Lincoln Project donors include Romney’s Bain Capital and China-linked companies
February 13, 2021 7:47 pm
Tags: anti-Trump, China, Elections, Featured, John Weaver, Lincoln Project, Mitt Romney, Politics, romney
Categories: anti-Trump China Elections Featured John Weaver JoshWho News Lincoln Project Mitt Romney Politics romney Saraa Carter
In the wake of several scandals rocking the infamous, and now failing, Lincoln Project, reports are surfacing of the organizations that contributed major donations to the group. And those that donated are facing backlash.
The National Pulse reports that the major donors show a list of left-leaning groups, despite the group’s claims that it represents a disenfranchised Republican base.
Hollywood figures, hedge fund managers, Mitt Romney’s firm Bain Capital, and other questionable sources make up the group’s largest donors.
“The list also includes Michael Moritz, a partner at the venture capital firm Sequoia, who donated a sizable sum in three donations in May, June, and July of 2020: one worth $50,000 and two worth $25,000,” the Pulse reports.
See the full list of donors and reporting on the China connections here.
The news comes after reports broke that the FBI is investigating allegations against Lincoln Project co-founder John Weaver.
Meghan McCain, the co-host of the The View and daughter of former U.S. Senator John McCain, said in a Tweet that “John Weaver and Steve Schmidt were so despised by my Dad he made it a point to ban them from his funeral.”
“Since 2008, no McCain would have spit on them if they were on fire,” she added.
Weaver was accused by at least 21 men last week for sending inappropriate messages and in some instances offering political and employment opportunities for sexual favors.
“John Weaver led a secret life that was built on a foundation of deception at every level,” the prominent never-Trump organization said in a statement last week. “He is a predator, a liar, and an abuser. We extend our deepest sympathies to those who were targeted by his deplorable and predatory behavior.”
You can follow Ben Wilson on Twitter @BenDavisWilson
- FDA Panel Votes In Favor Of Pfizer Covid-19 Vaccine For Children Aged 5 – 11 October 26, 2021
- Democrats Stalking $5 Trillion In Billionaire Wealth For Tax Extraction October 26, 2021
- The Lost ‘Lockdown’ Months Of The COVID Crisis October 26, 2021
- Striking Workers Decry “Suicide Shifts” As Pandemic Burnout Takes Toll October 25, 2021
- Bidenflation Stole Christmas: Consumer Prices Up, Retail Spending Plans Not October 25, 2021
- EXCLUSIVE-Kevin McCarthy: Facebook Employees’ Leftist Narratives ‘Threatened’ by Breitbart Reporting October 25, 2021
- Thousands of NYC Workers March Across Brooklyn Bridge Protesting Vaccine Mandates: ‘F*ck Joe Biden!’ October 25, 2021
- Musk Tweets “Wild $T1mes!” After TSLA Joins ‘Four Commas’ Club October 25, 2021
- Musk Tops $250 Billion Net Worth After TSLA Rockets Past FB As 5th Biggest US Stock October 25, 2021
- Goldman Cut’s China’s 2022 GDP To Just 5.2% October 24, 2021
- ADL Warns: Avoid Culturally Insensitive, Gender-conforming Halloween Costumes October 24, 2021
- New Zealand Prime Minister Admits She Wants to Create Two Classes of Citizens Based on Vaccination Status October 24, 2021
- ‘The Richest He’s Ever Been’: Trump Set To Gain Billions In Net Worth On Moonshot SPAC October 24, 2021
- Washington Post ‘Forced to Admit They Lied’ After Pretending ‘F*ck Joe Biden’ Chant Was ‘Let’s Go, Brandon’ October 24, 2021
- Citigroup Becomes First Wall Street Megabank To Commit To “Racial Audit” October 24, 2021
- Gordon Chang: Joe Biden’s Taiwan Policy Is Now A Total Disaster October 23, 2021
- Pinkerton: Bidenflation Meets Bidenunemployment October 23, 2021
- President Biden Delays Release of JFK Assassination Records, Blaming Pandemic October 23, 2021
- CDC Director Admits “We May Need To Update Our Definition Of ‘Fully Vaccinated'” October 23, 2021
- Poland Will Not Be “Blackmailed” Into Accepting European Union Laws, PM Morawiecki Says October 23, 2021
- 1,663,682 hits