Donald Trump: ‘Boycott Baseball’ and ‘Woke Companies’ Opposing Georgia Election Law
April 2, 2021 9:47 pm
Tags: All-Star Game, Atlanta, Baseball, brian kemp, Donald Trump, Georgia, MLB, Politics, Sports
Categories: All-Star Game Atlanta Baseball Breitbart News brian kemp Donald Trump Georgia JoshWho News MLB Politics Sports
President Donald Trump called for a boycott of Major League Baseball (MLB) Friday after they canceled the 2021 All-Star game in Atlanta to protest the new Georgia election law.
“Boycott baseball and all of the woke companies that are interfering with Free and Fair Elections,” Trump wrote. “Are you listening Coke, Delta, and all!”
Over 100 companies joined to condemn the law after it was signed, including Facebook, Google, Bank of America, Apple, Microsoft, Coca-Cola, American Express, Delta, and the Home Depot.
MLB commissioner Rob Manfred announced Friday his decision to move the All-Star game to a different host city, citing “thoughtful conversations” with players.
“I have decided that the best way to demonstrate our values as a sport is by relocating this year’s All-Star Game and MLB Draft,” he wrote in a statement.
Trump said baseball is losing “tremendous numbers” of fans because they are afraid of the radical left.
“[T]hey are afraid of the Radical Left Democrats who do not want voter I.D., which is desperately needed, to have anything to do with our elections,” Trump wrote.
The new Georgia law, signed by Gov. Brian Kemp, requires an ID in order to get an absentee ballot and makes it illegal to mail out absentee ballot applications to voters.
The MLB decision went against the wishes of the failed candidate for governor, Stacy Abrams, who campaigned against the new election laws. She argued the MLB pulling that All-Star game will actually hurt people of color economically.
“On behalf of PoC targeted by #SB202 to lose votes + now wages, I urge events & productions to come & speak out or stay & fight,” she wrote on social media.
- Markets Are “Sea Of Red” Amid “Total Meltdown In Anything Tech And Pandemic Winners” January 21, 2022
- US Special Forces Continue Mission Training Troops In Ukraine January 21, 2022
- Exclusive — Rep. Michael Waltz: ‘Swamp Is Lighting up’ to Protect Defense Department Contracts that ‘Pour Billions’ into China’s ‘Military Buildup’ January 20, 2022
- Dem Sen. Murphy Bashes Ukraine’s Zelensky over Biden Pushback: He ‘Seems More Interested in Twitter Fights’ Than Protecting His Country January 20, 2022
- EXCLUSIVE — Rep. Reschenthaler: Biden’s ‘Continued Weakness’ Destabilizes National Security January 20, 2022
- Texas Joins West Virginia In Boycotting BlackRock Over ‘Decarbonization’ Push January 20, 2022
- The Federal Reserve Is A Money-Making Enterprise January 20, 2022
- Futures Recover From Wednesday Rout As Yields, VIX Stabilize January 20, 2022
- Germany’s New Green Stimulus Plan Won’t Fix The Economy January 20, 2022
- Senate Blocks Chuck Schumer’s Gambit to Break Filibuster January 19, 2022
- Senate Republicans Block Democrat ‘Voting Rights’ Bills, Setting Up Filibuster Showdown January 19, 2022
- Trump Backs Banning Nancy Pelosi from Stock Trades: ‘It’s Not Fair to the Rest of the Country’ January 19, 2022
- Jordan Peterson: Why I Am No Longer A Tenured Professor At The University Of Toronto January 19, 2022
- Larry McDonald: We Are In The Early Innings Of A Colossal “Growth To Value” Rotation January 19, 2022
- Futures Rebound Strongly From Overnight Rout As Yields Stabilize January 19, 2022
- Manchin: We Already Have Laws to Ensure People Have Voting Rights, Voter Obstruction Is ‘Not Going to Happen’ January 19, 2022
- Suspect Identified in the Stabbing of Brianna Kupfer, Out on $1k Bail January 18, 2022
- Conspiracies As Realities, Realities As Conspiracies January 18, 2022
- Pollak: Democrats Are Abusing January 6 Committee to Create Their Own Wikileaks January 18, 2022
- Oil Spikes To Fresh 7-Year High After Key Iraq-Turkey Pipeline Explosion January 18, 2022
- 1,673,741 hits