New York City to sever ties With Trump Organization following Capitol riot
January 13, 2021 9:19 am
Tags: Bill de Blasio, capitol riots, Donald Trump, Featured, MSNBC, New York City, Politics, Trump Organization
Categories: Bill de Blasio capitol riots Donald Trump Featured JoshWho News MSNBC New York City Politics Saraa Carter Trump Organization
New York City is severing its contracts with the Trump Organization as a result of the riot at the U.S. Capitol last week, Mayor Bill de Blasio announced Wednesday on MSNBC.
De Blasio said he was ending the relationship because President Trump had incited violence.
“Inciting an insurrection against the U.S. government clearly constitutes criminal activity,” De Blasio said on MSNBC. “The City of New York will no longer have anything to do with the Trump Organization. They have profited from these contracts, they will profit no longer.”
The contracts are for two ice-skating rinks at Central Park, the Central Park Carousel and the Trump Golf Links at Ferry Point, a city-owned golf course in the Bronx. The Trump organization profits about $17 million a year from these contracts, De Blasio said.
De Blasio said they’re moving forward with severing the contracts “right away” and expects the Trump Organization to challenge the city’s decision in court.
- Report: ‘Fragile’ Democrats Face Dire 2022 Prospects October 18, 2021
- One Bank Reveals The Dismal Truth About The $150 Trillion Crusade Against Climate Change October 18, 2021
- State Department Inspector General Will Investigate President Biden’s Botched Afghanistan Pullout October 18, 2021
- Fraternal Uprising: College Students Reject ‘Surveillance State’ Coronavirus Restrictions October 18, 2021
- Colin Powell Died from COVID Booster Shot Complications at age 84— He Was Fully Vaccinated October 18, 2021
- Peter Schiff: Stock Up Now! Inflation Could Get Very Ugly October 18, 2021
- Investors Starting To Realize “Stagflation” Is A Problem October 18, 2021
- Beijing, Moscow, Ankara Push US Out Of Red Sea Dominance October 18, 2021
- WATCH– President Biden Violates Mask Mandate in D.C. October 17, 2021
- 40% Of California State Workers Are Unvaccinated Despite Newsom’s Order October 17, 2021
- Donald Trump Mocks Biden Corruption: ‘Hunter Has Inspired Me to Begin Painting’ October 17, 2021
- China Stuns U.S. Intelligence with Hypersonic Missile Test October 17, 2021
- Taibbi: Yes, Virginia, There Is A Deep State October 17, 2021
- Coal Generation In UK Jumps As Wind Speed Drops October 17, 2021
- David Hogg Rebuked Again, Youth Gun Sports Leagues See “Record-Setting” Participation October 16, 2021
- Report: Cori Bush Defends Defund Police Push While Spending $130,000 on Personal Security, Including Cops October 16, 2021
- Marlow: ‘A Semi-Responsible Media’ Would Constantly Press Buttigieg for any ‘Reasonable Explanation’ for Economic Problems October 16, 2021
- Poll: Joe Biden’s Job Approval Hits New Low at 36 Percent October 16, 2021
- International Space Station Briefly Destabilized After Accidental Russian Rocket Firing October 16, 2021
- Huge Dock Worker Protests In Italy, Fears Of Disruption, As Covid ‘Green Pass’ Takes Effect October 16, 2021
- 1,662,997 hits