Fearless Grandma Holds Robber At Gunpoint Until Cops Arrived
September 25, 2020 5:07 pm
Tags: Crime, Dog, Grandma, Grandmother, Gunman, HOME, intruder, Op Ed, Partner Content, Shotgun, Uplifting Today, Washington
Categories: Crime Dog Grandma Grandmother Gunman HOME intruder JoshWho News Op Ed Partner Content Shotgun Uplifting Today US US News Washington Wayne Dupree
A grandmother from Washington state just showed a wannabe home intruder that he had picked the wrong house to break into when she held him at gunpoint until police arrived.
The grandmother, who only identified herself as Sandy, told KIRO that the man tried to break into her home last Sunday night. She immediately realized that something was wrong when her dog started barking, and when she went to see what was happening, she came face to face with the intruder.
The man tried to get away, but the grandmother was not about to let that happen.
“And I said, ‘Oh, no you don’t. You stay right there,’” Sandy said. “And I reached over and got my shotgun and I cocked it and I told him to stay right there because he was going to turn and walk away.”
“Told him to go out, sit on the steps,” she added. “I followed him out. And when he got to the bottom of the steps I told him to sit down and I just stood here with the shotgun waiting for the police to come.”
Sandy said she was “totally calm” throughout the whole ordeal, even telling the captured intruder, “You know, I’ve got grandchildren your age.”
When the grandma asked him why he broke into her house, his response was disturbing.
“He said, ‘Well, you know, I was really hoping to get laid,’” she recalled.
In end, Sandy decided not to press charges against the man.
“After he was so meek and mild and sat down like I told him to, [it was] empowering!” she explained. “I felt like at least I was in charge, I wasn’t afraid.”
Social media users have been praising the woman for her quick thinking in defending her home.
“Love it. Locked and loaded,” one social media user commented, with another adding, “Good job Grandma!”
“After that perverted answer I would have pulled the trigger,” a third person wrote, referring to the getting laid statement.
Good for Sandy for showing this intruder that just because she’s an older grandmother, it doesn’t mean she’s an easy target!
This piece originally appeared in UpliftingToday.com and is used by permission.
The opinions expressed by contributors and/or content partners are their own and do not necessarily reflect the views of Wayne Dupree. Contact us for guidelines on submitting your own commentary.
Attn: Wayne Dupree is a free speech champion who works tirelessly to bring you news that the mainstream media ignores. But he needs your support in order to keep delivering quality, independent journalism. You can make a huge impact in the war against fake news by pledging as little as $5 per month. Please click here Patreon.com/WDShow to help Wayne battle the fake news media.
- Markets Are “Sea Of Red” Amid “Total Meltdown In Anything Tech And Pandemic Winners” January 21, 2022
- US Special Forces Continue Mission Training Troops In Ukraine January 21, 2022
- Exclusive — Rep. Michael Waltz: ‘Swamp Is Lighting up’ to Protect Defense Department Contracts that ‘Pour Billions’ into China’s ‘Military Buildup’ January 20, 2022
- Dem Sen. Murphy Bashes Ukraine’s Zelensky over Biden Pushback: He ‘Seems More Interested in Twitter Fights’ Than Protecting His Country January 20, 2022
- EXCLUSIVE — Rep. Reschenthaler: Biden’s ‘Continued Weakness’ Destabilizes National Security January 20, 2022
- Texas Joins West Virginia In Boycotting BlackRock Over ‘Decarbonization’ Push January 20, 2022
- The Federal Reserve Is A Money-Making Enterprise January 20, 2022
- Futures Recover From Wednesday Rout As Yields, VIX Stabilize January 20, 2022
- Germany’s New Green Stimulus Plan Won’t Fix The Economy January 20, 2022
- Senate Blocks Chuck Schumer’s Gambit to Break Filibuster January 19, 2022
- Senate Republicans Block Democrat ‘Voting Rights’ Bills, Setting Up Filibuster Showdown January 19, 2022
- Trump Backs Banning Nancy Pelosi from Stock Trades: ‘It’s Not Fair to the Rest of the Country’ January 19, 2022
- Jordan Peterson: Why I Am No Longer A Tenured Professor At The University Of Toronto January 19, 2022
- Larry McDonald: We Are In The Early Innings Of A Colossal “Growth To Value” Rotation January 19, 2022
- Futures Rebound Strongly From Overnight Rout As Yields Stabilize January 19, 2022
- Manchin: We Already Have Laws to Ensure People Have Voting Rights, Voter Obstruction Is ‘Not Going to Happen’ January 19, 2022
- Suspect Identified in the Stabbing of Brianna Kupfer, Out on $1k Bail January 18, 2022
- Conspiracies As Realities, Realities As Conspiracies January 18, 2022
- Pollak: Democrats Are Abusing January 6 Committee to Create Their Own Wikileaks January 18, 2022
- Oil Spikes To Fresh 7-Year High After Key Iraq-Turkey Pipeline Explosion January 18, 2022
- 1,673,744 hits