D.C. mayor likes tweet calling for National Guard withdrawal
February 17, 2021 3:12 pm
Tags: capitol riots, Featured, Meghan McCain, Muriel Bowser, Nation, National Guard, Politics, Washington DC
Categories: capitol riots Featured JoshWho News Meghan McCain Muriel Bowser Nation National Guard Politics Saraa Carter Washington DC
Meghan McCain on Tuesday evening shared that the mayor of Washington, D.C. liked a tweet of hers after the U.S. Senate acquitted former President Donald Trump in which the co-host of ABC’s “The View” called for National Guard troops to withdraw from the city.
Following a mob violently storming the U.S. Capitol on January 6, resulting in five deaths, over 25,000 National Guard troops were deployed to the nation’s capital in the lead-up to President Joe Biden‘s January 20 inauguration. While the troop presence has been scaling down since inauguration to about 6,000 as of Monday, they are set to remain in the city until possibly the autumn, Fox News reported.
The tweet from McCain, posted the day after Trump was acquitted on the single charge of “incitement of insurrection,” said: “Now that impeachment is done can DC stop having barbed wire fences and humvees around the capitol like this is a military base in Baghdad?”
Tensions surrounding Trump’s second impeachment trial sowed some worries about the potential for violence.
Then on Monday evening, the daughter of the late Arizona Republican Sen. John McCain shared a screenshot that D.C. Mayor Muriel Bowser liked her tweet, only using the eyes emoji.
You can follow Douglas Braff on Twitter @Douglas_P_Braff.
- Cascade Of Consequences July 26, 2021
- Tesla Q2 Earnings: China Remains Key, Questions Loom About Bitcoin, Batteries, Bailouts And The FSD Bait And Switch July 26, 2021
- World’s Food Supplies In Jeopardy Amid Climate Disasters July 26, 2021
- Gov. Abbott: Biden Admin’s Plan Is Catch and Release — Texas Plan Is Catch and Jail July 25, 2021
- Rubio Rips Biden Hypocrisy on Border, Cuba; Asks Where Forceful Don’t Come Message Was in Early Days of Presidency July 25, 2021
- Typhoon In-Fa Hits China’s East Coast, Forcing Container Ports To Close July 25, 2021
- Ninth Circuit: Gavin Newsom’s California Violated Private School Parents’ Rights with Shutdown July 25, 2021
- Previewing The Next Crisis: Spending Tumbles Among Households Cut Off From Unemployment Benefits July 25, 2021
- Maine Becomes First State To Charge Firms That Don’t Use Eco-Friendly Packaging Materials July 25, 2021
- Little Girl Seen in viral Video Getting Nipple Pinched by Joe Biden CONFIRMS Joe Did Pinch her nipple in front of the whole world July 25, 2021
- America Is Only One Step Away From A South African-Style Social Implosion July 24, 2021
- China Unveils World’s Fastest Maglev Bullet Train July 24, 2021
- Pinkerton: NYT Compares Biden’s Promised ‘Green Jobs’ to ‘Grueling’ Low-Wage Amazon and Uber Gigs July 24, 2021
- NFL to Fine Unvaccinated Players for Covid Protocol Violations July 24, 2021
- Colorado Monitoring Literal Plague Activity In At Least 6 Counties After Child Dies July 24, 2021
- Poll: Majority of Unvaccinated Indicate They Will Not Get the Jab July 24, 2021
- Live Trump Rally Today! Phoenix Arizona Watch Here July 24, 2021
- JPM Top Exec Mary Erdoes: “There’s A Reason” Junior Bankers Must Work 72 Hour Weeks July 24, 2021
- New Evidence shows COVID-19 was Deliberately Released by the Chinese Military July 24, 2021
- Bovard: The Coming “January 6” Train Wreck July 23, 2021
- 1,652,682 hits