NBC News: Defense Sec. Esper has reportedly prepared a resignation letter
November 5, 2020 4:31 pm
Tags: 2020, 2020 campaign, 2020 Election, 2020 Elections, cabinet, Confederacy, confederates, csa, Defense Department, Department of Defense, Donald Trump, Election 2020, Election2020, Elections, Featured, Mark Esper, military bases, Nation, National Security, NBC, nbc news, Politics, Resign, resignation, Secretary of Defense
Categories: 2020 2020 campaign 2020 Election 2020 Elections cabinet Confederacy confederates csa Defense Department Department of Defense Donald Trump Election 2020 Election2020 Elections Featured JoshWho News Mark Esper military bases Nation National Security NBC nbc news Politics Resign resignation Saraa Carter Secretary of Defense
November 5, 2020
NBC News is reporting that Secretary of Defense Mark Esper has allegedly prepared a resignation letter, according to three current defense officials. Esper has long butted heads with President Donald Trump, sometimes publicly.
Esper reportedly wrote the letter because, of all the current Cabinet officials, he is one of those who has been long expected to be asked to step down after the election, defense officials said according to NBC.
It is not uncommon for members of the Cabinet to draft a resignation letter in the lead-up to a presidential transition in order to give the president adequate time to find a replacement for a hypothetical second term, NBC’s report explained.
This comes as Esper is collaborating with federal lawmakers in drafting a bill that would rename U.S. military bases that presently bare the names of Confederate leaders. President Trump has publicly opposed the measure, potentially creating more conflict between him and Esper. Per NBC, this legislation would be tacked onto the annual National Defense Authorization Act (NDAA).
It should be noted that no official announcement about this resignation letter has been made yet.
You can follow Douglas Braff on Twitter @Douglas_P_Braff.
- Watch Live: President Trump Hosts a Political Rally in Georgia September 25, 2021
- Mayorkas Tells Migrants How to Get Through Title 42 Border Barrier September 25, 2021
- A Nationally Televised Example Of The Chaos False Positive COVID Tests Create September 25, 2021
- Arizona Senate Report on the Maricopa County Election Audit Highlights 49,000 Questionable Votes, Asks AG to Investigate September 25, 2021
- “Immunity As A Service” – The Snake-Oil Salesmen & The COVID-Zero Con September 24, 2021
- Los Angeles Homeless Moving Back Onto Street After Cleanups September 24, 2021
- LIVE: Audit Report Released To AZ Senate in Phoenix, AZ 9/24/21 on JoshWho September 24, 2021
- DHS Secretary Alejandros Mayorkas Considers Eliminating Border Horse Patrol Citing ‘Systemic Racism’ September 24, 2021
- DHS Secretary Alejandro Mayorkas: We Did Not Test Haitian Migrants for Coronavirus Before Releasing Them into U.S. September 24, 2021
- Exclusive: Dan Crenshaw Says Some Democrats ‘Quietly’ Interested in Cutting Catch and Release for Illegal Aliens September 24, 2021
- Pentagon Belatedly Releases Name Of Misidentified “ISIS-K Target” Killed In Kabul Drone Strike September 24, 2021
- Chairman, CEO Of China’s HNA Group Arrested For “Suspected Crime” September 24, 2021
- The European Energy Crisis Is About To Go Global September 24, 2021
- Unbiased, Mobility-Enabling, Open, Global Network: How Crypto Enables Economic Freedom September 23, 2021
- Report: California Put Coronavirus-Infected Inmates, Including Illegal Aliens, into Communities September 23, 2021
- Gov. Newsom: Vaccine Mandate for Kids ‘on the Table’ September 23, 2021
- The Latest Coronavirus Death Tolls, According to the CDC September 23, 2021
- Submitting VAERS COVID Vaccine Death Reports became a Full Time Job and is Overwhelmingly Climbing in Deaths. September 23, 2021
- Molecular Biologist Speaks At Dawson Creek City Council Meeting. September 23, 2021
- Futures Rise On Taper, Evergrande Optimism September 23, 2021
- 1,660,378 hits