People Marching with Antifa Attack Conservatives at Rally Against Big Tech
October 17, 2020 11:51 pm
Tags: antifa, Crime and Incidents, Politics, San Francisco, Social Issues, Trump Supporters, US, US News
Categories: antifa Crime and Incidents Epoch Times JoshWho News Politics San Francisco Social Issues Trump Supporters US US News
SAN FRANCISCO, California—A free speech rally organized by conservatives was overrun by several hundred counterprotesters—some holding Antifa flags—on Saturday in downtown San Francisco. Violent individuals from the counterprotester group also attacked at conservatives. Event organizer Philip Anderson lost a front tooth, while one man wearing a Trump T-shirt had to be taken away by ambulance after being attacked. A police officer also had to be taken to hospital.
A photographer working for The Associated Press also witnessed an injured San Francisco police officer on the ground by San Francisco’s United Nations Plaza after the sergeant tried to prevent the attacks from counterprotesters.
Team Save America organized the rally to protest Twitter’s banning of a NY Post article alleging that Hunter Biden had set up a meeting for a Ukrainian businessman with his father Joe Biden while Biden was serving as vice president during the Obama administration. The Biden campaign as denied the allegations.
Members of the group wore “Make America Great Again” hats and carried “Thin Blue Line” flags voicing their support for law enforcement as well as U.S. flags.
Anderson took the stage at about 1 p.m. and was greeted by chants and plastic water bottles and glass bottles thrown over police barricades.
The event was canceled, although both sides lingered in the area into the afternoon.
The San Francisco Police Department said three officers suffered non life-threatening injuries when they were assaulted with pepper spray and caustic chemicals. One officer was taken to a local hospital for treatment, the department said.
No arrests have been made, the department said.
Anderson called the counterprotesters hypocrites and said they are the reason why he’s voting for President Donald Trump.
“I love America, I love this country, and I love free speech,” he said.
- Massive meth, fentanyl lab and other facilities raided by Mexican authorities October 26, 2020
- Big Tech Censorship Backfires: Most Say Biden/Hunter Business Connection Likely October 26, 2020
- Why Did China’s Top Leaders Meet Frequently in October? October 26, 2020
- Election Interference: YouTube Runs ‘Fact Check’ on Searches, Not Just Videos, About Biden and Fracking October 26, 2020
- Beijing Sanctions US Defense Manufacturers Over Arms Sales to Taiwan October 26, 2020
- Texas Firm Launches New Product to Help Support Collegiate Sports This Fall October 26, 2020
- Rasmussen Poll: Trump ahead of Biden, with 52% approval rating October 26, 2020
- President Trump Reportedly Planning on Removing Chris Wray as FBI Director After the Election October 26, 2020
- AstraZeneca Says Its Vaccine Is Producing Strong Immune Response in Elderly Patients October 26, 2020
- Counter Protesters Attack ‘Jews for Trump’ Rally in New York October 26, 2020