‘CHOP’ Falls: Seattle Police Disband Autonomous Zone, Reclaim Precinct
July 1, 2020 8:32 am
Tags: antifa, CHAZ, CHOP, Featured, Jenny Durkan, Nation, National Security, police, Politics, Seattle
Categories: antifa CHAZ CHOP Featured Jenny Durkan JoshWho News Nation National Security police Politics Saraa Carter Seattle US US News
Seattle Police are reclaiming their east precinct after nearly a month of an anarchist takeover of the City’s Capitol Hill neighborhood. The force began moving into the area Wednesday during the early morning hours, making 10 arrests, according to reports.
Formed in the wake of the tragic death of George Floyd, the area, known as ‘CHOP,’ or the ‘Capitol Hill Organized Protest’ was created to establish autonomy from the police. Since it’s founding, however, the area has been the scene of four shootings that resulted in two fatalities and has reportedly seen multiple incidents of sexual assault, violence, and robberies.
Seattle Mayor Jenny Durkan, who once hailed the area as the “summer of love” ordered that the “unlawful assembly” be dismantled and instructed law enforcement to take immediate action Wednesday.
BREAKING: Seattle Police retake CHAZ pic.twitter.com/GOb9JKigIG
— Jack Posobiec ?? (@JackPosobiec) July 1, 2020
“As I have said, and I will say again, I support peaceful demonstrations. Black Lives Matter, and I too want to help propel this movement toward meaningful change in our community. But enough is enough,” said Police Chief Carmen Best in a response to the Mayor’s decision.
A reported Twitter account for ‘CHOP’ has also been suspended. However, an earlier tweet showed that the leaders of ‘CHOP’ had acknowledged the end to their experiment saying, “Over the last two weeks, we achieved what no one thought possible. We successfully built a self-governing community and convinced city leaders to enact meaningful police reform, including substantial budget cuts to the SPD.”
- Sens McConnell, Shelby Offer Short-Term Govt. Funding Bill Without Debt Ceiling September 22, 2021
- ‘Nasser Was Not An Outlier’ – Exposing The FBI’s Incurable Rot September 21, 2021
- Far-Left Democrats Force Funds for Israel’s Iron Dome Out of Funding Bill September 21, 2021
- Joe Biden Claims He Rebuilt Alliances in Europe Despite Infuriating France September 21, 2021
- Chuck Schumer Blames ‘Hateful and Xenophobic’ Trump Policies for Biden Border Chaos September 21, 2021
- BTFD Arrives: Futures Rebound, Europe Surges While Asia Slumps On Evergrande Fears September 21, 2021
- Victor Davis Hanson: The Afghanistization Of America September 20, 2021
- Cuba Becomes First Country To Mass Vaccinate Children As Young As 2-Years Old September 20, 2021
- Ron DeSantis and 25 Republican Governors Demand Southern Border Crisis Meeting with Biden September 20, 2021
- White House: Illegal Aliens Do Not Need Proof of Vaccination Because ‘Not Intending to Stay’ September 20, 2021
- DHS Steps Up Removal Flights for Haitian Migrants at Border Bridge Camp September 20, 2021
- When The Levee Breaks… September 20, 2021
- If Only We Could Find A Cure For Trump Derangement Syndrome September 19, 2021
- The Fed Has Liquidated Its Entire Corporate Bond Portfolio September 19, 2021
- Report: Secondary Schools in Afghanistan Open Without Female Students or Teachers September 19, 2021
- U.S., Mexico Begin Removal Flights for Haitian Migrants September 19, 2021
- Report: Beto O’Rourke Eyes Political Comeback in Texas Gubernatorial Race September 19, 2021
- Rickards: No Recovery Until 2045? September 19, 2021
- Kadish: Is It Puppeteers Or Puppets In Control In Washington? September 18, 2021
- Hospital Staff That Decline COVID Vaccine For Religious Reasons Must Attest To Also Swearing Off Tylenol, Tums, & Other Common Meds September 18, 2021
- 1,660,088 hits