Me to Begin Painting’ October 17, 2021
- China Stuns U.S. Intelligence with Hypersonic Missile Test October 17, 2021
- Taibbi: Yes, Virginia, There Is A Deep State October 17, 2021
- Coal Generation In UK Jumps As Wind Speed Drops October 17, 2021
- David Hogg Rebuked Again, Youth Gun Sports Leagues See “Record-Setting” Participation October 16, 2021
- Report: Cori Bush Defends Defund Police Push While Spending $130,000 on Personal Security, Including Cops October 16, 2021
- Marlow: ‘A Semi-Responsible Media’ Would Constantly Press Buttigieg for any ‘Reasonable Explanation’ for Economic Problems October 16, 2021
- Poll: Joe Biden’s Job Approval Hits New Low at 36 Percent October 16, 2021
- International Space Station Briefly Destabilized After Accidental Russian Rocket Firing October 16, 2021
- Huge Dock Worker Protests In Italy, Fears Of Disruption, As Covid ‘Green Pass’ Takes Effect October 16, 2021
- 1,662,997 hits