Mark Walker After Richard Burr Voted to Convict Trump: ‘Wrong Vote, Sen. Burr’
February 13, 2021 7:35 pm
Tags: 2020 Election, Mark Walker, Mick Mulvaney, Mike Pence, North Carolina, Politics
Categories: 2020 Election Breitbart News JoshWho News Mark Walker Mick Mulvaney Mike Pence North Carolina Politics Rep. Mark Walker Richard Burr
Former Republican Rep. Mark Walker (NC) chastised Sen. Richard Burr (R-NC) after Burr voted to convict former President Donald Trump on Saturday in the Senate impeachment trial.
“Wrong vote, Sen. Burr. I am running to replace Richard Burr because North Carolina needs a true conservative champion as their next senator,” Walker tweeted, along with a campaign ad.
Burr was one of seven Republican senators who voted to impeach Trump.
Burr has previously said he would not run again in 2022, and as Senate Intelligence Committee chairman, he had done little to push back against allegations of Russian collusion against Trump.
Still, his vote to convict Trump was a shock to many.
Burr voted guilty. Wow.
— Jim Acosta (@Acosta) February 13, 2021
Walker’s tweet signals how unpopular Burr’s vote will be in North Carolina, and the ad also signals how popular Trump is with the Republican base.
In the ad, Walker talks about “taking on the swamp” as a conservative warrior in Washington. The ad also features many conservative figures who supported Trump.
Wrong vote, Sen. Burr. I am running to replace Richard Burr because North Carolina needs a true conservative champion as their next senator. Join me → https://t.co/R4vNpN0Njx pic.twitter.com/rw3nMSleIY
— Mark Walker (@RepMarkWalker) February 13, 2021
Walker was a pastor for 16 years before running for Congress in 2014. The Republican primary in 2022 is March 9, 2022.
According to local North Carolina newspaper News & Observer, when Walker announced in 2019 he was not running for re-election to the House, he met with then-President Trump, then-Vice President Mike Pence, and then-White House Chief of Staff Mick Mulvaney.
After the meeting, he told McClatchy: “I got a lot of strong support to start moving toward U.S. Senate in 2022,” and said that Trump backed his bid for the Senate.
“Am I grateful that the president says, ‘You’re our guy in U.S. Senate 2022?’ Of course, I am,” Walker said. He said last December to the News & Observer: “I see no reason why that’s dissipated.”
- Peter Schiff: Stock Up Now! Inflation Could Get Very Ugly October 18, 2021
- Investors Starting To Realize “Stagflation” Is A Problem October 18, 2021
- Beijing, Moscow, Ankara Push US Out Of Red Sea Dominance October 18, 2021
- WATCH– President Biden Violates Mask Mandate in D.C. October 17, 2021
- 40% Of California State Workers Are Unvaccinated Despite Newsom’s Order October 17, 2021
- Donald Trump Mocks Biden Corruption: ‘Hunter Has Inspired Me to Begin Painting’ October 17, 2021
- China Stuns U.S. Intelligence with Hypersonic Missile Test October 17, 2021
- Taibbi: Yes, Virginia, There Is A Deep State October 17, 2021
- Coal Generation In UK Jumps As Wind Speed Drops October 17, 2021
- David Hogg Rebuked Again, Youth Gun Sports Leagues See “Record-Setting” Participation October 16, 2021
- Report: Cori Bush Defends Defund Police Push While Spending $130,000 on Personal Security, Including Cops October 16, 2021
- Marlow: ‘A Semi-Responsible Media’ Would Constantly Press Buttigieg for any ‘Reasonable Explanation’ for Economic Problems October 16, 2021
- Poll: Joe Biden’s Job Approval Hits New Low at 36 Percent October 16, 2021
- International Space Station Briefly Destabilized After Accidental Russian Rocket Firing October 16, 2021
- Huge Dock Worker Protests In Italy, Fears Of Disruption, As Covid ‘Green Pass’ Takes Effect October 16, 2021
- Bovard: When Barack Obama Got Away With Murder October 15, 2021
- Rivera on Unvaccinated Kyrie Irving: ‘I Am Mad’ — ‘He’s Hurting Everybody’ October 15, 2021
- Joe Biden Wants Justice Department to Prosecute Trump Loyalists Defying Congressional Subpoenas October 15, 2021
- Flooding In West China Destroys Agricultural Production October 15, 2021
- Report: Hunter Biden Said Offer from Powerful Chinese Investor Had ‘Everything to Do with My Last Name’ October 15, 2021
- 1,662,829 hits