Mike Huckabee: ‘I wish…all the elected officials would demand a full accounting’ of 2020 Election
January 6, 2021 12:02 pm
Tags: audit, Congress, Donald Trump, election fraud, Elections, Electoral College, Featured, Fox & Friends, Joe Biden, Mike Huckabee, Mitch McConnell, Politics, The Washington Post
Categories: audit Congress Donald Trump election fraud Elections Electoral College Featured Fox & Friends Joe Biden JoshWho News Mike Huckabee Mitch McConnell Politics Saraa Carter The Washington Post
Former Arkansas Gov. Mike Huckabee joined “Fox & Friends” Wednesday to express concerns about elected officials taking the “easy way out” in regards to election fraud allegations.
“I wish all the Republicans, in fact, let me say this, I wish all the Democrats – all the elected officials would demand a full accounting for how the ballots were tabulated,” Huckabee said in reference to a tweet made by Donald Trump criticizing lawmakers for not challenging the election results.
“I think too many of our politicians take the easy way out,” Huckabee continued. “They don’t want to rock the boat. They don’t want to be controversial. But they were elected to make tough decisions and a tough decision would be to call for a full accounting and absolute transparency.”
Huckabee noted that the Democrats have the most to gain if they were to demand an audit of the election results.
“If they truly believe that this election was absolutely done with integrity, then they ought to be the ones standing up and insisting for a full audit. That way they can say to the rest of us, ‘you see, we won it fair and square, there was no funny business, now you guys shut up for the next four years.’ And know what, that’s what we would have to do. Instead, we’re going to have four years of controversy.”
More than 100 House Republicans and a dozen Senate Republicans have said they will support Trump in the efforts to challenge the election results in battleground states.
Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell and other Senate GOP members have urged members not to join the efforts.
However, Missouri Sen. Josh Hawley went against McConnell’s advisement and stated he will also challenge the election results. He was soon followed by Texas Sen. Ted Cruz and others.
“Let there be transparency. Pull the curtains back,” Huckabee said. “That’s what America needs to know because if this election was all on the up and up, then Joe Biden has nothing to fear, in fact he has every reason to say with confidence, ‘I’m going to be sworn in as president.’ But if the funny business went on… and you don’t investigate it, then you leave this cloud over Joe Biden and his election.”
The Washington Post recently published an article saying that Trump continues to challenge the election without evidence.
“The press is pretending there’s no evidence.” Huckabee said referring to the article. “That’s simply a lie. There is evidence, and that’s what’s not been looked at.”
Congress will be certifying the election results today beginning at noon.
- When The Levee Breaks… September 20, 2021
- If Only We Could Find A Cure For Trump Derangement Syndrome September 19, 2021
- The Fed Has Liquidated Its Entire Corporate Bond Portfolio September 19, 2021
- Report: Secondary Schools in Afghanistan Open Without Female Students or Teachers September 19, 2021
- U.S., Mexico Begin Removal Flights for Haitian Migrants September 19, 2021
- Report: Beto O’Rourke Eyes Political Comeback in Texas Gubernatorial Race September 19, 2021
- Rickards: No Recovery Until 2045? September 19, 2021
- Kadish: Is It Puppeteers Or Puppets In Control In Washington? September 18, 2021
- Hospital Staff That Decline COVID Vaccine For Religious Reasons Must Attest To Also Swearing Off Tylenol, Tums, & Other Common Meds September 18, 2021
- ‘Justice for J6’: Protesters Call for Due Process for Capitol Attack Detainees September 18, 2021
- Mexican State Cops Stop Buses with Caribbean Migrants Headed for Border, They Kept Walking September 18, 2021
- EXCLUSIVE VIDEO: Venezuelan, Colombian Migrants Cross Border Upstream from Del Rio Migrant Camp September 18, 2021
- Could Biden Nominate Anti-Gun Activist David Chipman As “Gun Czar”? September 16, 2021
- COVID Hysteria Could Destroy A Generation September 16, 2021
- The Illusion Of Getting Rich While Producing Nothing September 16, 2021
- Report: John Durham Will Seek Indictment of Democratic Lawyer for Allegedly Lying to the F.B.I. During ‘Russian Collusion’ Investigation September 16, 2021
- Watch: Joe Biden Forgets Who He’s Talking To — Calls Australian PM ‘That Fella Down Under’ September 16, 2021
- Major UK Fertilizer Plants Shuttered Due To Skyrocketing Natural Gas Prices September 16, 2021
- Canada’s Conservatives Are Using Soaring Inflation To Help Defeat Trudeau September 15, 2021
- Mary Trump: Donald’s Entire Cabinet in ‘Dereliction of Its Duty’ for Not Invoking 25th Amendment September 15, 2021
- 1,659,904 hits