Gretchen Whitmer Echoes Joe Biden, Says Trump ‘Complicit’ in Kidnap Plot, Without Evidence
October 9, 2020 1:09 am
Tags: 2020 Election, Crime, Donald Trump, Gretchen Whitmer, Joe Biden, kidnap, kidnapping, Michigan, Politics
Categories: 2020 Election Breitbart News Crime Donald Trump Gretchen Whitmer Joe Biden JoshWho News kidnap kidnapping Michigan Politics
Michigan Gov. Gretchen Whitmer (D) claimed Thursday that President Donald Trump is “complicit” in stoking extremists like the ones who had planned an alleged plot to kidnap her and overthrow the state’s government.
Whitmer’s remarks came in a livestreamed address in which she noted President Trump’s remarks on white supremacy during the first presidential debate. When asked to denounce the group Proud Boys, President Trump said, “Stand back and stand by.” Whitmer believes that was a “rallying cry” for those who allegedly sought to abduct her.
“Just last week, the president of the United States stood before the American people and refused to condemn white supremacist and hate groups like these two Michigan militia groups,” Whitmer said. “Hate groups heard the president’s words not as a rebuke, but as a rallying cry, as a call to action.
“When our leaders speak, their words matter,” Whitmer continued. “They carry weight. When our leaders meet with, encourage, or fraternize with domestic terrorists, they legitimize their actions and they are complicit.”
#BREAKING: Gov. Gretchen Whitmer slams Trump in response to kidnapping plot: “‘Stand back and stand by.’ Hate groups heard the President’s words not as a rebuke, but as a rallying cry. As a call to action.” pic.twitter.com/c0U5HdAh1T
— The Hill (@thehill) October 8, 2020
Whitmer took jabs at Trump repeatedly, claiming that he is “stoking distrust” and “fomenting anger.”
“Our head of state has spent the past seven months denying science, ignoring his own health experts, stoking distrust, fomenting anger, and giving comfort to those who spread fear and hatred and division,” Whitmer stated.
While it is reported that twelve individuals have been charged in regards to the alleged kidnap plot, the United States attorneys in Michigan announced charges against Adam Fox, Barry Croft, Ty Garbin, Kaleb Franks, Daniel Harris, and Brandon Caserta.
“When I put my hand on the Bible and took the oath of office 22 months ago, I knew this job would be hard. But I’ll be honest, I never could’ve imagined anything like this,” Whitmer said.
- Q&A On The Infrastructure Bill And Biden Fiscal Package August 3, 2021
- Right Hand Man of George Soros Accused of Running Human Trafficking Ring, Raping Children & Women August 3, 2021
- Beijing Denounces Video Games As “Spiritual Opium”, Tencent Tumbles After Imposing Limits August 3, 2021
- 3rd DC Police Officer Who Saw What Really Happened on Jan. 6 Found Dead August 3, 2021
- Escobar: The Taliban Go To Tianjin August 2, 2021
- Ed Markey and Squad Sing ‘Communist’ Song ‘This Land Is Your Land’ August 2, 2021
- Pandemic Performance: AOC Masks up for Photo with Supporters August 2, 2021
- The Internet Celebrates the Collapse of the Left’s Woke Olympic Icons August 2, 2021
- Evictions Start With Nancy Pelosi & The House On A 7-Week Break August 2, 2021
- A Grossly Defective Product. How Strong Is The Economy Really? August 2, 2021
- Millions Locked Down As China Battles Worst COVID Outbreak Since Wuhan August 2, 2021
- The Road To Totalitarianism August 1, 2021
- Bipartisan ‘Infrastructure’ Bill Allows Feds to Bypass ‘Buy American’ Rules, Outsource U.S. Manufacturing August 1, 2021
- Senators Finally Introduce ‘Infrastructure’ Bill After Unauthorized Leak to Breitbart News August 1, 2021
- Exclusive: Bipartisan So-Called ‘Infrastructure’ Bill 2,700 Pages Long August 1, 2021
- Key Cryptocurrency Developments And Updates From JPMorgan August 1, 2021
- Bill Maher Rips Woke Mentality Now Driving Olympic Games: “Belongs In Stalin’s Russia” August 1, 2021
- Brandon Smith: Why Are Globalists And Governments So Desperate For 100% Vaccination Rates? July 31, 2021
- Gavin Newsom: Democrats will face ‘Profound Consequences Nationwide’ in 2022 if Recall Successful July 31, 2021
- Larry Elder Rallies Beach Crowd in L.A. to Recall Gov. Gavin Newsom July 31, 2021
- 1,653,541 hits