Charlie Hurt: Facebook Should Be Sued Out of Existence over COVID-19 Cover-Up for China
June 4, 2021 9:54 pm
Tags: Anthony Fauci, Big Tech, censorship, Charles Hurt, Charlie Hurt, Coronavirus, COVID-19, Facebook, Internet censorship, Mark Zuckerberg, Masters of the Universe, Online Censorship, Politics, Radio, Social Media, social media censorship, Tech, Tech Censorship, Wuhan Institute of Virology
Categories: Anthony Fauci Big Tech Breitbart News censorship Charles Hurt Charlie Hurt Coronavirus COVID-19 Facebook Internet censorship Mark Zuckerberg Masters of the Universe Online Censorship Politics Radio Social Media social media censorship Tech Tech Censorship Wuhan Institute of Virology
Facebook should be sued for its political censorship related to the coronavirus and its origins in China, Charles Hurt, Washington Times opinion editor and Breitbart News columnist, said on Friday’s edition of SiriusXM’s Breitbart News Daily with host Alex Marlow, author of Breaking the News: Exposing the Establishment Media’s Hidden Deals and Secret Corruption.
Hurt highlighted Facebook’s censorship of analyses and speculation regarding the novel coronavirus’s origins, particularly hypotheses of its origination in the Wuhan Institute of Virology.
He remarked, “At the very least Facebook should be sued out of existence for their hand in the cover-up of — trying to cover for — China, [and] their silencing of voices that were constructive voices that were saying, ‘Hey, we’ve got this lab over here that’s doing some really risky stuff. Oh, and by the way, your tax dollars are apparently going to pay for some of this risky research.’”
Hurt noted the legal immunities afforded to Facebook via its legal designation as an “interactive computer service” in Section 230 of the Communications Decency Act (CDA). Breitbart News explained the application of the CDA to Facebook and other “social media” technology companies:
Section 230 gives Big Tech companies immunity from lawsuits arising from user-generated content. If a person is defamed on Google, YouTube, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, or other big tech platforms like Reddit, those platforms are not legally liable for the content like a traditional publisher might be. This allows social media platforms to host billions of posts from users without a potentially crippling legal risk.
“Facebook wants protection for what gets said on its platform, but they don’t want to have to pay for that,” Hurt said. “What about what you don’t allow on your platform? What about the massive cover-up conspiracy that you led in order to prevent the world from exposing what may have caused the single worst assault on humanity?”
Facebook’s market capitalization is nearly $937 billion.
Breitbart News Daily broadcasts live on SiriusXM Patriot 125 weekdays from 6:00 a.m. to 9:00 a.m. Eastern.
- Democrats In Congress Try To Abolish Space Force September 25, 2021
- Watch Live: President Trump Hosts a Political Rally in Georgia September 25, 2021
- Mayorkas Tells Migrants How to Get Through Title 42 Border Barrier September 25, 2021
- A Nationally Televised Example Of The Chaos False Positive COVID Tests Create September 25, 2021
- Arizona Senate Report on the Maricopa County Election Audit Highlights 49,000 Questionable Votes, Asks AG to Investigate September 25, 2021
- “Immunity As A Service” – The Snake-Oil Salesmen & The COVID-Zero Con September 24, 2021
- Los Angeles Homeless Moving Back Onto Street After Cleanups September 24, 2021
- LIVE: Audit Report Released To AZ Senate in Phoenix, AZ 9/24/21 on JoshWho September 24, 2021
- DHS Secretary Alejandros Mayorkas Considers Eliminating Border Horse Patrol Citing ‘Systemic Racism’ September 24, 2021
- DHS Secretary Alejandro Mayorkas: We Did Not Test Haitian Migrants for Coronavirus Before Releasing Them into U.S. September 24, 2021
- Exclusive: Dan Crenshaw Says Some Democrats ‘Quietly’ Interested in Cutting Catch and Release for Illegal Aliens September 24, 2021
- Pentagon Belatedly Releases Name Of Misidentified “ISIS-K Target” Killed In Kabul Drone Strike September 24, 2021
- Chairman, CEO Of China’s HNA Group Arrested For “Suspected Crime” September 24, 2021
- The European Energy Crisis Is About To Go Global September 24, 2021
- Unbiased, Mobility-Enabling, Open, Global Network: How Crypto Enables Economic Freedom September 23, 2021
- Report: California Put Coronavirus-Infected Inmates, Including Illegal Aliens, into Communities September 23, 2021
- Gov. Newsom: Vaccine Mandate for Kids ‘on the Table’ September 23, 2021
- The Latest Coronavirus Death Tolls, According to the CDC September 23, 2021
- Submitting VAERS COVID Vaccine Death Reports became a Full Time Job and is Overwhelmingly Climbing in Deaths. September 23, 2021
- Molecular Biologist Speaks At Dawson Creek City Council Meeting. September 23, 2021
- 1,660,384 hits