Joe Biden: Young Black Entrepreneurs ‘Don’t Have Lawyers or Accountants’ to Succeed
June 1, 2021 6:40 pm
Tags: Economy, Historically Black Colleges and Universities, infrastructure, Joe Biden, Politics, Tulsa
Categories: Breitbart News Economy Historically Black Colleges and Universities infrastructure Joe Biden Politics Tulsa
President Joe Biden argued that black entrepreneurs needed more assistance from the federal government because many did not have accountants or lawyers.
“The data shows young black entrepreneurs are just as capable of succeeding, given the chance, as white entrepreneurs are, but they don’t have lawyers, they don’t have accountants, but they have great ideas,” Biden said.
The president spoke about black business owners during a speech recognizing the 100th anniversary of the Greenwood Race Massacre in Tulsa.
Biden said he would focus more on small business loans to help black-owned businesses grow.
He also announced that the federal government would use more of its purchasing power to support “disadvantaged businesses” including those owned by “black and brown” Americans.
“I have the authority to do that,” Biden said.
Biden also said he wanted to invest more federal research money into Historically Black Colleges and Universities.
“The reason why they don’t … their students are equally able to learn as well, and get the good-paying jobs that start at 90 to 100 thousand bucks,” he said. “But they don’t have the money to provide and build those laboratories.”
He also promised to spend more on infrastructure in minority communities.
“Let’s ensure access to health care, clean water, clean air, nearby grocery stores that are stocked with fresh vegetables and food,” he said. “I mean, these are all things we can do.”
The White House did not respond to a request from Breitbart News to provide the data that Biden cited during his speech.
- Cascade Of Consequences July 26, 2021
- Tesla Q2 Earnings: China Remains Key, Questions Loom About Bitcoin, Batteries, Bailouts And The FSD Bait And Switch July 26, 2021
- World’s Food Supplies In Jeopardy Amid Climate Disasters July 26, 2021
- Gov. Abbott: Biden Admin’s Plan Is Catch and Release — Texas Plan Is Catch and Jail July 25, 2021
- Rubio Rips Biden Hypocrisy on Border, Cuba; Asks Where Forceful Don’t Come Message Was in Early Days of Presidency July 25, 2021
- Typhoon In-Fa Hits China’s East Coast, Forcing Container Ports To Close July 25, 2021
- Ninth Circuit: Gavin Newsom’s California Violated Private School Parents’ Rights with Shutdown July 25, 2021
- Previewing The Next Crisis: Spending Tumbles Among Households Cut Off From Unemployment Benefits July 25, 2021
- Maine Becomes First State To Charge Firms That Don’t Use Eco-Friendly Packaging Materials July 25, 2021
- Little Girl Seen in viral Video Getting Nipple Pinched by Joe Biden CONFIRMS Joe Did Pinch her nipple in front of the whole world July 25, 2021
- America Is Only One Step Away From A South African-Style Social Implosion July 24, 2021
- China Unveils World’s Fastest Maglev Bullet Train July 24, 2021
- Pinkerton: NYT Compares Biden’s Promised ‘Green Jobs’ to ‘Grueling’ Low-Wage Amazon and Uber Gigs July 24, 2021
- NFL to Fine Unvaccinated Players for Covid Protocol Violations July 24, 2021
- Colorado Monitoring Literal Plague Activity In At Least 6 Counties After Child Dies July 24, 2021
- Poll: Majority of Unvaccinated Indicate They Will Not Get the Jab July 24, 2021
- Live Trump Rally Today! Phoenix Arizona Watch Here July 24, 2021
- JPM Top Exec Mary Erdoes: “There’s A Reason” Junior Bankers Must Work 72 Hour Weeks July 24, 2021
- New Evidence shows COVID-19 was Deliberately Released by the Chinese Military July 24, 2021
- Bovard: The Coming “January 6” Train Wreck July 23, 2021
- 1,652,682 hits