Country sees weekend of mostly peaceful protests
June 8, 2020 8:28 am
Tags: George Floyd, George Floyd protests, Hollywood Boulevard, OAN Newsroom, President Trump
Categories: George Floyd George Floyd protests Hollywood Boulevard JoshWho News OAN OAN Newsroom President Trump
UPDATED 9:34 AM PT — Monday, June 8, 2020
Cities across the country saw mostly peaceful protests over the weekend in honor of George Floyd and the arrest of all officers involved in his death.
In Los Angeles, thousands marched in unity down Hollywood Boulevard on Sunday. Similar scenes werE also recorded in several other cities, including Seattle, New York and Washington, D.C.
President Trump spoke out on the demonstrations outside the White House Saturday, where he noted that it was a much smaller crowd than anticipated and thanked law enforcement on the frontlines.
This marked a major shift in demonstrations, which have had its share of violence. While many people have maintained their peace through the entirety of the protests, some have taken a more aggressive tone.
In previous weeks, looters and rioters destroyed businesses, set buildings as well as cars a blaze and violently clashed with police. Law enforcement have since appeared to back off confrontational tactics and are allowing marches to advance unopposed.
While the officers involved in the killing of Floyd have been arrested on several charges, demonstrators have said they wont stop until our justice system is changed.
- Victor Davis Hanson: The Afghanistization Of America September 20, 2021
- Cuba Becomes First Country To Mass Vaccinate Children As Young As 2-Years Old September 20, 2021
- Ron DeSantis and 25 Republican Governors Demand Southern Border Crisis Meeting with Biden September 20, 2021
- White House: Illegal Aliens Do Not Need Proof of Vaccination Because ‘Not Intending to Stay’ September 20, 2021
- DHS Steps Up Removal Flights for Haitian Migrants at Border Bridge Camp September 20, 2021
- When The Levee Breaks… September 20, 2021
- If Only We Could Find A Cure For Trump Derangement Syndrome September 19, 2021
- The Fed Has Liquidated Its Entire Corporate Bond Portfolio September 19, 2021
- Report: Secondary Schools in Afghanistan Open Without Female Students or Teachers September 19, 2021
- U.S., Mexico Begin Removal Flights for Haitian Migrants September 19, 2021
- Report: Beto O’Rourke Eyes Political Comeback in Texas Gubernatorial Race September 19, 2021
- Rickards: No Recovery Until 2045? September 19, 2021
- Kadish: Is It Puppeteers Or Puppets In Control In Washington? September 18, 2021
- Hospital Staff That Decline COVID Vaccine For Religious Reasons Must Attest To Also Swearing Off Tylenol, Tums, & Other Common Meds September 18, 2021
- ‘Justice for J6’: Protesters Call for Due Process for Capitol Attack Detainees September 18, 2021
- Mexican State Cops Stop Buses with Caribbean Migrants Headed for Border, They Kept Walking September 18, 2021
- EXCLUSIVE VIDEO: Venezuelan, Colombian Migrants Cross Border Upstream from Del Rio Migrant Camp September 18, 2021
- Could Biden Nominate Anti-Gun Activist David Chipman As “Gun Czar”? September 16, 2021
- COVID Hysteria Could Destroy A Generation September 16, 2021
- The Illusion Of Getting Rich While Producing Nothing September 16, 2021
- 1,659,973 hits