Facebook removed interview with fmr. Pres. Trump
March 31, 2021 12:27 pm
Tags: censorship, Donald Trump, Facebook, Featured, lara trump, Nation, Politics, Social Media
Categories: censorship Donald Trump Facebook Featured JoshWho News lara trump Nation Politics Saraa Carter Social Media
Lara Trump, former President Donald Trump‘s daughter-in-law, has claimed that Facebook removed her interview with him, with an email from the social media site saying any content “in the voice of Donald Trump” would be wiped from its platform.
Lara Trump, a recently hired Fox News contributor, on Tuesday published links to the 18-minute video of her talking with the former president in Palm Beach Gardens, Florida on several social media sites, such as Twitter and Instagram.
MORE ON LARA TRUMP: Multiple outlets: Lara Trump, Mark Meadows eyeing NC Senate seat in 2022
Early on Wednesday, Lara Trump posted to Instagram and Facebook a screenshot of an email warning that any content posted to both platforms “in the voice of President Trump is not currently allowed on our platforms (including new posts with President Trump speaking)” and said that it “will be removed if posted, resulting in additional limitations on accounts that posted it.”
“This guidance applies to all campaign accounts and Pages, including Team Trump, other campaign messaging vehicles on our platforms, and former surrogates,” the email stated. It also mentioned that “we removed content from Lara Trump’s Facebook Page that featured President Trump speaking,” saying that it was “in line with the block” on his Facebook and Instagram accounts.
Facebook, which owns Instagram, permanently banned then-President Trump from its platform in January shortly following the deadly Capitol riot.
Alongside the screenshot, Lara Trump wrote in a caption: “Just like that, we are one step closer to Orwell’s 1984. Wow.”
The email was also sent to other Trump officials, such as son Eric Trump, who posted screenshots to Instagram too.
A source from Facebook confirmed to this reporter that the email is either “real or similar.”
After the January 6 riot in the U.S. Capitol, Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg decided to block then-President Trump “indefinitely,” saying that the commander-in-chief had used the platform to “incite violent insurrection against a democratically elected government”.
Leading up to and following the November presidential election, Trump used his social media to promote allegations of widespread election fraud.
Along with Facebook and Instagram, Trump was also permanently banned from Twitter, Snapchat, and YouTube after the riot.
You can follow Douglas Braff on Twitter @DouglasPBraff.
- Democrats In Congress Try To Abolish Space Force September 25, 2021
- Watch Live: President Trump Hosts a Political Rally in Georgia September 25, 2021
- Mayorkas Tells Migrants How to Get Through Title 42 Border Barrier September 25, 2021
- A Nationally Televised Example Of The Chaos False Positive COVID Tests Create September 25, 2021
- Arizona Senate Report on the Maricopa County Election Audit Highlights 49,000 Questionable Votes, Asks AG to Investigate September 25, 2021
- “Immunity As A Service” – The Snake-Oil Salesmen & The COVID-Zero Con September 24, 2021
- Los Angeles Homeless Moving Back Onto Street After Cleanups September 24, 2021
- LIVE: Audit Report Released To AZ Senate in Phoenix, AZ 9/24/21 on JoshWho September 24, 2021
- DHS Secretary Alejandros Mayorkas Considers Eliminating Border Horse Patrol Citing ‘Systemic Racism’ September 24, 2021
- DHS Secretary Alejandro Mayorkas: We Did Not Test Haitian Migrants for Coronavirus Before Releasing Them into U.S. September 24, 2021
- Exclusive: Dan Crenshaw Says Some Democrats ‘Quietly’ Interested in Cutting Catch and Release for Illegal Aliens September 24, 2021
- Pentagon Belatedly Releases Name Of Misidentified “ISIS-K Target” Killed In Kabul Drone Strike September 24, 2021
- Chairman, CEO Of China’s HNA Group Arrested For “Suspected Crime” September 24, 2021
- The European Energy Crisis Is About To Go Global September 24, 2021
- Unbiased, Mobility-Enabling, Open, Global Network: How Crypto Enables Economic Freedom September 23, 2021
- Report: California Put Coronavirus-Infected Inmates, Including Illegal Aliens, into Communities September 23, 2021
- Gov. Newsom: Vaccine Mandate for Kids ‘on the Table’ September 23, 2021
- The Latest Coronavirus Death Tolls, According to the CDC September 23, 2021
- Submitting VAERS COVID Vaccine Death Reports became a Full Time Job and is Overwhelmingly Climbing in Deaths. September 23, 2021
- Molecular Biologist Speaks At Dawson Creek City Council Meeting. September 23, 2021
- 1,660,383 hits