Peter Meijer Wins Primary in Michigan District Held by Rep. Justin Amash
August 4, 2020 9:45 pm
Tags: 2020 Election, House of Representatives, Justin Amash, Michigan, Peter Meijer, Politics
Categories: 2020 Election Breitbart News House of Representatives JoshWho News Justin Amash Michigan Peter Meijer Politics
Peter Meijer won the contested Republican primary in Michigan’s 3rd Congressional District on Tuesday.
With over 66 percent of precincts reporting, Meijer had over 50 percent of the vote in a five-way primary, according to MLive.
Meijer, a veteran and the grandson of grocery store magnate Fred Meijer, will take on Democrat Hillary Scholten in November, who did not have a primary race.
Incumbent Rep. Justin Amash left the Republican Party during his term and became an independent. He angered conservatives by voting for President Donald Trump’s impeachment and siding with Democrats on numerous other votes.
“Tonight, I would like to congratulate Peter Meijer on the big victory in his primary,” Michigan Republican Party Chairwoman Laura Cox said in a statement.
“When Michigan’s 3rd congressional district needed a voice in Washington, Justin Amash turned his back on his constituents. Peter is a conservative veteran who will bring strong, stable, and effective representation to West Michigan – and never turn his back on us,” she said.
“The Democrats hand-picked candidate in Michigan’s 3rd congressional district stands no chance against Peter this November. Hillary Scholten is just another Obama administration alum who will be a rubber stamp on Nancy Pelosi in Congress instead of fighting for what’s right for West Michigan.”
Kyle Olson is a reporter for Breitbart News. He is also host of “The Kyle Olson Show,” syndicated on Michigan radio stations on Saturdays. Listen to segments on YouTube. Follow him on Twitter, like him on Facebook, and follow him on Parler.
- Jan. 6th 2020 was 100% Staged. Meet FBI Informant Ray Epps The Fed-Protected Provocateur Who Appears To Have Led The Very First 1/6 Attack On The U.S. Capitol October 26, 2021
- FDA Panel Votes In Favor Of Pfizer Covid-19 Vaccine For Children Aged 5 – 11 October 26, 2021
- Democrats Stalking $5 Trillion In Billionaire Wealth For Tax Extraction October 26, 2021
- The Lost ‘Lockdown’ Months Of The COVID Crisis October 26, 2021
- Striking Workers Decry “Suicide Shifts” As Pandemic Burnout Takes Toll October 25, 2021
- Bidenflation Stole Christmas: Consumer Prices Up, Retail Spending Plans Not October 25, 2021
- EXCLUSIVE-Kevin McCarthy: Facebook Employees’ Leftist Narratives ‘Threatened’ by Breitbart Reporting October 25, 2021
- Thousands of NYC Workers March Across Brooklyn Bridge Protesting Vaccine Mandates: ‘F*ck Joe Biden!’ October 25, 2021
- Musk Tweets “Wild $T1mes!” After TSLA Joins ‘Four Commas’ Club October 25, 2021
- Musk Tops $250 Billion Net Worth After TSLA Rockets Past FB As 5th Biggest US Stock October 25, 2021
- Goldman Cut’s China’s 2022 GDP To Just 5.2% October 24, 2021
- ADL Warns: Avoid Culturally Insensitive, Gender-conforming Halloween Costumes October 24, 2021
- New Zealand Prime Minister Admits She Wants to Create Two Classes of Citizens Based on Vaccination Status October 24, 2021
- ‘The Richest He’s Ever Been’: Trump Set To Gain Billions In Net Worth On Moonshot SPAC October 24, 2021
- Washington Post ‘Forced to Admit They Lied’ After Pretending ‘F*ck Joe Biden’ Chant Was ‘Let’s Go, Brandon’ October 24, 2021
- Citigroup Becomes First Wall Street Megabank To Commit To “Racial Audit” October 24, 2021
- Gordon Chang: Joe Biden’s Taiwan Policy Is Now A Total Disaster October 23, 2021
- Pinkerton: Bidenflation Meets Bidenunemployment October 23, 2021
- President Biden Delays Release of JFK Assassination Records, Blaming Pandemic October 23, 2021
- CDC Director Admits “We May Need To Update Our Definition Of ‘Fully Vaccinated'” October 23, 2021
- 1,663,697 hits