DHS Secretary Mayorkas Uses Border Visit to Tout Amnesty for Illegal Aliens
June 25, 2021 7:47 pm
Tags: Alejandro Mayorkas, Amnesty, Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA), Department of Homeland Security, DHS, drug trafficking, Economy, El Paso, illegal immigration, immigration, mass immigration, Politics, Southern Border, U.S.-Mexico border
Categories: Alejandro Mayorkas Amnesty Breitbart News Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) Department of Homeland Security DHS drug trafficking Economy El Paso illegal immigration immigration JoshWho News mass immigration Politics Southern Border U.S.-Mexico border
Department of Homeland Security (DHS) Secretary Alejandro Mayorkas used his visit to the United States-Mexico border with Vice President Kamala Harris to tout amnesty for illegal aliens.
On Friday, during a press conference in El Paso, Texas, alongside Harris, Mayorkas said he was “hopeful” that an amnesty for illegal aliens would be approved by Congress.
“I am hopeful that Congress will pass immigration reform to fix a system that everyone recognizes is broke and I am thankful for [Sen. Dick Durbin’s] years-long effort and championing this effort,” Mayorkas said.
Mayorkas also suggested that the role of DHS, under his and President Joe Biden’s direction, is “to build safe and legal pathways for people” to stay in the U.S. indefinitely — a stark contrast to former President Trump’s DHS, which sought to stem illegal immigration and drug trafficking.
The amnesty push by Mayorkas comes as Sen. John Cornyn (R-TX) has said he is crafting amnesty legislation that would be sent off to Senate Democrats for negotiating.
In March, the Democrat-controlled House — with support from 30 House Republicans — passed H.R. 1603, known as the “Farm Workforce Modernization Act of 2021,” and H.R. 6, known as “American Dream and Promise Act of 2021.”
Together, the two plans would give amnesty to about 2.1 million illegal aliens working on U.S. farms and another 4.4 million Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA)-enrolled and eligible illegal aliens and those with Temporary Protected Status (TPS).
Already, many Senate Democrats are seeking to slip an amnesty past Congress through a little-known “reconciliation” maneuver. Senate Budget Committee Chairman Bernie Sanders (I-VT) is crafting a proposal that would include forcing American taxpayers to spend $150 billion on providing amnesty to millions of illegal aliens.
An amnesty would come as nearly 16 million remain jobless, all of whom want full-time jobs. Another 5.3 million Americans are underemployed but likewise, want full-time employment.
An analysis released this week by the Center for Immigration Studies revealed that amnesty for illegal aliens, which would immediately flood the U.S. labor market with millions of newly legalized foreign workers for whom employers can legally hire, would have a devastating impact on the nation’s ongoing unemployment problem.
Every year, 1.2 million legal immigrants are given green cards to permanently resettle in the U.S. In addition, 1.4 million foreign nationals are given visas to take American jobs while hundreds of thousands of illegal aliens enter the U.S. annually.
- Could Biden Nominate Anti-Gun Activist David Chipman As “Gun Czar”? September 16, 2021
- COVID Hysteria Could Destroy A Generation September 16, 2021
- The Illusion Of Getting Rich While Producing Nothing September 16, 2021
- Report: John Durham Will Seek Indictment of Democratic Lawyer for Allegedly Lying to the F.B.I. During ‘Russian Collusion’ Investigation September 16, 2021
- Watch: Joe Biden Forgets Who He’s Talking To — Calls Australian PM ‘That Fella Down Under’ September 16, 2021
- Major UK Fertilizer Plants Shuttered Due To Skyrocketing Natural Gas Prices September 16, 2021
- Canada’s Conservatives Are Using Soaring Inflation To Help Defeat Trudeau September 15, 2021
- Mary Trump: Donald’s Entire Cabinet in ‘Dereliction of Its Duty’ for Not Invoking 25th Amendment September 15, 2021
- Bonds & Dollar Dump; Crypto Jumps As Debt-Ceiling Doubts Build September 15, 2021
- European Gas Prices Continue Parabolic Rise As EU Debates Nord Stream 2 Certification September 15, 2021
- Larry Elder, ‘Gracious in Defeat’: ‘We May Have Lost the Battle, but We Are Going to Win the War’ September 15, 2021
- Over Two-Thirds Of Businesses Worldwide Report Hiring Difficulties September 15, 2021
- WATCH – Gavin Newsom After Recall Victory: ‘We Said Yes to Science, We Said Yes to Vaccines’ September 15, 2021
- Gavin Newsom to Remain in Office; Democrats Want to Limit Future Recalls September 14, 2021
- Nikki Minaj Sparks MSM Meltdown After Suggesting Americans Think For Themselves About Vaccines September 14, 2021
- Nolte: Elites Violate Mask Mandate at Grotesque Met Gala September 14, 2021
- Biden, Newsom Continue Democrat Tradition of Blaming Climate Change for Wildfires September 14, 2021
- FBI Fires Lead Agent In Whitmer Kidnapping Case September 14, 2021
- Amnesty Alert: Bill ‘Blows Away All Numerical Limits’ on Employer-Based Green Cards — for an Entire Decade September 14, 2021
- A Father Speaks About the Death of his 16yr old son Ernest Ramirez Jr. after he received the COVID19 Vaccine September 13, 2021
- 1,659,677 hits