Qantas to Add Cairns and Gold Coast to Auckland Direct Flights
April 7, 2021 12:24 am
Tags: Asia & Pacific, Auckland, Australia, CCP Virus, International, Jestar, pandemic, Qantas, World
Categories: Asia & Pacific Auckland Australia CCP Virus Epoch Times International Jestar JoshWho News pandemic Qantas World
Qantas and Jetstar will soon restart flying to all of their pre-pandemic New Zealand destinations while also launching two new routes direct from Auckland to Cairns and the Gold Coast when the two-way Trans-Tasman bubble opens later this month.
The national carrier said this would provide travellers with more options for holidays in Queensland and New Zealand.
It will also boost the number of trans-Tasman flights, which had sunk to less than 3 percent capacity at the height of the pandemic.
The two-way travel bubble will allow the airline to resume operations at 83 percent capacity.
The announcement comes after Australia and New Zealand announced that a two-way safe travel zone, or a travel bubble, will start from April 19 between the two countries.
Qantas Domestic and International CEO Andrew David said restarting the flights would help reconnect families and friends and rebuild the airline group’s international network.
“Hopefully, stories of missed weddings and birthdays on either side of the ditch will now be a thing of the past,” David said.
“We know Australians are keen to head overseas again, so we expect strong demand for flights to New Zealand, and there are many Kiwis who can’t wait for a winter escape to warmer weather in Australia.”
Qantas and Jetstar will operate up to 122 return flights per week across the Tasman Sea on 15 routes, offering more than 52,000 seats each week.
Travellers who book flights before July 31 will be allowed unlimited flight date changes if their travel is before Feb. 28, 2022.
Frequent flyers will be able to use points on every seat on every Qantas and Jetstar flight for the first three days of sales as a “Classic Flight redemption.”
Prior to the pandemic, Qantas usually operated direct flights to Auckland, Wellington, Christchurch, and Queenstown in New Zealand and ski season flights direct flights from Brisbane and Melbourne to Queenstown.
The new daily service from the Gold Coast to Auckland will mark Qantas’ first-ever international flights from Gold Coast Airport.
The new Cairns-Auckland route will launch in early June, operating three days per week. Flights will initially operate for eight weeks until late July, and Qantas will look to add more flights beyond this period if there is demand, the airline said.
Jetstar, the Qantas Group’s budget airline, will initially operate flights to Auckland from Melbourne, Gold Coast, and Sydney. It will resume all of its pre-pandemic routes from mid-year.
- Walmart Recalls Aromatherapy Spray Due To Presence Of Rare And Deadly Bacteria October 26, 2021
- Jan. 6th 2020 was 100% Staged. Meet FBI Informant Ray Epps The Fed-Protected Provocateur Who Appears To Have Led The Very First 1/6 Attack On The U.S. Capitol October 26, 2021
- Dave Chappelle Won’t Speak with Critics Unless They ‘Admit’ Comic Who Torched Netflix for Defending Him ‘Isn’t Funny’ October 26, 2021
- Men Shot by Kyle Rittenhouse Can Be Called ‘Rioters,’ ‘Looters,’ But Not ‘Victims,’ Judge Rules October 26, 2021
- United Nations Wants U.S. to Import More Afghans as Soros Aids Biden’s Resettlement October 26, 2021
- FDA Panel Votes In Favor Of Pfizer Covid-19 Vaccine For Children Aged 5 – 11 October 26, 2021
- Democrats Stalking $5 Trillion In Billionaire Wealth For Tax Extraction October 26, 2021
- The Lost ‘Lockdown’ Months Of The COVID Crisis October 26, 2021
- Striking Workers Decry “Suicide Shifts” As Pandemic Burnout Takes Toll October 25, 2021
- Bidenflation Stole Christmas: Consumer Prices Up, Retail Spending Plans Not October 25, 2021
- EXCLUSIVE-Kevin McCarthy: Facebook Employees’ Leftist Narratives ‘Threatened’ by Breitbart Reporting October 25, 2021
- Thousands of NYC Workers March Across Brooklyn Bridge Protesting Vaccine Mandates: ‘F*ck Joe Biden!’ October 25, 2021
- Musk Tweets “Wild $T1mes!” After TSLA Joins ‘Four Commas’ Club October 25, 2021
- Musk Tops $250 Billion Net Worth After TSLA Rockets Past FB As 5th Biggest US Stock October 25, 2021
- Goldman Cut’s China’s 2022 GDP To Just 5.2% October 24, 2021
- ADL Warns: Avoid Culturally Insensitive, Gender-conforming Halloween Costumes October 24, 2021
- New Zealand Prime Minister Admits She Wants to Create Two Classes of Citizens Based on Vaccination Status October 24, 2021
- ‘The Richest He’s Ever Been’: Trump Set To Gain Billions In Net Worth On Moonshot SPAC October 24, 2021
- Washington Post ‘Forced to Admit They Lied’ After Pretending ‘F*ck Joe Biden’ Chant Was ‘Let’s Go, Brandon’ October 24, 2021
- Citigroup Becomes First Wall Street Megabank To Commit To “Racial Audit” October 24, 2021
- 1,663,738 hits