Peter Meijer Wins Primary in Michigan District Held by Rep. Justin Amash
August 4, 2020 9:45 pm
Tags: 2020 Election, House of Representatives, Justin Amash, Michigan, Peter Meijer, Politics
Categories: 2020 Election Breitbart News House of Representatives JoshWho News Justin Amash Michigan Peter Meijer Politics
Peter Meijer won the contested Republican primary in Michigan’s 3rd Congressional District on Tuesday.
With over 66 percent of precincts reporting, Meijer had over 50 percent of the vote in a five-way primary, according to MLive.
Meijer, a veteran and the grandson of grocery store magnate Fred Meijer, will take on Democrat Hillary Scholten in November, who did not have a primary race.
Incumbent Rep. Justin Amash left the Republican Party during his term and became an independent. He angered conservatives by voting for President Donald Trump’s impeachment and siding with Democrats on numerous other votes.
“Tonight, I would like to congratulate Peter Meijer on the big victory in his primary,” Michigan Republican Party Chairwoman Laura Cox said in a statement.
“When Michigan’s 3rd congressional district needed a voice in Washington, Justin Amash turned his back on his constituents. Peter is a conservative veteran who will bring strong, stable, and effective representation to West Michigan – and never turn his back on us,” she said.
“The Democrats hand-picked candidate in Michigan’s 3rd congressional district stands no chance against Peter this November. Hillary Scholten is just another Obama administration alum who will be a rubber stamp on Nancy Pelosi in Congress instead of fighting for what’s right for West Michigan.”
Kyle Olson is a reporter for Breitbart News. He is also host of “The Kyle Olson Show,” syndicated on Michigan radio stations on Saturdays. Listen to segments on YouTube. Follow him on Twitter, like him on Facebook, and follow him on Parler.
- International Space Station Briefly Destabilized After Accidental Russian Rocket Firing October 16, 2021
- Huge Dock Worker Protests In Italy, Fears Of Disruption, As Covid ‘Green Pass’ Takes Effect October 16, 2021
- Bovard: When Barack Obama Got Away With Murder October 15, 2021
- Rivera on Unvaccinated Kyrie Irving: ‘I Am Mad’ — ‘He’s Hurting Everybody’ October 15, 2021
- Joe Biden Wants Justice Department to Prosecute Trump Loyalists Defying Congressional Subpoenas October 15, 2021
- Flooding In West China Destroys Agricultural Production October 15, 2021
- Report: Hunter Biden Said Offer from Powerful Chinese Investor Had ‘Everything to Do with My Last Name’ October 15, 2021
- Bill Clinton Hospitalized For Infection That Spread To Bloodstream October 15, 2021
- Cryptos Surge On News SEC “Set To Allow” Bitcoin Futures ETF October 15, 2021
- Treasury Official Warns Using Stablecoins For Payments “Raises A Whole Set Of Issues” October 14, 2021
- Biden’s Court-packing Commission Blames Republicans for Polarization over Judiciary October 14, 2021
- Poll: Americans Are Increasingly Wary of Government Overreach Under Biden October 14, 2021
- Justice Breyer Calls SCOTUS ‘Fallible’ as Leftists Seek to Pack the Court October 14, 2021
- Putin: $100 Oil Is “Quite Possible” October 14, 2021
- The Great New Normal Purge October 13, 2021
- Trump: ‘Republicans Will Not Be Voting’ in Future Elections Unless 2020 Fraud Resolved October 13, 2021
- Charles Hurt: Sorry Republican Swamp Creatures, the Trump Train Rolls On October 13, 2021
- Joe Biden Blames Private Companies for Port Delays October 13, 2021
- Stellar Demand For 30Y Auction As Curve Comes Crashing Down October 13, 2021
- FDA Says No Need For Boosters As Moderna, J&J Plead Case October 13, 2021
- 1,662,660 hits