Chinese and Qatari Money in America’s Universities
July 28, 2020 | Judicial Watch
“Judicial Watch has sued the Dept. of Education for records of foreign money in colleges and universities. And guess what country is of key interest in this regard? it’s China,” Fitton stated in last week’s Weekly Update.
When it comes to China “we’re in low-intensity warfare, at least in the sense of counter-intelligence,” Fitton concludes. A recent letter written by top-ranking House Republicans to the Secretary of Education brought this issue to light, by highlighting “the communist party’s attempt to silence academic research into the origins of the coronavirus.” In fact, it was reported late last month that over “70 universities received funding from the Chinese government and did not disclose those donations to the Department of Education,” Fitton continues.
Accordingly, Judicial Watch has requested documents through the Freedom of Information Act to investigate what could be violations of Section 117 of the Higher Education Act, which requires institutions of higher eduction to report “any donations of $250,000 or more from foreign sources in a 12 month period.” As Fitton explains:
“We’ve asked for records between the Department and all schools currently under section 117 investigations regarding these foreign gifts. We’re asking for any preliminary findings or reports that cover all open and closed investigations for the department regarding false or misleading reporting of foreign gifts.”
Judicial Watch is also in court on behalf of the Zachor Institute to ensure the transparency of the Qatari government’s donations to Texas A&M University. The Qatari government, which “has been criticized for its support of islamic terrorism” has allegedly donated $1 Billion to three U.S. universities, an issue that the Zachor Institute has raised as a potential anti-semitic threat,” Fitton concludes.
Support Judicial Watch today to ensure the vitality of the rule of law, and transparency in our institutions.
- Right Hand Man of George Soros Accused of Running Human Trafficking Ring, Raping Children & Women August 3, 2021
- Beijing Denounces Video Games As “Spiritual Opium”, Tencent Tumbles After Imposing Limits August 3, 2021
- 3rd DC Police Officer Who Saw What Really Happened on Jan. 6 Found Dead August 3, 2021
- Escobar: The Taliban Go To Tianjin August 2, 2021
- Ed Markey and Squad Sing ‘Communist’ Song ‘This Land Is Your Land’ August 2, 2021
- Pandemic Performance: AOC Masks up for Photo with Supporters August 2, 2021
- The Internet Celebrates the Collapse of the Left’s Woke Olympic Icons August 2, 2021
- Evictions Start With Nancy Pelosi & The House On A 7-Week Break August 2, 2021
- A Grossly Defective Product. How Strong Is The Economy Really? August 2, 2021
- Millions Locked Down As China Battles Worst COVID Outbreak Since Wuhan August 2, 2021
- The Road To Totalitarianism August 1, 2021
- Bipartisan ‘Infrastructure’ Bill Allows Feds to Bypass ‘Buy American’ Rules, Outsource U.S. Manufacturing August 1, 2021
- Senators Finally Introduce ‘Infrastructure’ Bill After Unauthorized Leak to Breitbart News August 1, 2021
- Exclusive: Bipartisan So-Called ‘Infrastructure’ Bill 2,700 Pages Long August 1, 2021
- Key Cryptocurrency Developments And Updates From JPMorgan August 1, 2021
- Bill Maher Rips Woke Mentality Now Driving Olympic Games: “Belongs In Stalin’s Russia” August 1, 2021
- Brandon Smith: Why Are Globalists And Governments So Desperate For 100% Vaccination Rates? July 31, 2021
- Gavin Newsom: Democrats will face ‘Profound Consequences Nationwide’ in 2022 if Recall Successful July 31, 2021
- Larry Elder Rallies Beach Crowd in L.A. to Recall Gov. Gavin Newsom July 31, 2021
- Wildfires Are Coming For Wine, Weed, And Christmas July 31, 2021
- 1,653,535 hits