Joe Biden Demands Trump End Supporters’ ‘God Awful Display’ on Capitol Hill
January 6, 2021 3:46 pm
Tags: 2020 Election, Capitol, Donald Trump, Electoral College, Joe Biden, Politics, Sedition
Categories: 2020 Election Breitbart News Capitol Donald Trump Electoral College Joe Biden JoshWho News Politics Sedition
President-elect Joe Biden addressed the country after supporters of President Donald Trump swarmed Capitol Hill on Wednesday to protest the results of the presidential election.
“At this hour, our democracy is under unprecedented assault, unlike anything we’ve seen in modern times. An assault on the citadel of liberty, the Capitol itself,” Biden said.
Biden stressed during his speech that the “words of a president matter,” and called President Donald Trump to go on national television to condemn the violence.
“I call on President Trump to go on national television now to fulfill his oath and defend the Constitution and demand an end to this siege,” Biden said during a speech in Wilmington, Deleware.
Biden repeatedly stressed the historical nature of the images coming from Capitol Hill as Trump’s supporters swarmed into the House and Senate chambers, disrupting the proceedings to certify the electoral college vote.
“This is not dissent, it’s disorder. It’s chaos. It borders on sedition and it must end now,” he said. “I call on this mob to pull back and allow the work of democracy to go forward.”
He urged all American leaders to stand up and condemn the violence that threatened elected officials.
“This god-awful display today is bringing home to every Republican, Democrat, and Independent in the nation that we must step up,” he said. “This is the United States of America.”
Biden blamed a “small group of extremists” for the violence and called for it to end.
“Let me be very clear. The scenes of chaos at the capitol do not reflect a true America. Do not represent who we are,” he said.
Biden said he was “genuinely shocked and saddened” that the country had come to a “dark moment” in its history.
He said he remained optimistic about the future of the country and would work to heal the country.
“The work of the moment and the work of the next four years must be the restoration of democracy, of decency, honor, respect, the rule of law,” he said.
- Peter Schiff: Stock Up Now! Inflation Could Get Very Ugly October 18, 2021
- Investors Starting To Realize “Stagflation” Is A Problem October 18, 2021
- Beijing, Moscow, Ankara Push US Out Of Red Sea Dominance October 18, 2021
- WATCH– President Biden Violates Mask Mandate in D.C. October 17, 2021
- 40% Of California State Workers Are Unvaccinated Despite Newsom’s Order October 17, 2021
- Donald Trump Mocks Biden Corruption: ‘Hunter Has Inspired Me to Begin Painting’ October 17, 2021
- China Stuns U.S. Intelligence with Hypersonic Missile Test October 17, 2021
- Taibbi: Yes, Virginia, There Is A Deep State October 17, 2021
- Coal Generation In UK Jumps As Wind Speed Drops October 17, 2021
- David Hogg Rebuked Again, Youth Gun Sports Leagues See “Record-Setting” Participation October 16, 2021
- Report: Cori Bush Defends Defund Police Push While Spending $130,000 on Personal Security, Including Cops October 16, 2021
- Marlow: ‘A Semi-Responsible Media’ Would Constantly Press Buttigieg for any ‘Reasonable Explanation’ for Economic Problems October 16, 2021
- Poll: Joe Biden’s Job Approval Hits New Low at 36 Percent October 16, 2021
- International Space Station Briefly Destabilized After Accidental Russian Rocket Firing October 16, 2021
- Huge Dock Worker Protests In Italy, Fears Of Disruption, As Covid ‘Green Pass’ Takes Effect October 16, 2021
- Bovard: When Barack Obama Got Away With Murder October 15, 2021
- Rivera on Unvaccinated Kyrie Irving: ‘I Am Mad’ — ‘He’s Hurting Everybody’ October 15, 2021
- Joe Biden Wants Justice Department to Prosecute Trump Loyalists Defying Congressional Subpoenas October 15, 2021
- Flooding In West China Destroys Agricultural Production October 15, 2021
- Report: Hunter Biden Said Offer from Powerful Chinese Investor Had ‘Everything to Do with My Last Name’ October 15, 2021
- 1,662,827 hits