D.C. mayor likes tweet calling for National Guard withdrawal
February 17, 2021 3:12 pm
Tags: capitol riots, Featured, Meghan McCain, Muriel Bowser, Nation, National Guard, Politics, Washington DC
Categories: capitol riots Featured JoshWho News Meghan McCain Muriel Bowser Nation National Guard Politics Saraa Carter Washington DC
Meghan McCain on Tuesday evening shared that the mayor of Washington, D.C. liked a tweet of hers after the U.S. Senate acquitted former President Donald Trump in which the co-host of ABC’s “The View” called for National Guard troops to withdraw from the city.
Following a mob violently storming the U.S. Capitol on January 6, resulting in five deaths, over 25,000 National Guard troops were deployed to the nation’s capital in the lead-up to President Joe Biden‘s January 20 inauguration. While the troop presence has been scaling down since inauguration to about 6,000 as of Monday, they are set to remain in the city until possibly the autumn, Fox News reported.
The tweet from McCain, posted the day after Trump was acquitted on the single charge of “incitement of insurrection,” said: “Now that impeachment is done can DC stop having barbed wire fences and humvees around the capitol like this is a military base in Baghdad?”
Tensions surrounding Trump’s second impeachment trial sowed some worries about the potential for violence.
Then on Monday evening, the daughter of the late Arizona Republican Sen. John McCain shared a screenshot that D.C. Mayor Muriel Bowser liked her tweet, only using the eyes emoji.
You can follow Douglas Braff on Twitter @Douglas_P_Braff.
- Peter Schiff: Stock Up Now! Inflation Could Get Very Ugly October 18, 2021
- Investors Starting To Realize “Stagflation” Is A Problem October 18, 2021
- Beijing, Moscow, Ankara Push US Out Of Red Sea Dominance October 18, 2021
- WATCH– President Biden Violates Mask Mandate in D.C. October 17, 2021
- 40% Of California State Workers Are Unvaccinated Despite Newsom’s Order October 17, 2021
- Donald Trump Mocks Biden Corruption: ‘Hunter Has Inspired Me to Begin Painting’ October 17, 2021
- China Stuns U.S. Intelligence with Hypersonic Missile Test October 17, 2021
- Taibbi: Yes, Virginia, There Is A Deep State October 17, 2021
- Coal Generation In UK Jumps As Wind Speed Drops October 17, 2021
- David Hogg Rebuked Again, Youth Gun Sports Leagues See “Record-Setting” Participation October 16, 2021
- Report: Cori Bush Defends Defund Police Push While Spending $130,000 on Personal Security, Including Cops October 16, 2021
- Marlow: ‘A Semi-Responsible Media’ Would Constantly Press Buttigieg for any ‘Reasonable Explanation’ for Economic Problems October 16, 2021
- Poll: Joe Biden’s Job Approval Hits New Low at 36 Percent October 16, 2021
- International Space Station Briefly Destabilized After Accidental Russian Rocket Firing October 16, 2021
- Huge Dock Worker Protests In Italy, Fears Of Disruption, As Covid ‘Green Pass’ Takes Effect October 16, 2021
- Bovard: When Barack Obama Got Away With Murder October 15, 2021
- Rivera on Unvaccinated Kyrie Irving: ‘I Am Mad’ — ‘He’s Hurting Everybody’ October 15, 2021
- Joe Biden Wants Justice Department to Prosecute Trump Loyalists Defying Congressional Subpoenas October 15, 2021
- Flooding In West China Destroys Agricultural Production October 15, 2021
- Report: Hunter Biden Said Offer from Powerful Chinese Investor Had ‘Everything to Do with My Last Name’ October 15, 2021
- 1,662,821 hits