PA public school board rejects geography textbook as left-wing ‘indoctrination’ due to climate change content
A Pennsylvania public school board rejected a textbook last week, as some members called its instruction on climate change left-wing “indoctrination,” the York Dispatch reported.
What are the details?
The West York Area school board voted 5-4 on May 19 to scrap “Rubenstein: The Cultural Landscape: An Introduction to Human Geography, 13th edition,” the paper said.
Board member Lynn Kohler said the book represented an anti-capitalist extension of the environmental movement, the Dispatch said, and that climate change and globalization are highly political and not universally accepted.
“I believe this falls into the indoctrination category of pushing a particular political belief,” Kohler said at the meeting, the paper reported.
Kohler added that the text says resources aren’t uniformly distributed across the earth, which makes “it sound like countries like America are bad,” the Dispatch reported.
The book was slated for the district’s advanced placement human geography course, the paper said.
Board member Todd Gettys told the Dispatch that approving the textbook would be an endorsement of its ideas, and he and Kohler agreed the book could be offered for independent study with students buying their own books to remove the taxpayer burden.
Superintendent Todd Davies said that without a text, it’s unlikely the course will run, and students who are signed up for it will be disappointed, the paper said.
(H/T: EAG News)
- Bill Maher Rips Woke Mentality Now Driving Olympic Games: “Belongs In Stalin’s Russia” August 1, 2021
- Brandon Smith: Why Are Globalists And Governments So Desperate For 100% Vaccination Rates? July 31, 2021
- Gavin Newsom: Democrats will face ‘Profound Consequences Nationwide’ in 2022 if Recall Successful July 31, 2021
- Larry Elder Rallies Beach Crowd in L.A. to Recall Gov. Gavin Newsom July 31, 2021
- Wildfires Are Coming For Wine, Weed, And Christmas July 31, 2021
- Carney: Fear of the Delta Variant Threatens to Stop Schools from Opening July 31, 2021
- Goldman Flow Desk Weekly Recap July 31, 2021
- Germany Blames Iran For Stalling Nuclear Talks: “Moving Further & Further Away” July 31, 2021
- Schlichter: Imagine If They Hadn’t Lied To Us For The Last 18 Months July 30, 2021
- Western Governors Call For Federal Aid To Fight Wildfires During Meeting With Biden July 30, 2021
- Biden Presses Schools to Hold ‘Pop-Up Clinics’ to Vaccinate Children 12 and Up July 30, 2021
- Joe Biden: Expect More Coronavirus Restrictions ‘In All Probability’ July 30, 2021
- CDC Director: ‘We’re Looking Into’ Federal Vaccine Mandate July 30, 2021
- Olympic Gold… Is Silver July 30, 2021
- Blue Glacier Publishes ‘Red Team’ Report on Cybercrime and Anti-Vaccination Militancy July 30, 2021
- Arkansas Judge Orders Unemployment Stimmies To Continue Despite 40,000 Vacant Jobs July 30, 2021
- 1.6 Billion Disposable Masks Entered Our Oceans In 2020 July 30, 2021
- How US And Russian Nuclear Arsenals Evolved July 29, 2021
- CNN’s Lemon: Time to Blame ‘Selfish’ Unvaccinated — Can’t Be Allowed in Offices, Gyms, Airplanes July 29, 2021
- GOP Rep. Nunes: ‘Pelosi Has Managed to Completely Burn Down This Institution’ July 29, 2021
- 1,653,348 hits