Jordan: Obama Biden Admin Had No Proper Predicate For FBI Trump Probe. There Must Be Indictments.
July 22, 2020 10:57 am
Tags: Carter Page, Donald Trump, FBI, Featured, Jim Jordan, Nation, Politics, Rick Grenell, russia
Categories: Carter Page Donald Trump FBI Featured Jim Jordan JoshWho News Nation Politics Rick Grenell russia Saraa Carter
Rep. Jim Jordan told Fox News Wednesday that former FBI and Obama officials must be held accountable for dragging the nation through four years of turmoil in an investigation against President Donald Trump and his campaign that in “their own words” was not predicated on any real evidence.
Jordan, the ranking member of the House Judiciary Committee, said the “Obama- Biden intelligence community told us” they didn’t have any evidence showing the Trump campaign was conspiring with Russia. The investigation into Trump was purely political and based on lies, he added.
Senior Obama officials worked against congressional investigations to hide the truth from the American people, Jordan said. He added “they didn’t want to tell us – but thanks to Rick Grenell who released their sworn testimony we have all what they said.”
Grenell, who recently served as the acting Director of National Intelligence, declassified and released a mountain of congressional testimony from former Obama officials that revealed they had no predicate to believe Trump, nor anyone in his campaign, was conspiring with Russia in the 2016 election.
Jordan pointed to testimony from former national security advisor Susan Rice, who was intimately involved in the FBI’s probe into Trump, stating that there was never any evidence of a conspiracy. Moreover, he noted that former Obama DNI James Clapper also admitted there was no evidence of a conspiracy. Still, both Rice and Clapper, along with Obama’s other top officials, continued to investigate Trump and propagate lies in the media that the campaign had somehow colluded with Russian intelligence officials.
“Let’s hope John Durham has some indictments coming real soon,” said Jordan, noting that Durham’s investigation has criminal prosecution power. Jordan said there should absolutely be indictments against FBI officials, like former FBI agent Peter Strzok and others, who falsified information to the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Court to spy on Trump campaign advisor Carter Page.
He noted that Attorney General William Barr, among others, believe that there were members of the FBI, and possibly senior officials within the Obama administration, that were aware illegal spying was taking place on a political opponent.
Jordan also stressed that DOJ Inspector General Michael Horowitz’s investigation uncovered that the FBI agents involved in obtaining Page’s FISA warrant, lied to the FISA court 17 times.
Watch the interview with Jordan below:
- International Space Station Briefly Destabilized After Accidental Russian Rocket Firing October 16, 2021
- Huge Dock Worker Protests In Italy, Fears Of Disruption, As Covid ‘Green Pass’ Takes Effect October 16, 2021
- Bovard: When Barack Obama Got Away With Murder October 15, 2021
- Rivera on Unvaccinated Kyrie Irving: ‘I Am Mad’ — ‘He’s Hurting Everybody’ October 15, 2021
- Joe Biden Wants Justice Department to Prosecute Trump Loyalists Defying Congressional Subpoenas October 15, 2021
- Flooding In West China Destroys Agricultural Production October 15, 2021
- Report: Hunter Biden Said Offer from Powerful Chinese Investor Had ‘Everything to Do with My Last Name’ October 15, 2021
- Bill Clinton Hospitalized For Infection That Spread To Bloodstream October 15, 2021
- Cryptos Surge On News SEC “Set To Allow” Bitcoin Futures ETF October 15, 2021
- Treasury Official Warns Using Stablecoins For Payments “Raises A Whole Set Of Issues” October 14, 2021
- Biden’s Court-packing Commission Blames Republicans for Polarization over Judiciary October 14, 2021
- Poll: Americans Are Increasingly Wary of Government Overreach Under Biden October 14, 2021
- Justice Breyer Calls SCOTUS ‘Fallible’ as Leftists Seek to Pack the Court October 14, 2021
- Putin: $100 Oil Is “Quite Possible” October 14, 2021
- The Great New Normal Purge October 13, 2021
- Trump: ‘Republicans Will Not Be Voting’ in Future Elections Unless 2020 Fraud Resolved October 13, 2021
- Charles Hurt: Sorry Republican Swamp Creatures, the Trump Train Rolls On October 13, 2021
- Joe Biden Blames Private Companies for Port Delays October 13, 2021
- Stellar Demand For 30Y Auction As Curve Comes Crashing Down October 13, 2021
- FDA Says No Need For Boosters As Moderna, J&J Plead Case October 13, 2021
- 1,662,660 hits