ICE almost released child sex offenders after Biden immigration policy change
February 15, 2021 9:09 am
Tags: child abuse, Featured, ICE, Illegal Immigrants, immigration, Immigration Customs Enforcement, immigration reform, Joe Biden, Mexico, Nation, National Security, Politics, Remain in Mexico" policy, sex offender, Texas
Categories: child abuse Featured ICE Illegal Immigrants immigration Immigration Customs Enforcement immigration reform Joe Biden JoshWho News Mexico Nation National Security Politics Remain in Mexico" policy Saraa Carter sex offender Texas
Immigration officials were prepared to release three Texas men convicted of sex crimes against children after the Biden administration issued new guidelines to curb deportations.
Once President Joe Biden took office, he announced that he would be reversing former President Donald Trump’s asylum policies.
Under Biden’s new immigration laws, asylum-seekers would no longer be subject to the “Remain in Mexico” policy, which allowed U.S. border officers to return non-Mexican asylum seekers to Mexico as their claims were tried in U.S. immigration courts.
On Friday, Homeland Security officials announced that they will begin allowing roughly 25,000 migrants with active Remain in Mexico immigration cases to enter the U.S. starting Feb. 19.
As a result of the change in policy, Immigration and Customs Enforcement Agency (ICE) dropped “detainer” requests – which require state and local law enforcement to hold a person who potentially entered the U.S. illegally – against 26 people.
According to The Associated Press, the majority of the 26 people were convicted of drug charges or drunk-driving offenses, but two men were convicted of sexually assaulting a teenager and a third was convicted of indecency with a child.
The three were not released after discussions between the state prison system and immigration authorities, but the process of keeping them in custody raised alarms that ICE was declining to detain convicts contrary to immigration law, officials said.
A Homeland Security official, who spoke to Sara Carter recently, said ICE officers are being kept from deporting many of these “illegal alien criminals, including those with far worse criminal records because of these new policies under Biden, which put everyone at risk.”
“Biden lauds that his executive orders on family separation, border security and legal immigration,” Carter wrote in a recent FoxNews.com op-ed. “His administration has said reversing the strict policies established under President Trump are more humane and productive for U.S. national security. However, the swiftness with which Biden signed these nine executive actions on immigration left little time for an assessment of what has or hasn’t been working.”
“It is presenting a very real risk to U.S. citizens, as criminal illegal aliens are not facing deportation after serving their sentences in U.S. prisons but being released to the public,” Carter said.
She continued, “Moreover, this progressive agenda will only perpetuate the crimes against humanity and the suffering faced by illegal immigrants when they arrive in a nation where promises made are met with a very different reality.”
Follow Annaliese Levy on Twitter @AnnalieseLevy
- Dr. Peter McCullough: Official COVID “Narrative Has Crumbled” January 17, 2022
- Luke Philip Robinson Removed from FBI Most Wanted #343 Jan 6th Fed January 17, 2022
- Civil Rights Icon Barbara Jordan’s Legacy, 26 Years Later: Protecting Americans from Mass Immigration January 17, 2022
- NBA Owner Who Said ‘Nobody Cares’ About Uyghurs Is Democrat Mega-donor January 17, 2022
- Report: Black Americans Fleeing Democrat-Controlled New York, California January 17, 2022
- WEF’s Schwab Gives China’s Xi Propaganda Platform Against “Hegemonic Bullying… Cold War Mentality” January 17, 2022
- Peloton Will Hit New Customers With Hundreds Of Dollars In Fees For Bikes, Citing Inflation Woes January 17, 2022
- What Drives The Price Of Gold? Part 2 January 17, 2022
- Report: Ted Lieu Vacationed in Bermuda During ‘Build Back Better’ Vote January 16, 2022
- State-Backed Doping Strategy Imposed On Chinese Athletes, Former Doctor’s New Book To Release Before Beijing Olympics January 16, 2022
- U.K. Police Arrest Two Teens in Connection to Texas Synagogue Hostage-Taking January 16, 2022
- Texas Synagogue Terrorist’s Brother Says He ‘Was Suffering from Mental Health Issues’ January 16, 2022
- American Students Organize Classroom “Walk Outs” To Demand Return To Remote Learning January 16, 2022
- Utah’s Largest Newspaper Calls For Unvaxxed To Endure Draconian Lockdowns Enforced By National Guard January 16, 2022
- Europe’s Spendthrifts Are Stuck In Irreversible Debt-Traps January 16, 2022
- For Leftists, Your Freedom Is Their Misery – Your Slavery Is Their Joy January 15, 2022
- Huge Crowd Attends Trump Rally in Arizona: ‘Nobody’s Ever Had a Movement Like This’ January 15, 2022
- EXCLUSIVE — Trump Will Call on Republicans to Increase ICE Officers to ‘Find, Detain, and Deport’ Every Illegal Alien Biden Let into USA January 15, 2022
- Save America Trump Rally Florence AZ Live Stream January 15, 2022
- How Goldman Is Convincing Its Clients Not To Freak Out About Fed Rate Hikes January 15, 2022
- 1,673,365 hits