Far-Left Democrats Force Funds for Israel’s Iron Dome Out of Funding Bill
September 21, 2021 4:11 pm
Tags: Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, Continuing Resolution, Ilhan Omar, Iron Dome, Israel, Nancy Pelosi, Politics, Pramila Jayapal, Rashida Tlaib
Categories: Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez Breitbart News Continuing Resolution Ilhan Omar Iron Dome Israel JoshWho News Nancy Pelosi Politics Pramila Jayapal Rashida Tlaib
The far-left Democrats forced out provisions to fund Israel’s Iron Dome from the continuing resolution (CR) that would keep the government funded and raise the debt ceiling, according to reports.
According to Army Technology, “Iron Dome provides defence[sic] against short-range missiles and rockets which pose a threat to the civilian population,” such as those fired from Gaza earlier this year.
Due to there not being enough votes to pass the CR as a result of pushback from far-left Democrats, a Politico reporter claimed that House Democrats were forced to remove the Iron Dome provisions to pass the measure.
Before the provisions were taken out, reports confirmed that far-left Democrats told the Democrat leadership they would not vote for the bill if it included the $1 billion funding for the Iron Dome, which caused the Rules Committee to go into recess.
NEW: A little bit of drama with the Dem passage of the CR/ Debt ceiling in the House. A group of progressives have told leadership they will not vote for the bill if it includes $1b in funding for Israel’s Iron Dome. The flap has led to the Rules Committee to go into recess.
— Ryan Nobles (@ryanobles) September 21, 2021
The CR has been revised with the Iron Dome provision taken out.
The far-left members leading this effort have been Reps. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (D-NY), Ilhan Omar (D-MN), and Rashida Tlaib (D-MI). House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-CA) cannot have any opposition in her party if she hopes to pass anything due to her thin majority in the House.
Pelosi has already been facing opposition from the Republicans, who have said they will not vote from the CR due to the provision to raise the debt ceiling in the bill.
Rep. Pramila Jayapal (D-WA), the head of the far-left Congressional Progressive Caucus, will reportedly meet with Pelosi on Tuesday.
There was funding in the bill to replace the missiles used from the Iron Done in May from the Hamas attack on the Jewish state. Bloomberg reported the Defense Department asked in a classified supplemental request of $1 billion.
Follow Jacob Bliss on Twitter @jacobmbliss.
- Rivera on Unvaccinated Kyrie Irving: ‘I Am Mad’ — ‘He’s Hurting Everybody’ October 15, 2021
- Joe Biden Wants Justice Department to Prosecute Trump Loyalists Defying Congressional Subpoenas October 15, 2021
- Flooding In West China Destroys Agricultural Production October 15, 2021
- Report: Hunter Biden Said Offer from Powerful Chinese Investor Had ‘Everything to Do with My Last Name’ October 15, 2021
- Bill Clinton Hospitalized For Infection That Spread To Bloodstream October 15, 2021
- Cryptos Surge On News SEC “Set To Allow” Bitcoin Futures ETF October 15, 2021
- Treasury Official Warns Using Stablecoins For Payments “Raises A Whole Set Of Issues” October 14, 2021
- Biden’s Court-packing Commission Blames Republicans for Polarization over Judiciary October 14, 2021
- Poll: Americans Are Increasingly Wary of Government Overreach Under Biden October 14, 2021
- Justice Breyer Calls SCOTUS ‘Fallible’ as Leftists Seek to Pack the Court October 14, 2021
- Putin: $100 Oil Is “Quite Possible” October 14, 2021
- The Great New Normal Purge October 13, 2021
- Trump: ‘Republicans Will Not Be Voting’ in Future Elections Unless 2020 Fraud Resolved October 13, 2021
- Charles Hurt: Sorry Republican Swamp Creatures, the Trump Train Rolls On October 13, 2021
- Joe Biden Blames Private Companies for Port Delays October 13, 2021
- Stellar Demand For 30Y Auction As Curve Comes Crashing Down October 13, 2021
- FDA Says No Need For Boosters As Moderna, J&J Plead Case October 13, 2021
- Which War Is Beijing Preparing For? October 12, 2021
- Nancy Pelosi to Reporters: You ‘Could Do a Better Job Selling’ Biden’s Radical Agenda October 12, 2021
- Two Illegal Aliens Accused of Beating 28-Year-Old to Death at Restaurant October 12, 2021
- 1,662,623 hits