Daily Beast contributing editor falsely accuses Tucker Carlson of editing an image of AOC to have ‘googly eyes’
February 18, 2021 10:25 am
Tags: Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, AOC, daily beast, Featured, justin baragona, Politics, Tucker Carlson, Tucker Carlson Tonight, tweet, Twitter
Categories: Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez AOC daily beast Featured JoshWho News justin baragona Politics Saraa Carter Tucker Carlson Tucker Carlson Tonight tweet Twitter
Fox News host Tucker Carlson’s producers are being accused of editing a photo of Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (D-NY) that was aired during a segment of ‘Tucker Carlson Tonight’ on Wednesday.
In a since deleted tweet, Daily Beast contributing editor Justin Baragona tweeted an image of of Ocasio-Cortez featured on the show with the caption, “So it appears that Tucker’s producers added ‘googly eyes’ to AOC in this image.”
However, the photo was taken of Ocasio-Cortez in May 2018 and was not edited.
Baragona acknowledged his mistake and took down the tweet.
“Taking down this tweet as the image of AOC has been out there since at least May 2018,” he wrote.
“Anyway, I’ll take the L and the addition to the list @SirajAHashmi,” he added.
In a separate post, Baragona wrote, “Every day you log onto Twitter, you hope to get through it without being it. Tonight, I was it. And I absolutely deserved to be.”
“Word of advice — if you don’t want to be IT, make sure you don’t send out factually inaccurate tweets that can be easily verified and debunked,” he added.
Follow Annaliese Levy on Twitter @AnnalieseLevy
- Markets Are “Sea Of Red” Amid “Total Meltdown In Anything Tech And Pandemic Winners” January 21, 2022
- US Special Forces Continue Mission Training Troops In Ukraine January 21, 2022
- Exclusive — Rep. Michael Waltz: ‘Swamp Is Lighting up’ to Protect Defense Department Contracts that ‘Pour Billions’ into China’s ‘Military Buildup’ January 20, 2022
- Dem Sen. Murphy Bashes Ukraine’s Zelensky over Biden Pushback: He ‘Seems More Interested in Twitter Fights’ Than Protecting His Country January 20, 2022
- EXCLUSIVE — Rep. Reschenthaler: Biden’s ‘Continued Weakness’ Destabilizes National Security January 20, 2022
- Texas Joins West Virginia In Boycotting BlackRock Over ‘Decarbonization’ Push January 20, 2022
- The Federal Reserve Is A Money-Making Enterprise January 20, 2022
- Futures Recover From Wednesday Rout As Yields, VIX Stabilize January 20, 2022
- Germany’s New Green Stimulus Plan Won’t Fix The Economy January 20, 2022
- Senate Blocks Chuck Schumer’s Gambit to Break Filibuster January 19, 2022
- Senate Republicans Block Democrat ‘Voting Rights’ Bills, Setting Up Filibuster Showdown January 19, 2022
- Trump Backs Banning Nancy Pelosi from Stock Trades: ‘It’s Not Fair to the Rest of the Country’ January 19, 2022
- Jordan Peterson: Why I Am No Longer A Tenured Professor At The University Of Toronto January 19, 2022
- Larry McDonald: We Are In The Early Innings Of A Colossal “Growth To Value” Rotation January 19, 2022
- Futures Rebound Strongly From Overnight Rout As Yields Stabilize January 19, 2022
- Manchin: We Already Have Laws to Ensure People Have Voting Rights, Voter Obstruction Is ‘Not Going to Happen’ January 19, 2022
- Suspect Identified in the Stabbing of Brianna Kupfer, Out on $1k Bail January 18, 2022
- Conspiracies As Realities, Realities As Conspiracies January 18, 2022
- Pollak: Democrats Are Abusing January 6 Committee to Create Their Own Wikileaks January 18, 2022
- Oil Spikes To Fresh 7-Year High After Key Iraq-Turkey Pipeline Explosion January 18, 2022
- 1,673,744 hits