Mark Walker After Richard Burr Voted to Convict Trump: ‘Wrong Vote, Sen. Burr’
February 13, 2021 7:35 pm
Tags: 2020 Election, Mark Walker, Mick Mulvaney, Mike Pence, North Carolina, Politics
Categories: 2020 Election Breitbart News JoshWho News Mark Walker Mick Mulvaney Mike Pence North Carolina Politics Rep. Mark Walker Richard Burr
Former Republican Rep. Mark Walker (NC) chastised Sen. Richard Burr (R-NC) after Burr voted to convict former President Donald Trump on Saturday in the Senate impeachment trial.
“Wrong vote, Sen. Burr. I am running to replace Richard Burr because North Carolina needs a true conservative champion as their next senator,” Walker tweeted, along with a campaign ad.
Burr was one of seven Republican senators who voted to impeach Trump.
Burr has previously said he would not run again in 2022, and as Senate Intelligence Committee chairman, he had done little to push back against allegations of Russian collusion against Trump.
Still, his vote to convict Trump was a shock to many.
Burr voted guilty. Wow.
— Jim Acosta (@Acosta) February 13, 2021
Walker’s tweet signals how unpopular Burr’s vote will be in North Carolina, and the ad also signals how popular Trump is with the Republican base.
In the ad, Walker talks about “taking on the swamp” as a conservative warrior in Washington. The ad also features many conservative figures who supported Trump.
Wrong vote, Sen. Burr. I am running to replace Richard Burr because North Carolina needs a true conservative champion as their next senator. Join me → https://t.co/R4vNpN0Njx pic.twitter.com/rw3nMSleIY
— Mark Walker (@RepMarkWalker) February 13, 2021
Walker was a pastor for 16 years before running for Congress in 2014. The Republican primary in 2022 is March 9, 2022.
According to local North Carolina newspaper News & Observer, when Walker announced in 2019 he was not running for re-election to the House, he met with then-President Trump, then-Vice President Mike Pence, and then-White House Chief of Staff Mick Mulvaney.
After the meeting, he told McClatchy: “I got a lot of strong support to start moving toward U.S. Senate in 2022,” and said that Trump backed his bid for the Senate.
“Am I grateful that the president says, ‘You’re our guy in U.S. Senate 2022?’ Of course, I am,” Walker said. He said last December to the News & Observer: “I see no reason why that’s dissipated.”
- Q&A On The Infrastructure Bill And Biden Fiscal Package August 3, 2021
- Right Hand Man of George Soros Accused of Running Human Trafficking Ring, Raping Children & Women August 3, 2021
- Beijing Denounces Video Games As “Spiritual Opium”, Tencent Tumbles After Imposing Limits August 3, 2021
- 3rd DC Police Officer Who Saw What Really Happened on Jan. 6 Found Dead August 3, 2021
- Escobar: The Taliban Go To Tianjin August 2, 2021
- Ed Markey and Squad Sing ‘Communist’ Song ‘This Land Is Your Land’ August 2, 2021
- Pandemic Performance: AOC Masks up for Photo with Supporters August 2, 2021
- The Internet Celebrates the Collapse of the Left’s Woke Olympic Icons August 2, 2021
- Evictions Start With Nancy Pelosi & The House On A 7-Week Break August 2, 2021
- A Grossly Defective Product. How Strong Is The Economy Really? August 2, 2021
- Millions Locked Down As China Battles Worst COVID Outbreak Since Wuhan August 2, 2021
- The Road To Totalitarianism August 1, 2021
- Bipartisan ‘Infrastructure’ Bill Allows Feds to Bypass ‘Buy American’ Rules, Outsource U.S. Manufacturing August 1, 2021
- Senators Finally Introduce ‘Infrastructure’ Bill After Unauthorized Leak to Breitbart News August 1, 2021
- Exclusive: Bipartisan So-Called ‘Infrastructure’ Bill 2,700 Pages Long August 1, 2021
- Key Cryptocurrency Developments And Updates From JPMorgan August 1, 2021
- Bill Maher Rips Woke Mentality Now Driving Olympic Games: “Belongs In Stalin’s Russia” August 1, 2021
- Brandon Smith: Why Are Globalists And Governments So Desperate For 100% Vaccination Rates? July 31, 2021
- Gavin Newsom: Democrats will face ‘Profound Consequences Nationwide’ in 2022 if Recall Successful July 31, 2021
- Larry Elder Rallies Beach Crowd in L.A. to Recall Gov. Gavin Newsom July 31, 2021
- 1,653,541 hits