N. Korea officials warn of yellow dust from China, advise citizens to remain at home
Officials in North Korea have advised citizens to shelter in place because of dangerous “yellow dust” they allege is coming from China which could contain traces of the coronavirus.
Printed in Friday’s edition of the North Korean official party newspaper Rodong Sinmun, officials of the hermit nation said new measures and restrictions had become “critical” as health officials “deal with the yellow dust,” referring to sands from the Gobi Desert of China and Mongolia that periodically blow into North Korea from as far as 1,200 miles away.
There is no supported science to suggest that COVID-19 can be spread from such a distance. But the warning, from a nation that has thus far reported it has allegedly no cases of the virus, shows a growing concern for the disease that many experts believe would destroy the nation’s isolated economy should it experience a serious outbreak.
“People must pay attention to personal hygiene after returning from outside,” read part of the article in Rodong Sinmun.
The announcement was the second warning broadcast by state-controlled media this week after a Wednesday briefing broadcast on Korean Central Television instructed citizens to remain in place and noted that all construction throughout the country would be temporarily paused.
- Bill Maher Rips Woke Mentality Now Driving Olympic Games: “Belongs In Stalin’s Russia” August 1, 2021
- Brandon Smith: Why Are Globalists And Governments So Desperate For 100% Vaccination Rates? July 31, 2021
- Gavin Newsom: Democrats will face ‘Profound Consequences Nationwide’ in 2022 if Recall Successful July 31, 2021
- Larry Elder Rallies Beach Crowd in L.A. to Recall Gov. Gavin Newsom July 31, 2021
- Wildfires Are Coming For Wine, Weed, And Christmas July 31, 2021
- Carney: Fear of the Delta Variant Threatens to Stop Schools from Opening July 31, 2021
- Goldman Flow Desk Weekly Recap July 31, 2021
- Germany Blames Iran For Stalling Nuclear Talks: “Moving Further & Further Away” July 31, 2021
- Schlichter: Imagine If They Hadn’t Lied To Us For The Last 18 Months July 30, 2021
- Western Governors Call For Federal Aid To Fight Wildfires During Meeting With Biden July 30, 2021
- Biden Presses Schools to Hold ‘Pop-Up Clinics’ to Vaccinate Children 12 and Up July 30, 2021
- Joe Biden: Expect More Coronavirus Restrictions ‘In All Probability’ July 30, 2021
- CDC Director: ‘We’re Looking Into’ Federal Vaccine Mandate July 30, 2021
- Olympic Gold… Is Silver July 30, 2021
- Blue Glacier Publishes ‘Red Team’ Report on Cybercrime and Anti-Vaccination Militancy July 30, 2021
- Arkansas Judge Orders Unemployment Stimmies To Continue Despite 40,000 Vacant Jobs July 30, 2021
- 1.6 Billion Disposable Masks Entered Our Oceans In 2020 July 30, 2021
- How US And Russian Nuclear Arsenals Evolved July 29, 2021
- CNN’s Lemon: Time to Blame ‘Selfish’ Unvaccinated — Can’t Be Allowed in Offices, Gyms, Airplanes July 29, 2021
- GOP Rep. Nunes: ‘Pelosi Has Managed to Completely Burn Down This Institution’ July 29, 2021
- 1,653,342 hits