Joe Biden Claims He Rebuilt Alliances in Europe Despite Infuriating France
September 21, 2021 3:38 pm
Tags: Afghanistan, France, Germany, Joe Biden, London / Europe, National Security, Politics, United Nations
Categories: Afghanistan Breitbart News France Germany Joe Biden JoshWho News London / Europe National Security Politics United Nations
President Joe Biden boasted to the United Nations on Tuesday that thanks to his leadership, the United States had restored its relationships with European countries — even while infuriating France just a week ago.
“Over the last eight months, I have prioritized rebuilding our alliances, revitalizing our partnerships, and recognizing they are essential and central to America’s enduring security and prosperity,” Biden said during his speech to the General Assembly, signaling the end of former President Donald Trump’s “America first” approach to global diplomacy.
But Biden has already baffled European leaders for diplomatic failures during the beginning of his presidency.
Biden angered the French for failing to include them in discussions of a deal to provide nuclear submarines to Australia, which effectively scrapped France’s existing $90 billion submarine agreement.
French Foreign Minister Jean-Yves Le Drian criticized Biden’s actions as “brutal, unilateral, and unpredictable” and said he was “angry and bitter” about how it took place.
France also recalled their ambassador to the United States in protest of his administration’s botched diplomacy.
Biden was also criticized for his failure to communicate with European allies during the disastrous exit from Afghanistan.
The BBC reported “in capitals across Europe, from London to Berlin, Afghanistan has soured the sweetness of Joe Biden’s honeymoon” for his administration’s failure to coordinate the withdrawal from Afghanistan with European allies.
The president also reportedly ignored calls from the United Kingdom Prime Minister Boris Johnson for a day and a half during the peak of the crisis.
- David Hogg Rebuked Again, Youth Gun Sports Leagues See “Record-Setting” Participation October 16, 2021
- Report: Cori Bush Defends Defund Police Push While Spending $130,000 on Personal Security, Including Cops October 16, 2021
- Marlow: ‘A Semi-Responsible Media’ Would Constantly Press Buttigieg for any ‘Reasonable Explanation’ for Economic Problems October 16, 2021
- Poll: Joe Biden’s Job Approval Hits New Low at 36 Percent October 16, 2021
- International Space Station Briefly Destabilized After Accidental Russian Rocket Firing October 16, 2021
- Huge Dock Worker Protests In Italy, Fears Of Disruption, As Covid ‘Green Pass’ Takes Effect October 16, 2021
- Bovard: When Barack Obama Got Away With Murder October 15, 2021
- Rivera on Unvaccinated Kyrie Irving: ‘I Am Mad’ — ‘He’s Hurting Everybody’ October 15, 2021
- Joe Biden Wants Justice Department to Prosecute Trump Loyalists Defying Congressional Subpoenas October 15, 2021
- Flooding In West China Destroys Agricultural Production October 15, 2021
- Report: Hunter Biden Said Offer from Powerful Chinese Investor Had ‘Everything to Do with My Last Name’ October 15, 2021
- Bill Clinton Hospitalized For Infection That Spread To Bloodstream October 15, 2021
- Cryptos Surge On News SEC “Set To Allow” Bitcoin Futures ETF October 15, 2021
- Treasury Official Warns Using Stablecoins For Payments “Raises A Whole Set Of Issues” October 14, 2021
- Biden’s Court-packing Commission Blames Republicans for Polarization over Judiciary October 14, 2021
- Poll: Americans Are Increasingly Wary of Government Overreach Under Biden October 14, 2021
- Justice Breyer Calls SCOTUS ‘Fallible’ as Leftists Seek to Pack the Court October 14, 2021
- Putin: $100 Oil Is “Quite Possible” October 14, 2021
- The Great New Normal Purge October 13, 2021
- Trump: ‘Republicans Will Not Be Voting’ in Future Elections Unless 2020 Fraud Resolved October 13, 2021
- 1,662,708 hits