Putin: $100 Oil Is “Quite Possible”
It is “quite possible” that the WTI Crude oil prices reach $100 per barrel in light of growing global demand for energy commodities, Russian President Vladimir Putin said on a CNBC panel at the Russian Energy Week on Wednesday.
Asked by CNBC’s Hadley Gamble whether the US benchmark could hit $100 a barrel, Putin replied “That is quite possible.”
However, Russia and its allies in the OPEC+ oil producer group want a stable oil market without any shock spikes in prices, Putin said. “Russia and our partners and OPEC + group, I would say we are doing everything possible to make sure the oil market stabilizes,” Putin said, according to a translation.
“We are trying not to allow any shock peaks in prices. We certainly do not want to have that — it is not in our interests,” the Russian president added.
The OPEC+ group decided last week to stick to their planned 400,000 barrels per day (bpd) increase in collective production in November, despite calls from oil importing nations to add more supply and despite an expected additional demand from a gas-to-oil switch due to record high natural gas prices in Europe and Asia.
Oil prices could hit $100 in case of a colder winter, some analysts and investment banks have said in recent weeks. Record-high natural gas prices are forcing some utilities to switch to oil derivatives instead, boosting demand for crude.
Surging natural gas prices, a cold winter, and reopening of international airline travel could push oil prices to $100 per barrel and trigger the next economic crisis, Bank of America said in early October.
Recovering global oil demand could send oil prices to $100 a barrel at some point at the end of 2022, despite COVID challenges to demand this coming winter, according to one of the world’s largest independent oil traders, Trafigura.
- Report: ‘Fragile’ Democrats Face Dire 2022 Prospects October 18, 2021
- One Bank Reveals The Dismal Truth About The $150 Trillion Crusade Against Climate Change October 18, 2021
- State Department Inspector General Will Investigate President Biden’s Botched Afghanistan Pullout October 18, 2021
- Fraternal Uprising: College Students Reject ‘Surveillance State’ Coronavirus Restrictions October 18, 2021
- Colin Powell Died from COVID Booster Shot Complications at age 84— He Was Fully Vaccinated October 18, 2021
- Peter Schiff: Stock Up Now! Inflation Could Get Very Ugly October 18, 2021
- Investors Starting To Realize “Stagflation” Is A Problem October 18, 2021
- Beijing, Moscow, Ankara Push US Out Of Red Sea Dominance October 18, 2021
- WATCH– President Biden Violates Mask Mandate in D.C. October 17, 2021
- 40% Of California State Workers Are Unvaccinated Despite Newsom’s Order October 17, 2021
- Donald Trump Mocks Biden Corruption: ‘Hunter Has Inspired Me to Begin Painting’ October 17, 2021
- China Stuns U.S. Intelligence with Hypersonic Missile Test October 17, 2021
- Taibbi: Yes, Virginia, There Is A Deep State October 17, 2021
- Coal Generation In UK Jumps As Wind Speed Drops October 17, 2021
- David Hogg Rebuked Again, Youth Gun Sports Leagues See “Record-Setting” Participation October 16, 2021
- Report: Cori Bush Defends Defund Police Push While Spending $130,000 on Personal Security, Including Cops October 16, 2021
- Marlow: ‘A Semi-Responsible Media’ Would Constantly Press Buttigieg for any ‘Reasonable Explanation’ for Economic Problems October 16, 2021
- Poll: Joe Biden’s Job Approval Hits New Low at 36 Percent October 16, 2021
- International Space Station Briefly Destabilized After Accidental Russian Rocket Firing October 16, 2021
- Huge Dock Worker Protests In Italy, Fears Of Disruption, As Covid ‘Green Pass’ Takes Effect October 16, 2021
- 1,662,997 hits