Loeffler, Perdue call for GA’s head of elections to resign
November 9, 2020 3:58 pm
Tags: 2020, 2020 campaign, 2020 Election, 2020 Elections, Brad Raffensperger, David Perdue, Donald Trump, Election 2020, Election2020, Elections, Featured, Georgia, Kelly Loeffler, Nation, Politics, voter fraud
Categories: 2020 2020 campaign 2020 Election 2020 Elections Brad Raffensperger David Perdue Donald Trump Election 2020 Election2020 Elections Featured Georgia JoshWho News Kelly Loeffler Nation Politics Saraa Carter voter fraud
November 9, 2020
Sens. Kelly Loeffler (R-Ga.) and David Perdue (R-Ga.) on Monday called for the resignation of their home state’s chief elections official, according to a tweet posted by The Daily Caller’s Henry Rodgers.
This comes after Joe Biden was declared the president-elect on Saturday by multiple media outlets, following his leads in multiple states continuing to increase as more ballots were counted and added to the tallies, most importantly in Pennsylvania. Additionally, Biden leads President Donald Trump in Georgia by about 10,000 votes with 99% counted as of 3:38 pm and the Secretary of State Brad Raffensperger on Friday said there will be a recount.
Trump has not conceded the election yet, saying that the election is “far from over” and emphasizing that he will continue his legal challenges against the election results. He has made allegations of voter fraud taking place.
RELATED: 2020 ELECTION: What voters should know about a recount in Georgia
In a joint statement on Monday afternoon, both of Georgia’s U.S. senators, who are set to face runoff elections in their respective re-election fights, called for Raffensperger’s resignation due to allegations of voter fraud and election irregularities.
“The management of Georgia elections has become an embarrassment for our state. Georgians are outraged, and rightly so,” the statement said in its introduction. “We have been clear from the beginning: every legal vote cast should be counted. Any illegal vote must not. And there must be transparency and uniformity in the counting process.”
The statement then turns the attention toward the Secretary of State, saying that “While blame certainly lies elsewhere as well, the buck ultimately stops with the Secretary of State.”
“The mismanagement and lack of transparency from the Secretary of State is unacceptable,” the Senators wrote. “Honest elections are paramount to the foundation of our democracy. The Secretary of State has failed to deliver honest and transparent elections. He failed the people of Georgia, and he should step down immediately.”
Raffensperger has not spoken publicly about this request for him to step down and has not made any indication that he plans to leave his post.
You can follow Douglas Braff on Twitter @Douglas_P_Braff.
- Democrats In Congress Try To Abolish Space Force September 25, 2021
- Watch Live: President Trump Hosts a Political Rally in Georgia September 25, 2021
- Mayorkas Tells Migrants How to Get Through Title 42 Border Barrier September 25, 2021
- A Nationally Televised Example Of The Chaos False Positive COVID Tests Create September 25, 2021
- Arizona Senate Report on the Maricopa County Election Audit Highlights 49,000 Questionable Votes, Asks AG to Investigate September 25, 2021
- “Immunity As A Service” – The Snake-Oil Salesmen & The COVID-Zero Con September 24, 2021
- Los Angeles Homeless Moving Back Onto Street After Cleanups September 24, 2021
- LIVE: Audit Report Released To AZ Senate in Phoenix, AZ 9/24/21 on JoshWho September 24, 2021
- DHS Secretary Alejandros Mayorkas Considers Eliminating Border Horse Patrol Citing ‘Systemic Racism’ September 24, 2021
- DHS Secretary Alejandro Mayorkas: We Did Not Test Haitian Migrants for Coronavirus Before Releasing Them into U.S. September 24, 2021
- Exclusive: Dan Crenshaw Says Some Democrats ‘Quietly’ Interested in Cutting Catch and Release for Illegal Aliens September 24, 2021
- Pentagon Belatedly Releases Name Of Misidentified “ISIS-K Target” Killed In Kabul Drone Strike September 24, 2021
- Chairman, CEO Of China’s HNA Group Arrested For “Suspected Crime” September 24, 2021
- The European Energy Crisis Is About To Go Global September 24, 2021
- Unbiased, Mobility-Enabling, Open, Global Network: How Crypto Enables Economic Freedom September 23, 2021
- Report: California Put Coronavirus-Infected Inmates, Including Illegal Aliens, into Communities September 23, 2021
- Gov. Newsom: Vaccine Mandate for Kids ‘on the Table’ September 23, 2021
- The Latest Coronavirus Death Tolls, According to the CDC September 23, 2021
- Submitting VAERS COVID Vaccine Death Reports became a Full Time Job and is Overwhelmingly Climbing in Deaths. September 23, 2021
- Molecular Biologist Speaks At Dawson Creek City Council Meeting. September 23, 2021
- 1,660,383 hits