Democrats Promote Ilhan Omar to Vice Chair of Africa Subcommittee
February 14, 2021 5:47 pm
Tags: Africa, antisemitism, BDS, House Foreign Affairs Committee, human rights, Ilhan Omar, Israel, Israel / Middle East, Marjorie Taylor Greene, National Security, Politics
Categories: Africa antisemitism BDS Breitbart News House Foreign Affairs Committee human rights Ilhan Omar Israel Israel / Middle East JoshWho News Marjorie Taylor Greene National Security Politics
House Democrats have promoted controversial Rep. Ilhan Omar (D-MN) to the position of Vice Chair on the Africa, Global Health, and Global Human Rights subcommittee within the U.S. House Committee on Foreign Affairs.
NEW: Ilhan Omar named vice chair of House foreign affairs subcommittee -Fox News
— Breaking911 (@Breaking911) February 14, 2021
Omar was promoted within the committee despite a history of antisemitic rhetoric that resulted in a House resolution in 2019 condemning antisemitism — though the resolution did not mention Omar by name and included other prejudices.
The promotion also came just days after House Democrats voted to strip freshman Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene (R-GA) of all of her committee assignments because of comments she made on social media about the QAnon conspiracy theory prior to being elected to Congress. Omar made most of her antisemitic comments after taking her seat in Congress.
Omar had claimed that Americans who support Israel owe “allegiance to a foreign country.” She also tweeted that members of Congress had been bribed by Jews to support Israel: “It’s all about the Benjamins baby.” In 2012, she had tweeted that “Israel has hypnotized the world.” She also supports the antisemitic “boycott, divestment, sanctions” (BDS) movement, which singles out Israel, and compared Israel to Nazi Germany in a House resolution backing the movement.
Her subcommittee could deal with matters relating to Israel, as the Biden administration prepares to re-enter the United Nations Human Rights Council, which the Trump administration left partly because of its anti-Israel bias. Israel is currently rejecting the jurisdiction of the International Criminal Court to hear a case brought by the Palestinian Authority.
Pelosi also promoted Omar despite concerns that she had enriched her husband’s political consulting firm by paying it nearly $2.7 million dollars. Omar, who initially denied the relationship, reportedly cut ties with the firm in November.
Joel B. Pollak is Senior Editor-at-Large at Breitbart News and the host of Breitbart News Sunday on Sirius XM Patriot on Sunday evenings from 7 p.m. to 10 p.m. ET (4 p.m. to 7 p.m. PT). His newest e-book is How Not to Be a Sh!thole Country: Lessons from South Africa. His recent book, RED NOVEMBER, tells the story of the 2020 Democratic presidential primary from a conservative perspective. He is a winner of the 2018 Robert Novak Journalism Alumni Fellowship. Follow him on Twitter at @joelpollak.
- Jan. 6th 2020 was 100% Staged. Meet FBI Informant Ray Epps The Fed-Protected Provocateur Who Appears To Have Led The Very First 1/6 Attack On The U.S. Capitol October 26, 2021
- FDA Panel Votes In Favor Of Pfizer Covid-19 Vaccine For Children Aged 5 – 11 October 26, 2021
- Democrats Stalking $5 Trillion In Billionaire Wealth For Tax Extraction October 26, 2021
- The Lost ‘Lockdown’ Months Of The COVID Crisis October 26, 2021
- Striking Workers Decry “Suicide Shifts” As Pandemic Burnout Takes Toll October 25, 2021
- Bidenflation Stole Christmas: Consumer Prices Up, Retail Spending Plans Not October 25, 2021
- EXCLUSIVE-Kevin McCarthy: Facebook Employees’ Leftist Narratives ‘Threatened’ by Breitbart Reporting October 25, 2021
- Thousands of NYC Workers March Across Brooklyn Bridge Protesting Vaccine Mandates: ‘F*ck Joe Biden!’ October 25, 2021
- Musk Tweets “Wild $T1mes!” After TSLA Joins ‘Four Commas’ Club October 25, 2021
- Musk Tops $250 Billion Net Worth After TSLA Rockets Past FB As 5th Biggest US Stock October 25, 2021
- Goldman Cut’s China’s 2022 GDP To Just 5.2% October 24, 2021
- ADL Warns: Avoid Culturally Insensitive, Gender-conforming Halloween Costumes October 24, 2021
- New Zealand Prime Minister Admits She Wants to Create Two Classes of Citizens Based on Vaccination Status October 24, 2021
- ‘The Richest He’s Ever Been’: Trump Set To Gain Billions In Net Worth On Moonshot SPAC October 24, 2021
- Washington Post ‘Forced to Admit They Lied’ After Pretending ‘F*ck Joe Biden’ Chant Was ‘Let’s Go, Brandon’ October 24, 2021
- Citigroup Becomes First Wall Street Megabank To Commit To “Racial Audit” October 24, 2021
- Gordon Chang: Joe Biden’s Taiwan Policy Is Now A Total Disaster October 23, 2021
- Pinkerton: Bidenflation Meets Bidenunemployment October 23, 2021
- President Biden Delays Release of JFK Assassination Records, Blaming Pandemic October 23, 2021
- CDC Director Admits “We May Need To Update Our Definition Of ‘Fully Vaccinated'” October 23, 2021
- 1,663,705 hits