Qantas to Add Cairns and Gold Coast to Auckland Direct Flights
April 7, 2021 12:24 am
Tags: Asia & Pacific, Auckland, Australia, CCP Virus, International, Jestar, pandemic, Qantas, World
Categories: Asia & Pacific Auckland Australia CCP Virus Epoch Times International Jestar JoshWho News pandemic Qantas World
Qantas and Jetstar will soon restart flying to all of their pre-pandemic New Zealand destinations while also launching two new routes direct from Auckland to Cairns and the Gold Coast when the two-way Trans-Tasman bubble opens later this month.
The national carrier said this would provide travellers with more options for holidays in Queensland and New Zealand.
It will also boost the number of trans-Tasman flights, which had sunk to less than 3 percent capacity at the height of the pandemic.
The two-way travel bubble will allow the airline to resume operations at 83 percent capacity.
The announcement comes after Australia and New Zealand announced that a two-way safe travel zone, or a travel bubble, will start from April 19 between the two countries.
Qantas Domestic and International CEO Andrew David said restarting the flights would help reconnect families and friends and rebuild the airline group’s international network.
“Hopefully, stories of missed weddings and birthdays on either side of the ditch will now be a thing of the past,” David said.
“We know Australians are keen to head overseas again, so we expect strong demand for flights to New Zealand, and there are many Kiwis who can’t wait for a winter escape to warmer weather in Australia.”
Qantas and Jetstar will operate up to 122 return flights per week across the Tasman Sea on 15 routes, offering more than 52,000 seats each week.
Travellers who book flights before July 31 will be allowed unlimited flight date changes if their travel is before Feb. 28, 2022.
Frequent flyers will be able to use points on every seat on every Qantas and Jetstar flight for the first three days of sales as a “Classic Flight redemption.”
Prior to the pandemic, Qantas usually operated direct flights to Auckland, Wellington, Christchurch, and Queenstown in New Zealand and ski season flights direct flights from Brisbane and Melbourne to Queenstown.
The new daily service from the Gold Coast to Auckland will mark Qantas’ first-ever international flights from Gold Coast Airport.
The new Cairns-Auckland route will launch in early June, operating three days per week. Flights will initially operate for eight weeks until late July, and Qantas will look to add more flights beyond this period if there is demand, the airline said.
Jetstar, the Qantas Group’s budget airline, will initially operate flights to Auckland from Melbourne, Gold Coast, and Sydney. It will resume all of its pre-pandemic routes from mid-year.
- Hospital Staff That Decline COVID Vaccine For Religious Reasons Must Attest To Also Swearing Off Tylenol, Tums, & Other Common Meds September 18, 2021
- ‘Justice for J6’: Protesters Call for Due Process for Capitol Attack Detainees September 18, 2021
- Mexican State Cops Stop Buses with Caribbean Migrants Headed for Border, They Kept Walking September 18, 2021
- EXCLUSIVE VIDEO: Venezuelan, Colombian Migrants Cross Border Upstream from Del Rio Migrant Camp September 18, 2021
- Could Biden Nominate Anti-Gun Activist David Chipman As “Gun Czar”? September 16, 2021
- COVID Hysteria Could Destroy A Generation September 16, 2021
- The Illusion Of Getting Rich While Producing Nothing September 16, 2021
- Report: John Durham Will Seek Indictment of Democratic Lawyer for Allegedly Lying to the F.B.I. During ‘Russian Collusion’ Investigation September 16, 2021
- Watch: Joe Biden Forgets Who He’s Talking To — Calls Australian PM ‘That Fella Down Under’ September 16, 2021
- Major UK Fertilizer Plants Shuttered Due To Skyrocketing Natural Gas Prices September 16, 2021
- Canada’s Conservatives Are Using Soaring Inflation To Help Defeat Trudeau September 15, 2021
- Mary Trump: Donald’s Entire Cabinet in ‘Dereliction of Its Duty’ for Not Invoking 25th Amendment September 15, 2021
- Bonds & Dollar Dump; Crypto Jumps As Debt-Ceiling Doubts Build September 15, 2021
- European Gas Prices Continue Parabolic Rise As EU Debates Nord Stream 2 Certification September 15, 2021
- Larry Elder, ‘Gracious in Defeat’: ‘We May Have Lost the Battle, but We Are Going to Win the War’ September 15, 2021
- Over Two-Thirds Of Businesses Worldwide Report Hiring Difficulties September 15, 2021
- WATCH – Gavin Newsom After Recall Victory: ‘We Said Yes to Science, We Said Yes to Vaccines’ September 15, 2021
- Gavin Newsom to Remain in Office; Democrats Want to Limit Future Recalls September 14, 2021
- Nikki Minaj Sparks MSM Meltdown After Suggesting Americans Think For Themselves About Vaccines September 14, 2021
- Nolte: Elites Violate Mask Mandate at Grotesque Met Gala September 14, 2021
- 1,659,724 hits