Breitbart News Daily broadcasts live on SiriusXM Patriot 125 weekdays from 6:00 a.m. to 9:00 a.m. Eastern.
Exclusive— Rep. Jason Smith: Big Tech Needs Regulation ‘in the Same Sense as Any Other Telecom’
May 28, 2021 8:08 pm
Tags: Big Tech, Big Tech Regulation, censorship, Coronavirus, COVID-19, Internet censorship, Jason Smith, Masters of the Universe, On The Hill, Online Censorship, political censorship, Politics, Radio, social media censorship, Tech, Tech Censorship, Wuhan, Wuhan Institute of Virology, Wuhan laboratory
Categories: Big Tech Big Tech Regulation Breitbart News censorship Coronavirus COVID-19 Internet censorship Jason Smith Masters of the Universe On The Hill Online Censorship political censorship Politics Radio social media censorship Tech Tech Censorship Wuhan Wuhan Institute of Virology Wuhan laboratory
Big Tech companies should be regulated as telecommunications companies are to combat political censorship, Rep. Jason Smith (R-MO) said on Friday’s edition of SiriusXM’s Breitbart News Daily with host Alex Marlow, author of Breaking the News: Exposing the Establishment Media’s Hidden Deals and Secret Corruption.
Marlow noted how Google, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and other technology companies are censoring content and banning users for expressing ideas contrary to endlessly shifting and nebulous parameters of “misinformation” as defined by Big Tech.
“I’m not saying anyone knows where coronavirus came from,” Marlow said. “I don’t know the timeline. I don’t know what China was up to, but I do know one thing: that the media told us that even considering such an idea was grounds for being thrown off of the social media platforms.”
Smith replied, “The political arm of the Democrat socialist party is Big Tech [and] the social media platforms. We saw it before the November election, where the Hunter Biden story came out a few weeks before, and guess what? They banned it. They hid it because it couldn’t be true, but then after the election, they discovered it’s true.”
Smith emphasized the Orwellian nature of Big Tech’s constantly changing parameters of “misinformation” in the context of the discussion of the coronavirus.
“It’s the same way right here, you couldn’t talk about the possibility that the coronavirus came from the lab at Wuhan until this week, and now they’re saying, ‘Oh yeah, you can,’ because Dr. Fauci flip-flopped for the hundredth time on an issue.”
Big Tech companies should not be arbiters of the acceptable parameters of speech and expression, Smith held.
“The fact that social media can control the speech of conservatives and control the truth is absolutely unacceptable,” he concluded. “We need to look at making sure that the social media platforms are regulated in the same sense that any other telecom is, where they cannot use it from such a biased perspective.”
- Hospital Staff That Decline COVID Vaccine For Religious Reasons Must Attest To Also Swearing Off Tylenol, Tums, & Other Common Meds September 18, 2021
- ‘Justice for J6’: Protesters Call for Due Process for Capitol Attack Detainees September 18, 2021
- Mexican State Cops Stop Buses with Caribbean Migrants Headed for Border, They Kept Walking September 18, 2021
- EXCLUSIVE VIDEO: Venezuelan, Colombian Migrants Cross Border Upstream from Del Rio Migrant Camp September 18, 2021
- Could Biden Nominate Anti-Gun Activist David Chipman As “Gun Czar”? September 16, 2021
- COVID Hysteria Could Destroy A Generation September 16, 2021
- The Illusion Of Getting Rich While Producing Nothing September 16, 2021
- Report: John Durham Will Seek Indictment of Democratic Lawyer for Allegedly Lying to the F.B.I. During ‘Russian Collusion’ Investigation September 16, 2021
- Watch: Joe Biden Forgets Who He’s Talking To — Calls Australian PM ‘That Fella Down Under’ September 16, 2021
- Major UK Fertilizer Plants Shuttered Due To Skyrocketing Natural Gas Prices September 16, 2021
- Canada’s Conservatives Are Using Soaring Inflation To Help Defeat Trudeau September 15, 2021
- Mary Trump: Donald’s Entire Cabinet in ‘Dereliction of Its Duty’ for Not Invoking 25th Amendment September 15, 2021
- Bonds & Dollar Dump; Crypto Jumps As Debt-Ceiling Doubts Build September 15, 2021
- European Gas Prices Continue Parabolic Rise As EU Debates Nord Stream 2 Certification September 15, 2021
- Larry Elder, ‘Gracious in Defeat’: ‘We May Have Lost the Battle, but We Are Going to Win the War’ September 15, 2021
- Over Two-Thirds Of Businesses Worldwide Report Hiring Difficulties September 15, 2021
- WATCH – Gavin Newsom After Recall Victory: ‘We Said Yes to Science, We Said Yes to Vaccines’ September 15, 2021
- Gavin Newsom to Remain in Office; Democrats Want to Limit Future Recalls September 14, 2021
- Nikki Minaj Sparks MSM Meltdown After Suggesting Americans Think For Themselves About Vaccines September 14, 2021
- Nolte: Elites Violate Mask Mandate at Grotesque Met Gala September 14, 2021
- 1,659,725 hits