N. Korea officials warn of yellow dust from China, advise citizens to remain at home
Officials in North Korea have advised citizens to shelter in place because of dangerous “yellow dust” they allege is coming from China which could contain traces of the coronavirus.
Printed in Friday’s edition of the North Korean official party newspaper Rodong Sinmun, officials of the hermit nation said new measures and restrictions had become “critical” as health officials “deal with the yellow dust,” referring to sands from the Gobi Desert of China and Mongolia that periodically blow into North Korea from as far as 1,200 miles away.
There is no supported science to suggest that COVID-19 can be spread from such a distance. But the warning, from a nation that has thus far reported it has allegedly no cases of the virus, shows a growing concern for the disease that many experts believe would destroy the nation’s isolated economy should it experience a serious outbreak.
“People must pay attention to personal hygiene after returning from outside,” read part of the article in Rodong Sinmun.
The announcement was the second warning broadcast by state-controlled media this week after a Wednesday briefing broadcast on Korean Central Television instructed citizens to remain in place and noted that all construction throughout the country would be temporarily paused.
- Watch Live: President Trump Hosts a Political Rally in Georgia September 25, 2021
- Mayorkas Tells Migrants How to Get Through Title 42 Border Barrier September 25, 2021
- A Nationally Televised Example Of The Chaos False Positive COVID Tests Create September 25, 2021
- Arizona Senate Report on the Maricopa County Election Audit Highlights 49,000 Questionable Votes, Asks AG to Investigate September 25, 2021
- “Immunity As A Service” – The Snake-Oil Salesmen & The COVID-Zero Con September 24, 2021
- Los Angeles Homeless Moving Back Onto Street After Cleanups September 24, 2021
- LIVE: Audit Report Released To AZ Senate in Phoenix, AZ 9/24/21 on JoshWho September 24, 2021
- DHS Secretary Alejandros Mayorkas Considers Eliminating Border Horse Patrol Citing ‘Systemic Racism’ September 24, 2021
- DHS Secretary Alejandro Mayorkas: We Did Not Test Haitian Migrants for Coronavirus Before Releasing Them into U.S. September 24, 2021
- Exclusive: Dan Crenshaw Says Some Democrats ‘Quietly’ Interested in Cutting Catch and Release for Illegal Aliens September 24, 2021
- Pentagon Belatedly Releases Name Of Misidentified “ISIS-K Target” Killed In Kabul Drone Strike September 24, 2021
- Chairman, CEO Of China’s HNA Group Arrested For “Suspected Crime” September 24, 2021
- The European Energy Crisis Is About To Go Global September 24, 2021
- Unbiased, Mobility-Enabling, Open, Global Network: How Crypto Enables Economic Freedom September 23, 2021
- Report: California Put Coronavirus-Infected Inmates, Including Illegal Aliens, into Communities September 23, 2021
- Gov. Newsom: Vaccine Mandate for Kids ‘on the Table’ September 23, 2021
- The Latest Coronavirus Death Tolls, According to the CDC September 23, 2021
- Submitting VAERS COVID Vaccine Death Reports became a Full Time Job and is Overwhelmingly Climbing in Deaths. September 23, 2021
- Molecular Biologist Speaks At Dawson Creek City Council Meeting. September 23, 2021
- Futures Rise On Taper, Evergrande Optimism September 23, 2021
- 1,660,378 hits