Chauvin Defense Argues Officer’s Knee Was on George Floyd’s Shoulder Blade, Not Neck
In the first week of the Derek Chauvin trial, much of the foundation was gone over with what happened in George Floyd’s death last May. From a look at the infamous 9 minutes 29 seconds clip that shocked the world, to the circumstances surrounding the immediate crime scene that day, and finally an introductory understanding of George Floyd’s drug problem.
This upcoming week will continue the Hennepin County Court’s deliberation over how the George Floyd and Derek Chauvin encounter was handled. Monday’s hearings focused on the use of force.
The following exchange is what concluded defense attorney Eric Nelson’s questions for Minneapolis Police Chief Medaria Arradondo. The video clip demonstrates that the concept of camera perspective bias changes where Chauvin’s knee was placed on George Floyd.
“From the perspective of Ms. Fraiser’s camera, it appears that Officer Chauvin’s knee is on the neck of Mr. Floyd.” “Yes.” “Would you agree that from the perspective of Officer King’s body camera, it appears that Officer Chauvin’s knee was more on Mr. Floyd’s shoulder blade?” “Yes.”
When Chief Medaria Arradondo first came up to testify, he told the court that the restraint used by Chauvin should stop after a few seconds. Arradondo emphasized that what was done to George Floyd went beyond the norm of usual policy, especially as when Floyd became “no longer responsive and motionless.”
“Once Mr. Floyd had stopped resisting, and certainly once he was in distress and trying to verbalize that, that should have stopped.”
The cross-examination defense attorney Eric Nelson managed to compel Chief Arradondo to admit that he hasn’t dealt with street-level crimes for years, and that his personal knowledge of de-escalation was lacking in a practical sense.
- Q&A On The Infrastructure Bill And Biden Fiscal Package August 3, 2021
- Right Hand Man of George Soros Accused of Running Human Trafficking Ring, Raping Children & Women August 3, 2021
- Beijing Denounces Video Games As “Spiritual Opium”, Tencent Tumbles After Imposing Limits August 3, 2021
- 3rd DC Police Officer Who Saw What Really Happened on Jan. 6 Found Dead August 3, 2021
- Escobar: The Taliban Go To Tianjin August 2, 2021
- Ed Markey and Squad Sing ‘Communist’ Song ‘This Land Is Your Land’ August 2, 2021
- Pandemic Performance: AOC Masks up for Photo with Supporters August 2, 2021
- The Internet Celebrates the Collapse of the Left’s Woke Olympic Icons August 2, 2021
- Evictions Start With Nancy Pelosi & The House On A 7-Week Break August 2, 2021
- A Grossly Defective Product. How Strong Is The Economy Really? August 2, 2021
- Millions Locked Down As China Battles Worst COVID Outbreak Since Wuhan August 2, 2021
- The Road To Totalitarianism August 1, 2021
- Bipartisan ‘Infrastructure’ Bill Allows Feds to Bypass ‘Buy American’ Rules, Outsource U.S. Manufacturing August 1, 2021
- Senators Finally Introduce ‘Infrastructure’ Bill After Unauthorized Leak to Breitbart News August 1, 2021
- Exclusive: Bipartisan So-Called ‘Infrastructure’ Bill 2,700 Pages Long August 1, 2021
- Key Cryptocurrency Developments And Updates From JPMorgan August 1, 2021
- Bill Maher Rips Woke Mentality Now Driving Olympic Games: “Belongs In Stalin’s Russia” August 1, 2021
- Brandon Smith: Why Are Globalists And Governments So Desperate For 100% Vaccination Rates? July 31, 2021
- Gavin Newsom: Democrats will face ‘Profound Consequences Nationwide’ in 2022 if Recall Successful July 31, 2021
- Larry Elder Rallies Beach Crowd in L.A. to Recall Gov. Gavin Newsom July 31, 2021
- 1,653,541 hits