Dane County, Wisconsin Completes Recount
Dane County Clerk Scott McDonell announced Saturday night that the recount was finished.
“However we still need a few hours to reconcile the numbers and complete paperwork,” he said in a tweet.
The Dane County Board of Canvass will reconvene at 10 a.m. on Sunday morning to do paperwork and finalize the process, including certification. As with the rest of the recount, the process will be streamed live.
The vote totals weren’t disclosed. Before the recount, Democratic presidential nominee Joe Biden had 260,157 votes to President Donald Trump’s 78,789 votes, according to unofficial results from McDonell’s office. Biden was ahead statewide by about 20,000 votes.
Wisconsin gives the winner 10 electoral votes.
Dane and Milwaukee counties started recounts on Nov. 20, after the Wisconsin Elections Commission approved a partial recount request from Trump’s campaign. The campaign paid $3 million for the recounts in the two counties.
Trump wrote on Twitter on Saturday that the recount “s not about finding mistakes in the count, it is about finding people who have voted illegally, and that case will be brought after the recount is over, on Monday or Tuesday.”
“We have found many illegal votes. Stay tuned!” he added.
Milwaukee County finished their recount on Nov. 27. The end result was Biden gaining a net of 132 votes.
“I promised that this would be a transparent and fair process, and it was,” Milwaukee County Clerk George Christenson told the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel.
“There was an examination of every ballot by election workers, a meticulous recounting of every ballot that was properly cast, a transparent process that allowed the public to observe, a fair process that allows the aggrieved candidate who sought the recount an opportunity to observe and object to ballots they believe should not be counted.”
Several legal matters are ongoing in Wisconsin in regards to election results.
One group filed an emergency petition asking the Wisconsin Supreme Court to block the certification of election results because of alleged irregularities. In a response filing on Friday, state election officials said the petition made arguments that rest “on the flimsiest of legal and factual bases.”
Another lawsuit filed last week also seeks to block the state’s certification of election results, arguing that all ballots cast via drop boxes are illegal and should be discarded.
- Cuba Becomes First Country To Mass Vaccinate Children As Young As 2-Years Old September 20, 2021
- Ron DeSantis and 25 Republican Governors Demand Southern Border Crisis Meeting with Biden September 20, 2021
- White House: Illegal Aliens Do Not Need Proof of Vaccination Because ‘Not Intending to Stay’ September 20, 2021
- DHS Steps Up Removal Flights for Haitian Migrants at Border Bridge Camp September 20, 2021
- When The Levee Breaks… September 20, 2021
- If Only We Could Find A Cure For Trump Derangement Syndrome September 19, 2021
- The Fed Has Liquidated Its Entire Corporate Bond Portfolio September 19, 2021
- Report: Secondary Schools in Afghanistan Open Without Female Students or Teachers September 19, 2021
- U.S., Mexico Begin Removal Flights for Haitian Migrants September 19, 2021
- Report: Beto O’Rourke Eyes Political Comeback in Texas Gubernatorial Race September 19, 2021
- Rickards: No Recovery Until 2045? September 19, 2021
- Kadish: Is It Puppeteers Or Puppets In Control In Washington? September 18, 2021
- Hospital Staff That Decline COVID Vaccine For Religious Reasons Must Attest To Also Swearing Off Tylenol, Tums, & Other Common Meds September 18, 2021
- ‘Justice for J6’: Protesters Call for Due Process for Capitol Attack Detainees September 18, 2021
- Mexican State Cops Stop Buses with Caribbean Migrants Headed for Border, They Kept Walking September 18, 2021
- EXCLUSIVE VIDEO: Venezuelan, Colombian Migrants Cross Border Upstream from Del Rio Migrant Camp September 18, 2021
- Could Biden Nominate Anti-Gun Activist David Chipman As “Gun Czar”? September 16, 2021
- COVID Hysteria Could Destroy A Generation September 16, 2021
- The Illusion Of Getting Rich While Producing Nothing September 16, 2021
- Report: John Durham Will Seek Indictment of Democratic Lawyer for Allegedly Lying to the F.B.I. During ‘Russian Collusion’ Investigation September 16, 2021
- 1,659,973 hits