Nevada Judge Tosses Trump Campaign’s Challenge to Vote Results
A state judge in Carson City, Nevada, ruled Friday against an effort by President Donald Trump’s campaign to overturn the results of the election in the Silver State based on irregularities — but said earlier in the week he expected the losing side in the case to appeal to the Supreme Court of Nevada.
The Las Vegas Review-Journal reported:
A District Court judge in Carson City on Friday ruled against an attempt by President Donald Trump’s campaign to overturn Nevada’s presidential election results, saying there was insufficient evidence to support fraud accusations.
Judge James Russell issued his order after hearing several hours of argument from attorneys representing both Trump and President-elect Joe Biden’s campaigns on Thursday.
Trump’s campaign echoed the president’s own calls of voter fraud and alleged that Clark County election staff failed to address 40,000 cases of double voting and thousands more illegal votes from the deceased or voters who do not live in Nevada.
Democrats argued the challenge did not identify a single voter who allegedly committed fraud, nor did it provide any other evidence to warrant overturning the will of the majority of Nevada’s 1.4 million voters.
On Thursday, Breitbart News reported, the judge heard arguments from both sides, including Democrats’ argument that dead voters’ mail-in ballots should count if the voters cast them before passing away.
The legal team representing Trump’s electors presented evidence of improper voting, but the Democrats argued that they had to show more specific evidence linking particular voters to particular actions.
The Trump team countered that if that were the standard, voter fraud could never be alleged or proven during an election.
The legal fight will likely continue,.
Joel B. Pollak is Senior Editor-at-Large at Breitbart News and the host of Breitbart News Sunday on Sirius XM Patriot on Sunday evenings from 7 p.m. to 10 p.m. ET (4 p.m. to 7 p.m. PT). His newest e-book is The Trumpian Virtues: The Lessons and Legacy of Donald Trump’s Presidency. His recent book, RED NOVEMBER, tells the story of the 2020 Democratic presidential primary from a conservative perspective. He is a winner of the 2018 Robert Novak Journalism Alumni Fellowship. Follow him on Twitter at @joelpollak.
- International Space Station Briefly Destabilized After Accidental Russian Rocket Firing October 16, 2021
- Huge Dock Worker Protests In Italy, Fears Of Disruption, As Covid ‘Green Pass’ Takes Effect October 16, 2021
- Bovard: When Barack Obama Got Away With Murder October 15, 2021
- Rivera on Unvaccinated Kyrie Irving: ‘I Am Mad’ — ‘He’s Hurting Everybody’ October 15, 2021
- Joe Biden Wants Justice Department to Prosecute Trump Loyalists Defying Congressional Subpoenas October 15, 2021
- Flooding In West China Destroys Agricultural Production October 15, 2021
- Report: Hunter Biden Said Offer from Powerful Chinese Investor Had ‘Everything to Do with My Last Name’ October 15, 2021
- Bill Clinton Hospitalized For Infection That Spread To Bloodstream October 15, 2021
- Cryptos Surge On News SEC “Set To Allow” Bitcoin Futures ETF October 15, 2021
- Treasury Official Warns Using Stablecoins For Payments “Raises A Whole Set Of Issues” October 14, 2021
- Biden’s Court-packing Commission Blames Republicans for Polarization over Judiciary October 14, 2021
- Poll: Americans Are Increasingly Wary of Government Overreach Under Biden October 14, 2021
- Justice Breyer Calls SCOTUS ‘Fallible’ as Leftists Seek to Pack the Court October 14, 2021
- Putin: $100 Oil Is “Quite Possible” October 14, 2021
- The Great New Normal Purge October 13, 2021
- Trump: ‘Republicans Will Not Be Voting’ in Future Elections Unless 2020 Fraud Resolved October 13, 2021
- Charles Hurt: Sorry Republican Swamp Creatures, the Trump Train Rolls On October 13, 2021
- Joe Biden Blames Private Companies for Port Delays October 13, 2021
- Stellar Demand For 30Y Auction As Curve Comes Crashing Down October 13, 2021
- FDA Says No Need For Boosters As Moderna, J&J Plead Case October 13, 2021
- 1,662,659 hits