Psaki Says No New Border Security After Footage of Children Being Thrown Over Wall Goes Viral
White House Press Secretary was asked in a Thursday press conference whether the White House is considering tightening security at the southern border after a video surfaced of children being thrown over the border wall.
“On immigration, has the White House considered beefing up border security now that there is video of a 3-year-old and a 5-year-old being thrown over the wall in New Mexico?” Psaki was asked.
“I’ve seen the video and I think any of us who saw the video were incredibly alarmed by the steps of smugglers, ones that we have been quite familiar with,” Psaki began. “As Secretary Mayorkas said, the inhumane way smugglers abuse children while profiting off parents’ desperation is criminal and morally reprehensible.”
“The President certainly agrees with that, and these kids, I believe, we’re rescued by individuals who were working at the border.”
The reporter responded by stating that the problem is not a question of whether the kids were rescued, but the fact that smugglers were able to approach the border that closely in the first place.
“I’m just curious what the White House is doing to stop that from happening.”
Psaki responded by questioning the motive of the reporter, who responded back by saying that the safety of the children are the main concern.
“I will say that our concern and our focus is on sending a clear message to the region that this is not the time to come,” Psaki said. “You should not send your kids on this treacherous journey, that these smugglers are preying on vulnerabilities in these communities, there’s a lot of issues and steps we need to take to address root causes, so of course our concern is for the safety of these kids.”
The message does not seem to be getting across, however. Border crossings along the southern border have spiked dramatically since President Joe Biden was sworn into office, with migrant holding facilities reporting critical levels of overcrowding and some migrants being housed under bridges.
As border crossings surge, the Democrats have put their support behind a number of policies designed to support illegal immigrants, including amnesty bills and an executive order by President Biden instituting a moratorium on deportations, although the moratorium was placed on hold by a judge.
Republicans have criticized the Biden administration’s immigration policies, arguing that their lax approach to illegal immigration is encouraging the massive spike in immigration.
Psaki finished by saying that border patrol agents “deserve our gratitude” for ensuring the safety of children.
- Could Biden Nominate Anti-Gun Activist David Chipman As “Gun Czar”? September 16, 2021
- COVID Hysteria Could Destroy A Generation September 16, 2021
- The Illusion Of Getting Rich While Producing Nothing September 16, 2021
- Report: John Durham Will Seek Indictment of Democratic Lawyer for Allegedly Lying to the F.B.I. During ‘Russian Collusion’ Investigation September 16, 2021
- Watch: Joe Biden Forgets Who He’s Talking To — Calls Australian PM ‘That Fella Down Under’ September 16, 2021
- Major UK Fertilizer Plants Shuttered Due To Skyrocketing Natural Gas Prices September 16, 2021
- Canada’s Conservatives Are Using Soaring Inflation To Help Defeat Trudeau September 15, 2021
- Mary Trump: Donald’s Entire Cabinet in ‘Dereliction of Its Duty’ for Not Invoking 25th Amendment September 15, 2021
- Bonds & Dollar Dump; Crypto Jumps As Debt-Ceiling Doubts Build September 15, 2021
- European Gas Prices Continue Parabolic Rise As EU Debates Nord Stream 2 Certification September 15, 2021
- Larry Elder, ‘Gracious in Defeat’: ‘We May Have Lost the Battle, but We Are Going to Win the War’ September 15, 2021
- Over Two-Thirds Of Businesses Worldwide Report Hiring Difficulties September 15, 2021
- WATCH – Gavin Newsom After Recall Victory: ‘We Said Yes to Science, We Said Yes to Vaccines’ September 15, 2021
- Gavin Newsom to Remain in Office; Democrats Want to Limit Future Recalls September 14, 2021
- Nikki Minaj Sparks MSM Meltdown After Suggesting Americans Think For Themselves About Vaccines September 14, 2021
- Nolte: Elites Violate Mask Mandate at Grotesque Met Gala September 14, 2021
- Biden, Newsom Continue Democrat Tradition of Blaming Climate Change for Wildfires September 14, 2021
- FBI Fires Lead Agent In Whitmer Kidnapping Case September 14, 2021
- Amnesty Alert: Bill ‘Blows Away All Numerical Limits’ on Employer-Based Green Cards — for an Entire Decade September 14, 2021
- A Father Speaks About the Death of his 16yr old son Ernest Ramirez Jr. after he received the COVID19 Vaccine September 13, 2021
- 1,659,671 hits