Pro-Trump protesters descend on Capitol, some staffers and lawmakers told to evacuate amid chaos
January 6, 2021 1:39 pm
Tags: Donald Trump, election fraud, Elections, Electoral College, Featured, Nation, Politics, Protestors, us capitol
Categories: Donald Trump election fraud Elections Electoral College Featured JoshWho News Nation Politics Protestors Saraa Carter us capitol
Pro-Trump protesters have swarmed the grounds and buildings of Capitol Hill on Wednesday afternoon following President Donald Trump‘s rally in front of the White House and Vice President Mike Pence‘s refusal to overturn President-elect Joe Biden‘s 2020 victory at the day’s scheduled tallying of Electoral Colleges votes casts by the states.
Congressional offices have been told to evacuate and to head down to the underground tunnels in order to escape the ensuing chaos, Jake Sherman of Punchbowl News reported.
Congresswoman Nancy Mace (R-S.C.) said she had evacuated her office and reported that the rioters were assaulting Capitol Police, including a video in her tweet of a clash between them in a congressional building.
The Capitol Police couldn’t be immediately reached for comment. The story will be updated if and when one is received.
You can follow Douglas Braff on Twitter @Douglas_P_Braff.
- Cascade Of Consequences July 26, 2021
- Tesla Q2 Earnings: China Remains Key, Questions Loom About Bitcoin, Batteries, Bailouts And The FSD Bait And Switch July 26, 2021
- World’s Food Supplies In Jeopardy Amid Climate Disasters July 26, 2021
- Gov. Abbott: Biden Admin’s Plan Is Catch and Release — Texas Plan Is Catch and Jail July 25, 2021
- Rubio Rips Biden Hypocrisy on Border, Cuba; Asks Where Forceful Don’t Come Message Was in Early Days of Presidency July 25, 2021
- Typhoon In-Fa Hits China’s East Coast, Forcing Container Ports To Close July 25, 2021
- Ninth Circuit: Gavin Newsom’s California Violated Private School Parents’ Rights with Shutdown July 25, 2021
- Previewing The Next Crisis: Spending Tumbles Among Households Cut Off From Unemployment Benefits July 25, 2021
- Maine Becomes First State To Charge Firms That Don’t Use Eco-Friendly Packaging Materials July 25, 2021
- Little Girl Seen in viral Video Getting Nipple Pinched by Joe Biden CONFIRMS Joe Did Pinch her nipple in front of the whole world July 25, 2021
- America Is Only One Step Away From A South African-Style Social Implosion July 24, 2021
- China Unveils World’s Fastest Maglev Bullet Train July 24, 2021
- Pinkerton: NYT Compares Biden’s Promised ‘Green Jobs’ to ‘Grueling’ Low-Wage Amazon and Uber Gigs July 24, 2021
- NFL to Fine Unvaccinated Players for Covid Protocol Violations July 24, 2021
- Colorado Monitoring Literal Plague Activity In At Least 6 Counties After Child Dies July 24, 2021
- Poll: Majority of Unvaccinated Indicate They Will Not Get the Jab July 24, 2021
- Live Trump Rally Today! Phoenix Arizona Watch Here July 24, 2021
- JPM Top Exec Mary Erdoes: “There’s A Reason” Junior Bankers Must Work 72 Hour Weeks July 24, 2021
- New Evidence shows COVID-19 was Deliberately Released by the Chinese Military July 24, 2021
- Bovard: The Coming “January 6” Train Wreck July 23, 2021
- 1,652,677 hits