Donald Trump’s Net Worth Fell by Over $1 Billion During His Presidency
The Forbes roundup of the world’s richest individuals, published Tuesday, shows that Trump ranked at 1,299 with an estimated net worth of $2.4 billion in 2021.
In 2017, Trump’s first year in office, the former president’s net worth was an estimated $3.5 billion, or nearly 32 percent more than now.
The data affirms Trump’s numerous statements that his presidency wasn’t making him richer.
Still, Trump’s current net worth is an uptick from March of last year, when he was estimated to be worth $2.1 billion, according to a Forbes estimate that sought to gauge the impact of the pandemic on his many business interests. That approximation was done looking at changes in the price of stocks similar to each segment of Trump’s businesses, with the numbers reviewed by industry experts.
According to Dan Alexander, senior editor at Forbes covering Trump’s businesses, had the former president sold off all his assets in 2017 and invested in the stock market, he would be $1.6 billion richer now.
“If he had sold everything on Day 1, paid the maximum capital-gains taxes on the sales, then put the proceeds into a conflict-free fund tracking the S&P 500, Trump would have ended his presidency an estimated $1.6 billion richer than he is today,” Alexander wrote.
Trump is the only billionaire to have served as president of the United States.
Over the past year, billionaires have multiplied at a striking rate, with a record 493 people joining the Forbes’ billionaires list since March 18, 2020. That’s a pace of around one new billionaire every 17 hours.
The United States added 98 newcomers to the list, including celebrity Kim Kardashian and Apple CEO Tim Cook.
Amazon founder Jeff Bezos tops the list, with an estimated net worth of $177 billion, followed by Tesla CEO Elon Musk with $151 billion.
- Could Biden Nominate Anti-Gun Activist David Chipman As “Gun Czar”? September 16, 2021
- COVID Hysteria Could Destroy A Generation September 16, 2021
- The Illusion Of Getting Rich While Producing Nothing September 16, 2021
- Report: John Durham Will Seek Indictment of Democratic Lawyer for Allegedly Lying to the F.B.I. During ‘Russian Collusion’ Investigation September 16, 2021
- Watch: Joe Biden Forgets Who He’s Talking To — Calls Australian PM ‘That Fella Down Under’ September 16, 2021
- Major UK Fertilizer Plants Shuttered Due To Skyrocketing Natural Gas Prices September 16, 2021
- Canada’s Conservatives Are Using Soaring Inflation To Help Defeat Trudeau September 15, 2021
- Mary Trump: Donald’s Entire Cabinet in ‘Dereliction of Its Duty’ for Not Invoking 25th Amendment September 15, 2021
- Bonds & Dollar Dump; Crypto Jumps As Debt-Ceiling Doubts Build September 15, 2021
- European Gas Prices Continue Parabolic Rise As EU Debates Nord Stream 2 Certification September 15, 2021
- Larry Elder, ‘Gracious in Defeat’: ‘We May Have Lost the Battle, but We Are Going to Win the War’ September 15, 2021
- Over Two-Thirds Of Businesses Worldwide Report Hiring Difficulties September 15, 2021
- WATCH – Gavin Newsom After Recall Victory: ‘We Said Yes to Science, We Said Yes to Vaccines’ September 15, 2021
- Gavin Newsom to Remain in Office; Democrats Want to Limit Future Recalls September 14, 2021
- Nikki Minaj Sparks MSM Meltdown After Suggesting Americans Think For Themselves About Vaccines September 14, 2021
- Nolte: Elites Violate Mask Mandate at Grotesque Met Gala September 14, 2021
- Biden, Newsom Continue Democrat Tradition of Blaming Climate Change for Wildfires September 14, 2021
- FBI Fires Lead Agent In Whitmer Kidnapping Case September 14, 2021
- Amnesty Alert: Bill ‘Blows Away All Numerical Limits’ on Employer-Based Green Cards — for an Entire Decade September 14, 2021
- A Father Speaks About the Death of his 16yr old son Ernest Ramirez Jr. after he received the COVID19 Vaccine September 13, 2021
- 1,659,677 hits