Joni Ernst Proposes to Restrict Taxpayer Funding to ‘Anarchist’ Autonomous Zones
June 25, 2020 7:28 pm
Tags: Capitol Hill Autonomous Zone (CHAZ), CHAZ, Confederate statues, Joni Ernst, Politics, statues
Categories: Breitbart News Capitol Hill Autonomous Zone (CHAZ) CHAZ Confederate statues Joni Ernst JoshWho News Politics statues
Sen. Joni Ernst (R-IA) proposed legislation on Thursday that restricts federal funding for leftist autonomous zones.
Ernst, a member of the Senate Judiciary Committee, proposed the Ending Taxpayer Funding of Anarchy Act on Thursday that would restrict federal funding for “anarchist jurisdictions.” This would include the Seattle, Washington, Capitol Hill Autonomous Zones (CHAZ).
The Iowa conservative’s legislation would restore federal funding once local officials can ensure the peace.
Ernst said in a statement on Thursday the American taxpayer should not pay for local government official’s inability to protect the peace.
Anarchy cannot continue on our streets. If city officials or state leaders fail to do their job and protect their citizens, the federal government – American taxpayers – aren’t going to pay for it. Local officials are letting chaos continue in their streets, and in some cases, preventing law enforcement from protecting the public. That’s not the America I know or fought for. This bill is straight forward and holds local leaders accountable to the people.
Ernst’s comments follow as she slammed the left’s move to vandalize and tear down statues, including some Confederate statues.
I think this has gone far enough. We need to restore law and order here in the United States, and of course, we support protests. There are still some folks that are out there protesting police brutality and racial injustice, but peaceful protest is what we are looking for — dialogue. And what we are seeing is plain old vandalism. That is not protest, that is vandalism.
“So again, we need to restore law and order and have healthy dialogue, not what we are seeing on the streets today,” she added.
Read Ernst’s Ending Taxpayer Funding of Anarchy Act here.
Sean Moran is a congressional reporter for Breitbart News. Follow him on Twitter @SeanMoran3.
- Striking Workers Decry “Suicide Shifts” As Pandemic Burnout Takes Toll October 25, 2021
- Bidenflation Stole Christmas: Consumer Prices Up, Retail Spending Plans Not October 25, 2021
- EXCLUSIVE-Kevin McCarthy: Facebook Employees’ Leftist Narratives ‘Threatened’ by Breitbart Reporting October 25, 2021
- Thousands of NYC Workers March Across Brooklyn Bridge Protesting Vaccine Mandates: ‘F*ck Joe Biden!’ October 25, 2021
- Musk Tweets “Wild $T1mes!” After TSLA Joins ‘Four Commas’ Club October 25, 2021
- Musk Tops $250 Billion Net Worth After TSLA Rockets Past FB As 5th Biggest US Stock October 25, 2021
- Goldman Cut’s China’s 2022 GDP To Just 5.2% October 24, 2021
- ADL Warns: Avoid Culturally Insensitive, Gender-conforming Halloween Costumes October 24, 2021
- New Zealand Prime Minister Admits She Wants to Create Two Classes of Citizens Based on Vaccination Status October 24, 2021
- ‘The Richest He’s Ever Been’: Trump Set To Gain Billions In Net Worth On Moonshot SPAC October 24, 2021
- Washington Post ‘Forced to Admit They Lied’ After Pretending ‘F*ck Joe Biden’ Chant Was ‘Let’s Go, Brandon’ October 24, 2021
- Citigroup Becomes First Wall Street Megabank To Commit To “Racial Audit” October 24, 2021
- Gordon Chang: Joe Biden’s Taiwan Policy Is Now A Total Disaster October 23, 2021
- Pinkerton: Bidenflation Meets Bidenunemployment October 23, 2021
- President Biden Delays Release of JFK Assassination Records, Blaming Pandemic October 23, 2021
- CDC Director Admits “We May Need To Update Our Definition Of ‘Fully Vaccinated'” October 23, 2021
- Poland Will Not Be “Blackmailed” Into Accepting European Union Laws, PM Morawiecki Says October 23, 2021
- Why Should American Soldiers Die For Taiwan? October 22, 2021
- Mutated Strain Of Delta Variant Causing Panic In UK Has Been Found In US October 22, 2021
- Rep. Tiffany Grills AG Merrick Garland on Race-Based Loan Relief for Black Farmers October 22, 2021
- 1,663,615 hits